• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fashion by Type

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I used to love that site (where the photos from the OP are from)...I'd spend hours making outfits (and stories in my head to go with them); it was like playing with barbie dolls again. It was such a waste of time... :D

My style is sorta bohemian, arty, eclectic, and sometimes retro, sometimes modern. I'm generally quite feminine, liking to wear dresses/skirts a lot, but sometimes I like some menswear pieces, kind of Annie Hallish. I pull ideas from everything and somehow end up looking like me & not like where I pulled it from, which is cool I guess, but I always know how derivative it is. Other people seem to think I'm original and creative... I was discussing this with a male 4 once, and he said sometimes he thinks it's just how he carries himself. I often think I am not doing anything special (and indeed, am not) & certainly did not shop anywhere unique, but there's some way that I wear it that makes people think it looks special.

I like accessories a lot - hats, scarves, jewelry, tights in every color/texture, etc. I like novelty too, so I do notice trends. People tell me I seem regal/elegant, so I'm not so arty/bohemian that I look disheveled, I guess. I enjoy makeup (although these days I'm not wearing much to work on a daily basis), and tend to wear red lipstick and liquid black eyeliner a lot.

I probably look more an ISFP 4w3, and a stereotypical one at that. People always imagine INFP 4w5 as being less style conscious or clad all in black (which I do like).

When I was a kid, I was disheveled and unaware of my appearance, with goofily large glasses and flyaway hair. I used to spend a lot of time crafting looks for my dolls or characters I'd draw, and sometime in my teens I started to apply that to myself. So I seem to be "in character" with whatever I wear....

Last edited:

Sunny Ghost

I used to love that site (where the photos from the OP are from)...I'd spend hours making outfits (and stories in my head to go with them); it was like playing with barbie dolls again. It was such a waste of time... :D

My style is sorta bohemian, arty, eclectic, and sometimes retro, sometimes modern. I'm generally quite feminine, liking to wear dresses/skirts a lot, but sometimes I like some menswear pieces, kind of Annie Hallish. I pull ideas from everything and somehow end up looking like me & not like where I pulled it from, which is cool I guess, but I always know how derivative it is. Other people seem to think I'm original and creative... I was discussing this with a male 4 once, and he said sometimes he thinks it's just how he carries himself. I often think I am not doing anything special (and indeed, am not) & certainly did not shop anyway unique, but there's some way that I wear it that makes people think it looks special.

I like accessories a lot - hats, scarves, jewelry, tights in every color/texture, etc. I like novelty too, so I do notice trends. People tell me I seem regal/elegant, so I'm not so arty/bohemian that I look disheveled, I guess. I enjoy makeup (although these days I'm not wearing much to work on a daily basis), and tend to wear red lipstick and liquid black eyeliner a lot.

I probably look more an ISFP 4w3, and a stereotypical one at that. People always imagine INFP 4w5 as being less style conscious or clad all in black (which I do like).

When I was a kid, I was disheveled and unaware of my appearance, with goofily large glasses and flyaway hair. I used to spend a lot of time crafting looks for my dolls or characters I'd draw, and sometime in my teens I started to apply that to myself. So I seem to be "in character" with whatever I wear....

I can actually relate to a lot of that. Also, coincidentally, have been called regal. A guy I used to work with always called me "governor." He said it's because I looked like a statesman or noble person. A lot of it had to do with posture, too. But my style is sorta artsy, eclectic, mixed in with black classic pieces, and I adore accessories. Earrings, necklaces, hats, scarves. Yes! I don't think I have a very 4w3 style though. I tend to think I'm more understated and 4w5 like, visually.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
a505f517d5b3e2d55fe6e223356dbeaa.jpg

a9dd0a9fdfb4e98cd22683075e8c43ae.jpg

805b84cf82ea8c2d25e985b4367c6167.jpg

9524d61f95d4cff733b48570bb1da300.jpg

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can actually relate to a lot of that. Also, coincidentally, have been called regal. A guy I used to work with always called me "governor." He said it's because I looked like a statesman or noble person. A lot of it had to do with posture, too. But my style is sorta artsy, eclectic, mixed in with black classic pieces, and I adore accessories. Earrings, necklaces, hats, scarves. Yes! I don't think I have a very 4w3 style though. I tend to think I'm more understated and 4w5 like, visually.

The regal thing is very 4... The person who most recently called me this said it's the same vibe his wife gives off, and I'm quite sure she is 4w3, perhaps IxFP. She is very elegant & refined looking, but has this sour look as her default face; however, when you actually talk to her she's sweet and spacey with a warm smile. The spaciness makes me think IxFP and not INFJ.

She notably does not ever look bohemian or anything less than aristocratic. I'm far "funkier" & er, strange at times, but I don't know if that's anything to do with the wing.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I have a (very favorite) cropped leather 3/4 sleeve motorcycle jacket just like that & a nearly identical skirt. I may have once worn them together with a scarf like that too :D .

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a (very favorite) cropped leather 3/4 sleeve motorcycle jacket just like that & a nearly identical skirt. I may have once worn them together with a scarf like that too :D .
Leather is a staple of mine. :yes:

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes the right piece for me is uncomfortable or cold. My rule isn't to avoid those things, but that if I make the choice to wear the heels/skirt/what have you, I'm comitting not to complain or to cut my outing short for their sake.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would totally wear the black sweater, jeans and dark gray boots. I dress like that often.

I would also wear this: View attachment 10638

or this:

View attachment 10639

or either one of these. I like comfort and practicality. If I can't move in it and wear it all day to work and be comfortable, I don't really want it.

View attachment 10640View attachment 10641View attachment 10642

The one in the checks and jean jacket actually IS me, getting ready to head to work.

Isn't that all ESFP'ish?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes the right piece for me is uncomfortable or cold. My rule isn't to avoid those things, but that if I make the choice to wear the heels/skirt/what have you, I'm comitting not to complain or to cut my outing short for their sake.

their sake?

Concur_Withall

MBTI Type
NFJ
Ni...

Something basic but distinct. Probably somewhat weather-independent. Perhaps interesting designs.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
ESFPish...maybe but I need whatever outfit I put on at 5:30 a.m. to endure and function until 10 p.m. and the only thing I want to have to fix along the way is my lip gloss.:) I also plan my wardrobe in advance and have a week's worth of clothes laid out to wear. I check the weather report on Sunday evening then lay out the week's clothing based on that report. I add or subtract accessories to accommodate weather changes, such as a rain jacket, umbrella or coat. Because I am a busy person, I categorize my wardrobe by color and season. I'm not OCD or anything like that, but in the long run, it just helps me to know exactly where my fuzzy red hoodie's gonna be so I don't have to look for it, which is a useless waste of time. So for me, clothing is all about efficiency and functionality and that's what my style is. I'll never walk down a run way but I sure can accomplish a lot in just one day!

Oh, and I am a very private, modest person in my clothing so I don't like to draw loads of attention to myself, so I avoid wild patterns and extremely bright colors most of the time. I often wear a T-shirt or plain white shirt or sweat shirt and jeans.

Sunny Ghost

most of it seems like comfort, but feminine.

Is that a very ESFP trait? I tend to like a lot of comfortable clothes, too. That first image she posted looks like how I'd dress to school. Although, my accessories would be a bit different.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Is that a very ESFP trait? I tend to like a lot of comfortable clothes, too. That first image she posted looks like how I'd dress to school. Although, my accessories would be a bit different.

I don't think feminine can be equated with a type. I also like many of the black outfits that were posted, but some of them wouldn't be practical to wear on my job.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Well, the one I know does that. She also adds something girly extra, something small. Either some blinkers on the jeans or small ear rings or a small necklace. Only one item at a time.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I despise this thread for slandering me.