• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most Schizotypal types

Which types are the most Schizotypal?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That list is pretty interesting, but I got skeptical when I read that Ti-Si or Si-Ti is Schizotypal.

There's no way over-emphasis on a grounding function like Si would spring into odd magical beliefs and dazzling metaphysical systems.

As a generalization, that list might be okay, though I'm not sure I support the idea of opposite types being similar.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fuck the loops. INTP is schizotypal, INFP second-most. INTJ and ISTJ are schizoid.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fuck the loops. INTP is schizotypal, INFP second-most. INTJ and ISTJ are schizoid.

This is also my present view on loops, until I see sufficient evidence and/or reasoning to the contrary, and your outline seems to connect fairly well with what Celebrity Types believes:

About INTPs

•Abstract-minded systems analysts
•Amongst the types with the highest average IQ
•Strongly linked to the Schizotypal personality
•Somewhat linked to the Schizoid personality
•More common amongst men than amongst women
•Repress their Extroverted Feeling function, meaning that they may have difficulty emoting and figuring out what others need from them emotionally

About INFPs

•Idiosyncratic dreamers with strong imaginations
•Strongly linked to the Avoidant personality
•Somewhat linked to the Dependent, Histrionic and Negativistic personalities
•More common in women than in men
•Repress their Extroverted Thinking function, meaning they sometimes preserve their own opinion in the face of facts and evidence to the contrary

About INTJs

•Tenacious visionaries, oriented towards action
•Strongly linked to the Narcissistic personality
•Somewhat linked to the Schizotypal personality
•More common in men than in women
•Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, which means they may lose touch with factual realities and fail to adapt their opinions accordingly

About ISTJs

•Thorough and responsible administrators
•Strongly linked to the Compulsive personality
•Repress their Extroverted Intuition function, meaning they sometimes resist change and view ingenuity with skepticism

And, just because they were mentioned so much, I'm also including INFJ and ISTP:

About INFJs

•Holistic visionaries, oriented towards contemplation
•Strongly linked to the Dependent personality
•Somewhat linked to the Depressive and Narcissistic personalities
•Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, meaning they may forgo living life to its fullest

About ISTPs

•Cool, self-contained problem-solvers
•Strongly linked to the Negativistic personality
•Somewhat linked to the Antisocial personality
•Repress their Extroverted Feeling function, meaning they may find themselves unintentionally giving offense

http://www.celebritytypes.com/

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It concerns me that Celebrity types considers the INFP to be idiosyncratic and yet not linked with schizotypal disorder.

This is also my present view on loops, until I see sufficient evidence and/or reasoning to the contrary, and your outline seems to connect fairly well with what Celebrity Types believes:

About INTPs

•Abstract-minded systems analysts
•Strongly linked to the Schizotypal personality
•More common amongst men than amongst women
•Repress their Extroverted Feeling function, meaning that they may have difficulty emoting and figuring out what others need from them emotionally

About INFPs

•Idiosyncratic dreamers with strong imaginations
•Strongly linked to the Avoidant personality
•Somewhat linked to the Dependent, Histrionic and Negativistic personalities
•Repress their Extroverted Thinking function, meaning they sometimes preserve their own opinion in the face of facts and evidence to the contrary

About INTJs

•Tenacious visionaries, oriented towards action
•Strongly linked to the Narcissistic personality
•Somewhat linked to the Schizotypal personality
•Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, which means they may lose touch with factual realities and fail to adapt their opinions accordingly

About ISTJs

•Thorough and responsible administrators
•Strongly linked to the Compulsive personality
•Repress their Extroverted Intuition function, meaning they sometimes resist change and view ingenuity with skepticism

And, just because they were mentioned so much, I'm also including INFJ and ISTP:

About INFJs

•Holistic visionaries, oriented towards contemplation
•Strongly linked to the Dependent personality
•Somewhat linked to the Depressive and Narcissistic personalities
•Repress their Extroverted Sensing function, meaning they may forgo living life to its fullest

About ISTPs

•Cool, self-contained problem-solvers
•Strongly linked to the Negativistic personality
•Somewhat linked to the Antisocial personality
•Repress their Extroverted Feeling function, meaning they may find themselves unintentionally giving offense

http://www.celebritytypes.com/

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It concerns me that Celebrity types considers the INFP to be idiosyncratic and yet not linked with schizotypal disorder.

This is a good point. Perhaps it's the way in which they're using the term.

Idiosyncratic personality style may correlate with strongly individual-contingent thinking, but idiosyncratic personality traits in general just may be more floaty you could say.

That's just an argument to potentially justify it however. Otherwise, I'm very interested in this little contradiction they made.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is a good point. Perhaps it's the way in which they're using the term.

Idiosyncratic personality style may correlate with strongly individual-contingent thinking, but idiosyncratic personality traits in general just may be more floaty you could say.

That's just an argument to potentially justify it however. Otherwise, I'm very interested in this little contradiction they made.

I'm sorry you're a fan of that site, truly I am.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sorry you're a fan of that site, truly I am.

I enjoy referrencing its articles to add additional information to various questions, but that doesn't mean I except all of its articles on faith alone.

You can always question the competence of the people making any kinds of typing calls, not to mention the ones that we ourselves make.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I enjoy referrencing its articles to add additional information to various questions, but that doesn't mean I except all of its articles on faith alone.

You can always question the competence of the people making any kinds of typing calls, not to mention the ones that we ourselves make.

They give reasons, at least. The quotes are used as reasons. This stuff isn't interesting to me unless people give reasons.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They give reasons, at least. The quotes are used as reasons. This stuff isn't interesting to me unless people give reasons.

I HOPE the quotes aren't given as reasons.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What kind of reasons do you provide for typing someone? What is your methodology? The problem with just getting insights and perceptions regarding this thing, without some kind of support (even if it's just quotes), is that, while some insights might be good, and worth considering, I have no way to separate the wheat from the chaff. I can't separate bullshit insights from valuable insights.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What kind of reasons do you provide for typing someone? What is your methodology? The problem with just getting insights and perceptions regarding this thing, without some kind of support (even if it's just quotes), is that, while some insights might be good, and worth considering, I have no way to separate the wheat from the chaff. I can't separate bullshit insights from valuable insights.

Me? My personal understanding of the subject + evidence. I do get vibes, but I don't trust them.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] is onto something with tertiary Ni types. FiNi ISFP gets pretty out there, just in my own experience.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sucks to be INTP.

Why? It doesent mean that having a schizotypal personality disorder(or some of the other ones) would be common in INTPs.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sucks to be INTP.

Interpreted another way, the results suggest a more complex picture. Granted, there is statistics, but, one must be mindful of possibilities, if one is capable. I suppose you can argue that it's not scientifically correct, and you may be right, but using that data in the way you have suggested is not scientifically correct, either. It does not mean that all INTPs have, for instance, schizotypal personality disorder, merely that it is correlated with it. You could find it in other types, and find many INTPs who do not have it, essentially.

Antiosocial: ENTP
Avoidant: ISTP
Borderline: INFP
Dependent: INFP
Depressive: INTJ
Histronic: ENFP
Narcissitic: INTJ
OCD: ISTJ
Paranoid: INTP
Passive Agressive: INTP
Sadistic: ENTP
Self-Defeating: INTP
Schizoid: ISTJ
Schozotypal: INTP

Interesting. No FJs in there or even Feeling Sensors at all. Thinking Sensors get some.

Must rock to be an ESFJ.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In a battle for sanity between this comment and word salad, the salad wins.

Why? Because I actually talk about what statistical findings might actually mean? Can you expand on that statement at all?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why? It doesent mean that having a schizotypal personality disorder(or some of the other ones) would be common in INTPs.

Stop using logic and putting things into context. He's being in touch with "reality". Facts and logic have no application to "reality."

Why, you don't need to study books and learn that statistics describe tendencies, not one-to-one correspondences.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm just going to let you continue reading into my four word joke until the end of the universe, if you don't mind.

But you didn't. You gave up the game just now, unless you're engaging in passive-agressive behavior and this is actually the part that is bullshit.

Either way, the universe hasn't ended.

Enjoy a picture of some Andean livestock.

alpaca.jpg

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTPs are most likely to have a personality disorder according to that table. It's just the way it is. That said, the probabilities are all independent, so I also rank pretty highly, although my S is a saving grace.

wrt your comment, I definitely believe that your word salad makes sense in your head. You just didn't give enough concrete references to wtf you were talking about, making you an easy target for jokes, especially since we are in a thread that gives evidence that INTPs are the most likely to have a word salad disorder.

Hey, at least I didn't passive-aggressively pretend to be joking.

It does not mean that all INTPs have, for instance, schizotypal personality disorder, merely that it is correlated with it. You could find it in other types, and find many INTPs who do not have it, essentially.

What part of this needs to be more concrete? Perhaps I would be more receptive and open to clarification if you could state what it is you didn't understand. Of course, that involves admitting you didn't understand. I do spot one area in these two sentences where I could have expressed myself so clearly.

I can clarify, if that is truly what you are after.