• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and Love Languages

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm quality time, followed by words. Then touch.

I think touch might be higher on the list, but with regard to relationships at large, I reserve this mode of affection only for age-appropriate male friends. Sure, I'll dole out hugs when the social environment calls for it (family reunions, for example) - but I don't like to, and will absolutely avoid it if I can. I don't even feel completely comfortable hugging my own parents! If a friend accidentally bumps my foot under the dinner table, I pull away like I've been burned.

On the other hand, show me a dude I'm interested in/could become interested in...and I'll want nothing more than to touch him. Basically, I adore touch, but I've sexualized it.

Somewhat off topic but I wonder how do our preferences for love languages form? Is there something in your (anybody) childhood that you associate with your love language?

My mom is a hardcore acts of service person, and that's how she showed her love when I was growing up. She was very critical, voicing her dissatisfaction (if there was any) but generally not her approval. I think that could have easily contributed to my desire to hear good things from other people, since I didn't really get much of that as a kid.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
And who can blame them? I am struck dumb by Honor whereas I would by honoured to speak to Honour.

Oh the horror of Honor.
lol, Mole, I forgot you are British and it took me a while to figure out what you were talking about, sir.

Mole

Permabanned
lol, Mole, I forgot you are British and it took me a while to figure out what you were talking about, sir.

Well madam, I am no more British than Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

As I write we are engaged in a struggle with Britain for the Ashes. And I am pleased to report we are 2-0 in our favour.

It was of course your very own revolutionary Noah Webster who took the spelling of American English back to year zero, and gave you your name, Honor, deliberately cutting you off from the history and meaning of the word honour.

There is no honour among revolutionaries.

But there is plenty of honour among the kangaroos.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Well madam, I am no more British than Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.

As I write we are engaged in a struggle with Britain for the Ashes. And I am pleased to report we are 2-0 in our favour.

It was of course your very own revolutionary Noah Webster who took the spelling of American English back to year zero, and gave you your name, Honor, deliberately cutting you off from the history and meaning of the word honour.

There is no honour among revolutionaries.

But there is plenty of honour among the kangaroos.
But Mole, I am an American now, but I wasn't born in the US. So, I'm not sure if that means Noah Webster is my own or I can claim any credit for the American Revolution. The country I was actually born in still spells "honor" as "honour."

Mole

Permabanned
But Mole, I am an American now, but I wasn't born in the US. So, I'm not sure if that means Noah Webster is my own or I can claim any credit for the American Revolution.

Well Honor whenever you consult Webster's American Dictionary you can think of year zero and wonder what might have been.

But there is no need to wonder, for the kangaroos speak the full panopoly of English, uncontrained by revolution or civil war.

Indeed we speak the Queen's English.

But worse, Honor, not only do we not share the same spelling, we don't even share the same sense of humour.

We don't even share the same values, where you make the distinction between sincere and phoney, we make the same distinction between amusing and boring.

And alas, Honor, can even mbti help the twain to meet?

ameeker

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I don't know if there is already a thread similar to this or not, but have you ever noticed any prevalence of a certain love language (quality time, gifts, acts of service, words of affirmation, and physical touch) in specific types?

For example, my experience is that IxTx types tend to be more Acts of Service oriented, but that's only what I've noticed in people I know.

I would agree.

ameeker

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
My mom is an ISFJ, and she would love to buy me things.