• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which MBTi types tend to be more attracted to MBTi and similar personality tests?

Optimouse

MBTI Type
INFP
That's a question and a food for thought, because I tried to search this sometimes but it loops to itself so I don't find what I want.
In a similar way that we question for example "are there more INFPs or INTPs attracted to atheism", which types do you think are more attracted to personality tests and which other types might be uninterested?
Of course, every type is there on this forum, but are there some statistics which types or letters have more preference to visit these forums and which are less frequent or express a distrust in these tests?

I am just really curious. I am really interested in MBTi and other personality measurements and deep discussions about the subjects. I thought it was because I am lost and I want to discover things about myself, maybe as an INFP I am lost, but other people are more certain about who they are with higher self-esteem, so they could think these tests are not for them, because they don't need someone else to tell them who they are.

So, anyway what are the usual types of people who might be more attracted to these kinds of things? What do you thing? Or is there some statistic research done?

Optimouse

MBTI Type
INFP
Just realized there is a sticky post with forum member statistics, it's what I want.
Sorry bout that, I am new here :)

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
NFs most likely, always in search of their identity.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
NFs most likely, always in search of their identity.

Not a bad guess but, as the stickied OP shows, if you're looking for the #1 two-letter combination, it's actually the INs who are the most disproportionately represented (and by a fairly substantial margin).

And that's somewhat consistent with my RL experience with ENFPs and ENFJs, who've proven to be less interested in learning about the MBTI than I would have expected.

It's true there's a decent-sized population of ENFPs at TC but, let's face it, they're mostly just here to meet INTJs. :alttongue:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's true there's a decent-sized population of ENFPs at TC but, let's face it, they're mostly just here to meet INTJs. :alttongue:

Said the INTJ. :unicorn:

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Not a bad guess but, as the stickied OP shows, if you're looking for the #1 two-letter combination, it's actually the INs who are the most disproportionately represented (and by a fairly substantial margin).

Yeah but for different reasons. Introverts are far more active in internet forums so it's no surprise that INs dominate this site.
I supose NTs like MBTI for being a theoretical system that helps to understand the human personality, so more for the scientific aspects.
But in general I say it's easier to get a NF to make a personality test.
INFP is most common here I think.

It's true there's a decent-sized population of ENFPs at TC but, let's face it, they're mostly just here to meet INTJs.

Of course we are!
But we try to hide as good as we can. :p

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would think INFs.

Well, just to talk with them. You can't get that condensed amount of weirdness nearly as reliably IRL. And you know ENFPs just want to try all the flavors as much as possible. :tongue:

Though to be honest, I love talking about the MBTI online, but I'm not as into talking about it IRL, so I'm not sure it's necessarily right to equate the two. I don't think you can necessarily gauge person's level of interest in something by how much they expose themself to it in front of you - especially because the quality of interest and conversation you can get here online is so much higher than IRL.

badger055

Permabanned
This stuff is like crack to me. I just don't care to socialize with you guys about it.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think it attracts NFs and NTs equally (SF, ST quite less.) But NTs take it way too seriously and become their label way more than NFs do.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
NFs say the MBTI is fine as far as it goes, but you shouldn't forget that you can't really put people in neat little boxes, and that the most interesting aspects of someone's personality are generally the things that make them a unique individual!

And NTs are happy to acknowledge that your personality includes aspects that aren't really covered by the MBTI and that make you a unique individual — but NTs respectfully suggest that, if you'd like to discuss those parts, you should probably find an NF who's interested.

I hope this clears things up.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INXX types followed by ENXP.

INXX types- the MBTI profiles make them look more special and unique.

Who wants to read an MBTI profile that makes you sound just like everyone else (particularly true of some of the S type profiles).

The ENXP types- with dominant Ne, they are ever curious and open to new ideas and theories.