• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most Schizotypal types

Which types are the most Schizotypal?

• Total voters

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*brandishes magic decoder ring*

Sucks to be INTP.

That correlation matrix is kind of useless because it does not take into account cognitive functions, people who are most likely to have personality disorders will likely be in dominant-tertiary loops. This means a ENFP who is in a NeTe loop might not self identify as a feeler or perceiver, they will be displaying more controlling, insensitive behavior than a NeFi ENFP who will identify more with their MBTI dichotomies(friendly, imaginative, empathetic, easygoing), they might not resemble a FP that much.

In the case of a TiSi INTP they will be more cautious, close minded, routine oriented, and out of sync with their environment, look no further than Immanuel Kant as a prime example of a TiSi INTP, he does not conform to the MBTI dichotomies, he could easily come across as INTJ or even ISTJ, they probably won't resemble a NP(open-ended and exploratory).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In the case of a TiSi INTP they will be more cautious, close minded, routine oriented, and out of sync with their environment, look no further than Immanuel Kant as a prime example of a TiSi INTP, he does not conform to the MBTI dichotomies, he could easily come across as INTJ.

Immanuel Kant had a lot of influence on philosophy. You can also be so open-minded that your brain falls out. People who are gullible are open-minded.

As for close-mindedness, I think it's possible to be too open-minded. Open-minded is kind of a bullshit buzzword anyway. No human who isn't a vegetable is truly open-minded.

Not sure why being schizoid-ish is inherently worse than being schizotypal-ish, but there seems to be a judgement there. Which is not very open-minded. :)

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Immanuel Kant had a lot of influence on philosophy. You can also be so open-minded that your brain falls out. People who are gullible are open-minded.

Tru dat.

baccheion

Antisocial: ISTP
Avoidant: INFJ
Borderline: ESFP
Dependent: ISFJ?
Depressive: ISTJ?
Histrionic: ?
Narcissistic: EN_P
OCD: ?
Paranoid: ?
Passive Agressive: IN_J
Sadistic: ?
Self-defeating: ?
Schizoid: INTP
Schizotypal: ?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That list is pretty interesting, but I got skeptical when I read that Ti-Si or Si-Ti is Schizotypal.

There's no way over-emphasis on a grounding function like Si would spring into odd magical beliefs and dazzling metaphysical systems.

As a generalization, that list might be okay, though I'm not sure I support the idea of opposite types being similar.

Si as a function can be very idiosyncratic, remember Si is not present oriented like Se is, it is only grounded in terms of consistency of built up experiential associations(similar to Ni), this can and does vary widely between individuals. Si can produce very strange personal peculiarities, like irrational phobias, as an INTP I notice strange Si quirks in myself, when I was a little kid I was scared of Y shaped weeds of all things and I have always had a thing of NOT eating behind other people when their saliva has touched the food. When combined with inferior Ne it can be extremely paranoid, imaging all kinds of ridiculous worst case scenarios and treating them as probable, Si without Je can easily become deluded.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Si as a function can be very idiosyncratic, remember Si is not present oriented like Se is, it is only grounded in terms of consistency of built up experiential associations(similar to Ni), this can and does vary widely between individuals. Si can produce very strange personal peculiarities, like irrational phobias, as an INTP I notice strange Si quirks in myself, when I was a little kid I was scared of Y shaped weeds of all things and I have always had a thing of NOT eating behind other people when their saliva has touched the food. When combined with inferior Ne it can be extremely paranoid, imaging all kinds of ridiculous worst case scenarios and treating them as probable, Si without Je can easily become deluded.

Schizotypal I thought is more about having your own independent worldviews and systems of spirituality. What you described here seems to be more along the lines of excessive vigilance.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't even see the need for a system of spirituality.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTPs are most likely to have a personality disorder according to that table. It's just the way it is. That said, the probabilities are all independent, so I also rank pretty highly, although my S is a saving grace.

wrt your comment, I definitely believe that your word salad makes sense in your head. You just didn't give enough concrete references to wtf you were talking about, making you an easy target for jokes, especially since we are in a thread that gives evidence that INTPs are the most likely to have a word salad disorder.

You are reading it wrong. It doesent say that INTPs are most likely to have a personality disorder, it says that people who test as schizotypal, also tend to test for all I, N, T and P.

Also it doesent say that S types wouldnt have personality disorders, it says that some personality disorders are as common with N as they are with S(those that doesent show correlation to either).

It was my mistake tho, i shouldnt post stuff like that assuming that people would understand what it says without me explaining it all..

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
These are not different. If it makes you feel better I don't mind if you say it that way.

They took loads of university students, gave them MBTI and some personality disorder inventory and looked at introversion/extraversion of each person with some personality disorder, then looked at rest of the dichtomies N/S, F/T and J/P. If for example there were many more introverts than extraverts among schizotypals, they marked it with I = **(p > .01) and if there was some more, but not so much that it was statistically significant they marked it with *(p > .05). So it says that schizotypals often test for I, N, T and P(which isnt their best fit type http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYp2xp4GR7I but just something they scored as without any verification of type) more often than, and doesent say anything about how often INTPs test as schizotypals.

When it comes to your S, according to this table I, S, T and P can be seen in Avoidant, Dependent, Depressive, Paranoid, Sadistic and Schizoid personality disorders.