• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fashion by Type

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like brighter tops, vs neutrals. But, my favorite colors/colors that I think look best on me are darker purples/magentas, blues, greens, and blacks. These days my 'look' is pretty much always wearing a scarf, but ones I knit myself, not the type that are thinner/more trendy lately. And, I usually wear some sort of cardigan/sweater/jacket over my shirt. Top it off with earrings and that's my style.

Jeans (but I dislike skinny jeans), usually. But lately I've really started liking ankle-length more fitted skirts.

Per a few earlier comments, I think I fit the 4w3 more 'sophisticated' / elegant look; I got a few comments in college re. that. But think that's a combo of clothing but maybe moreso how I carry myself/move (because.. many of my outfits are in theory fairly casual, it just doesn't look super casual on me; don't know if people will understand what I mean here).

yeghor

I've started in the last couple of years integrating more colors into my formal attire...like dark blue or purple shirts...dark green, brown pants... started using accessories like watches more...

As for casual attire, I like loose fitting and comfortable clothes, like hoodie, jeans, sweatpants and sneakers...

I like coordinating colors, mostly in combinations already found in nature like shades of green, brown, yellow etc...

L

LadyLazarus

Love the color scheme for ISFP, hate the actual outfit(except for the skirt), although the concept of the overall outfit is nice.

In regards to my own taste, I prefer moderately trendy casual pieces for the most part. I hate the whole plain tee shit and jeans look, I only ever wear that sort of stuff when I am lazy or sick.Other than that I enjoy neutral colors, as well as dark colors, I hate overly bright gaudy colors and overly embellished pieces, as I do not strive to look like a disco ball.I only follow the trends I find appealing, others like UGGs or whatever I do not. I like to keep it classic but modern.

I like vivid colors. Dark jewel tones and lots of black in the winter and bright pinks, yellows, oranges and white in the summer.

Full skirts are a wardrobe staple for me. Also strappy sandals.

Don't like pants, generally avoid wearing them unless I have to.

Low necklines. :blush:

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
90% of the time I don't feel like drawing attention to my appearance, so I wear some of the most nondescript stuff possible: jeans or black pants, T-shirts, black or brown leather shoes. If I'm feeling relatively bold I sometimes wear a long multi-colored skirt or all black. I refuse to wear anything that sacrifices comfort and/or mobility for beauty (high heels, tight skirts, etc.)

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm glad [MENTION=20828]Deceptive[/MENTION] revived this thread, so I don't have to.

All the material I've read on INTJs says that they don't care about fashion, because they don't care what society thinks of them. That's not quite true in my case. While it IS true that I don't care what society thinks of me, I do care what I look like. And since I'm a private person and don't volunteer things about myself unless I feel comfortable doing so, I instead choose to express my personality through my clothing.

As far as my fashion sense goes, I'm drawn to classic, timeless pieces. I wear a lot of black and white, and I love stripes and houndstooth. I also occasionally like to wear bold colors and prints as accent pieces. I wouldn't wear a bright yellow dress, but I would wear a black dress with bright yellow heels. But I don't like soft color palettes, or lace or ruffles. Those just aren't me.

I also like my clothes to fit well. Tailored, close-fitting clothes are actually more comfortable to me than baggy clothing. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing sweatpants, even while alone.

Here's an example of something I would wear:
set.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All the material I've read on INTJs says that they don't care about fashion, because they don't care what society thinks of them. That's not quite true in my case. While it IS true that I don't care what society thinks of me, I do care what I look like. And since I'm a private person and don't volunteer things about myself unless I feel comfortable doing so, I instead choose to express my personality through my clothing.

As far as my fashion sense goes, I'm drawn to classic, timeless pieces. I wear a lot of black and white, and I love stripes and houndstooth. I also occasionally like to wear bold colors and prints as accent pieces. I wouldn't wear a bright yellow dress, but I would wear a black dress with bright yellow heels. But I don't like soft color palettes, or lace or ruffles. Those just aren't me.

I also like my clothes to fit well. Tailored, close-fitting clothes are actually more comfortable to me than baggy clothing. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing sweatpants, even while alone.
"Fashion" suggests a consideration of external approval, since it amounts to what is popular or recognized by others as being "in style". So yes, in that sense we don't care about fashion. What we often do care about is projecting the appearance we want to project. This leads us to control our wardrobe choices, just as we control other aspects of our interactions with others.

My sense of privacy takes me in the opposite direction, though. Rather than expressing through clothing things about myself that I won't express otherwise, I try to make sure that my clothing doesn't express what I don't want to share. I prefer my clothing to be a complete non-issue most of the time, and neither call attention to me, nor detract from whatever I do want to present. I also don't want to waste alot of time or money on it.

I therefore have a very limited color palette with almost everything I own matching somehow. The styles are classic, though I will keep something in a more trendy style if I like it, even when it has gone out of style. I, too, prefer things that are tailored but not so close-fitting as to be confining or truly tight. E.g. skinny jeans are a big no-no. I often wear knits, like the turtleneck below, though not with jeans to work.

$T2eC16JHJG!E9nm3pk,wBRY0osc!PQ~~_35.JPG

DeadRinga

MBTI Type
INTP
No one posted any ENTP clothing. Am curious to what people think one would wear. I'm somewhat undecided on ENTP or INTP for myself.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Clothes I like.

imagesR9RXOEVB.jpgimagesUKID5JT9.jpgdress.pngskirt.pngclothes.jpg

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my fashion style is young homeless cutie. i mostly wear leggings because i got too fat for jeans. also athletic wear even though i don't work out because it's comfortable and i can just tell someone "ya i just got back from the gym" if they DARE say anything to me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

^this is something I would be equally comfortable wearing at home, to work, to social events, etc.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION] I really like your style.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=19700]Starcrash[/MENTION] I really like your style.

Thank you.

It's really just a mashup though. I like to dress up, but not too "tucked-in" or formal.

My shirt is untucked and hanging out over my jeans. Luckily, the office where I work tends to be pretty relaxed when it comes to dress code. Technically I should probably tuck in my shirts more often, but I've found I get far more compliments when I leave my outfits slightly unkempt and "loose"

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Thank you.

It's really just a mashup though. I like to dress up, but not too "tucked-in" or formal.

My shirt is untucked and hanging out over my jeans. Luckily, the office where I work tends to be pretty relaxed when it comes to dress code. Technically I should probably tuck in my shirts more often, but I've found I get far more compliments when I leave my outfits slightly unkempt and "loose"

I think that being a 9w8 would mean you do look your best when you are just "slightly" unkempt. It's like a casual confidence. ;) It's our underlying "greatness." haha. I get the most compliments when my hair is slightly unkempt and when I wear the most simplistic clothing, like jeans and a T-shirt or sweater.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that being a 9w8 would mean you do look your best when you are just "slightly" unkempt. It's like a casual confidence. ;) It's our underlying "greatness." haha. I get the most compliments when my hair is slightly unkempt and when I wear the most simplistic clothing, like jeans and a T-shirt or sweater.

Yeah, funny how it works that way for me.

If I'm too overdressed, I start to feel uncomfortable and insecure in my appearance. People have caught me unknowingly running my hands through my hair just to mess it up. Combs are anathema to me.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is more of a metaphor than a literal fashion example for INFJ

I personally like a style that has elements of classical, elegance, timelessness, ethereal, bohemian, and a little gothic.

Studmuffin23

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
(INFJ) I dress as causal as possible.

Summer: t-shirt, blue jeans, white tennis shoes.

Winter: sweater/hoodie, blue jeans, white tennis shoes.

Special occasions: Leather jacket, blue jeans, white tennis shoes

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jeans + random t-shirt + sneakers.

I've never worn high heels/ballet flat shoes, skirts/dresses, make-up... just the thought of it makes me feel uncomfortable.

I really wish I could go out in my pyjamas.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I figure "ESTJ fashion" is whatever the ESTJ feels will "fit in" and/or be appropriate and/or will "get the job done" somehow. In my case "getting the job done" means giving people a general idea of the sort of person I am, while also impressing them and making them think I seem cool. Because I am cool. :cool:

General gist of the stuff I like:

Workwear

Casual