• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and Love Languages

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if there is already a thread similar to this or not, but have you ever noticed any prevalence of a certain love language (quality time, gifts, acts of service, words of affirmation, and physical touch) in specific types?

For example, my experience is that IxTx types tend to be more Acts of Service oriented, but that's only what I've noticed in people I know.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think I've seen a pattern, but for me I'm Words>Time>Touch>Acts>Gifts. :)

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I don't know if there is already a thread similar to this or not, but have you ever noticed any prevalence of a certain love language (quality time, gifts, acts of service, words of affirmation, and physical touch) in specific types?

For example, my experience is that IxTx types tend to be more Acts of Service oriented, but that's only what I've noticed in people I know.
I'm an INFJ, and I'm Words of Affirmation and Physical Touch.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mine is Quality Time and then either Words of Affirmation or Physical Touch.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well so far it seems like the NFs like words, time, and touch. :laugh:

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Yeah, I'm an introvert, so I can get tired of being around people I'm close to, even. I much prefer written communication in most cases. I think that's why I'm not quality time.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well so far it seems like the NFs like words, time, and touch. :laugh:
Yeah, I think NFs tend to be more oriented around those. :)

Yeah, I'm an introvert, so I can get tired of being around people I'm close to, even. I much prefer written communication in most cases. I think that's why I'm not quality time.
That makes sense to me. For me, though, even if we don't talk, sometimes just "being" with a person I care about is enough. For example, I love to do something quiet and have someone else be doing something else quiet in another part of the room and occasionally commenting on something or smiling at each other. I just love knowing that they carved time into in their (usually busy) schedule just to be with me and that's very special to me as they could be spending it anywhere or with anyone else.
But sometimes I do feel pulled in two directions because I want to spend time a person, but I also want my "introvert" time. :p

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Huh. I checked into this once and got words, time, and touch as well.

A

Anew Leaf

I have noticed that men and T's in general seem to prefer physical touch as their numero uno lengua amor.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have noticed that men and T's in general seem to prefer physical touch as their numero uno lengua amor.

Seems true with INxP men in general, too. I think you lose a lot of men when you explain that "touch" is more than just sexy times, though.

(Mine are touch, time, words, service, and coming in way last, gifts.)

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
INFP. words, time, touch.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Huh. I checked into this once and got words, time, and touch as well.

I want to say most people probably have a preference for those three but I don't know. :unsure: My INFP ex-friend scored #1 on gifts and it's totally true, although more in an unhealthy sense because she's totally materialistic now.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to say most people probably have a preference for those three but I don't know. :unsure: My INFP ex-friend scored #1 on gifts and it's totally true, although more in an unhealthy sense because she's totally materialistic now.

I think gifts may be one of the rarer of the five. I think it may also be one of the more intriguing ones as well, since it can become materialism if you're not careful. I've heard it's more the thought put into it, or that it's a physical reminder of someone's affection, rather than the gift itself. I wouldn't know personally though because gifts is my lowest. :shrug:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm Physical Touch by far, then Quality Time.

Most people I have talked to IRL have Quality Time fairly high on their list and Gifts fairly low.

I think Gifts is an interesting one. It seems materialistic, but I have to say that when someone give me a really good gift, I'm really impressed, and it can signify a lot. So I understand it on the level of being both an active and clear demonstration of love as well as sort of a little quantum of how well they understand and know you.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think gifts may be one of the rarer of the five. I think it may also be one of the more intriguing ones as well, since it can become materialism if you're not careful. I've heard it's more the thought put into it, or that it's a physical reminder of someone's affection, rather than the gift itself. I wouldn't know personally though because gifts is my lowest. :shrug:

I'm sure every kind of love language could have some sort of negative manifestation. :thinking: Probably in the form of both receiving AND giving. Gifts as materialism/overspending, acts as expecting favors/bending over backwards to appease someone, not sure about the other 3 though. Words could be constant need of reassurance/being too cheesy?

gromit

likes this
I forget now but I know I like acts of service and quality time and touch. Words of affirmation and gifts less so...

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm Physical Touch by far, then Quality Time.

Most people I have talked to IRL have Quality Time fairly high on their list and Gifts fairly low.

I think Gifts is an interesting one. It seems materialistic, but I have to say that when someone give me a really good gift, I'm really impressed, and it can signify a lot. So I understand it on the level of being both an active and clear demonstration of love as well as sort of a little quantum of how well they understand and know you.
I know what you mean. I try to give very thoughtful gifts. And sometimes, I have gotten very thoughtful gifts. It can really mean a lot if it's the right gift.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
words and time for me

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Touch is probably the one needed most frequently, but all of them are required occasionally, other than gifts, and maybe acts of service (depending how we're defining it exactly). I can't really rank them because they're all components of a healthy relationship for me. It'd be like trying to rank breakfast vs. lunch vs. dinner. But I get cranky earliest if touch is withheld.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Touch is probably the one needed most frequently, but all of them are required occasionally, other than gifts, and maybe acts of service (depending how we're defining it exactly). I can't really rank them because they're all components of a healthy relationship for me. It'd be like trying to rank breakfast vs. lunch vs. dinner. But I get cranky earliest if touch is withheld.
You can often tell what love language you are by the way you demonstrate love to others. I am soooo verbal and touchy with people I am affectionate with.