• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Efficiency and Type

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Is this a Te thing? I'm obsessed with efficiency. Before begining any activity, I subconsciously calculate the most efficient route to completion. Same thing with navigation. I've even changed the way I write certain letters to minimize the number of pen strokes. So who's with me? Do you think it's a type thing or odd quirk/compulsion?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure, but I'm fairly obsessed about it too, so it can't be purely a Te thing.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I think that I have mild ADD, but I can really focus on a project with a deadline and rip off amazing productivity in a short amount of time.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this a Te thing? I'm obsessed with efficiency. Before begining any activity, I subconsciously calculate the most efficient route to completion. Same thing with navigation. I've even changed the way I write certain letters to minimize the number of pen strokes. So who's with me? Do you think it's a type thing or odd quirk/compulsion?

I can relate to this. I can't say it's subconscious for me, because I'm aware of when I'm doing it, but yeah, some examples -- I always figure out the quickest route for navigation, and especially when it comes to errands, I'll plot the most efficient order of doing things -- or will postpone one errand or another for a later date, or combining it with something else, so as to minimize the number of trips I make, or the amount of time it takes. Or even more of an everyday thing - when I'm carrying multiple things from one room to the next, or from the car to my apt., I'll make sure to do it in a way that leads to the fewest number of trips back and forth.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I can relate to this. I can't say it's subconscious for me, because I'm aware of when I'm doing it, but yeah, some examples -- I always figure out the quickest route for navigation, and especially when it comes to errands, I'll plot the most efficient order of doing things -- or will postpone one errand or another for a later date, or combining it with something else, so as to minimize the number of trips I make, or the amount of time it takes. Or even more of an everyday thing - when I'm carrying multiple things from one room to the next, or from the car to my apt., I'll make sure to do it in a way that leads to the fewest number of trips back and forth.

hmmmm, so it could be a conservation of energy thing (as in not spending energy, not the first law of thermodynamics). Maybe it's an evolutionary adaptation like ADD for nomads. Maybe I'm over Ne-ing. K, I'm done.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
When I'm stuck doing a task, I love to see how streamlined I can get it. I think it's because I'm lazy. Sometimes I might goof around and take my time doing something, but usually I want to be able to get things done with as little time and effort as possible so I can go back to my computer or book or whatever. Motto: Work smart, not hard.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
It's a personality trait anyone would be expected to have to some degree, that in certain people gets brought out more.

In MBTI terms, my guess would be that T types would be more likely to show the "llok for effeciency" trait, though as usual with these MBTI associated traits it would just be a tendency.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think that the most efficient types are the Chart-the-Course types (ISTP, ISTJ, INTJ, and INFJ).

Although, NTs, as a rule, are concerned with efficiency, SPs with effectiveness.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
When dealing with menial/manual/mundane tasks, i.e. boring shit that I don't *want* to do but *have* to, I work as efficiently as I possibly can.