• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I the only male INFJ on the forum right now?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I got to say I don't believe you're accurately typed. You vibe to me very NTP to me.

Ni Fe/Te isn't so much about strange interests as more it's about how you approach and view things.

That being said I think you just made a case for Ne/Ti right there lol

Although rep as you please

Well, MBTI is itself a strange interest, and I do mean more in the philosophical way I tend to approach things...

Ne/Ti is interesting, though common (as a typing for me). I tend to get typed INFJ or NTP. What makes you think Ne/Ti for me?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, MBTI is itself a strange interest, and I do mean more in the philosophical way I tend to approach things...

Ne/Ti is interesting, though common (as a typing for me). I tend to get typed INFJ or NTP. What makes you think Ne/Ti for me?

Well your previous quote for starters. Your picture at MPT vibes very NTP. You seem more open ended about things and go into a variety of subjects (Ne). You seem more philosophical (Ti)

Although people have got to stop over focusing on Ni's closure. Ni is perception and not judging. It can be wrong sometimes and it can be right. Sometimes multiple perspectives do happen but it's more reductionists than Ne.

Anyway back to you. The threads you've done reflect Ti Ne. You also like to soft troll (Ti) and I've never really thought of you as someone with strong feeling. You seemed more detached and objective (even though it's not in a Te way)

And you don't tend to be serious as much. Obviously this isn't comprehensive. But this will do for now

Don't worry I know the rarity of it all is alluring but in the end we all desire most to that of our true nature. It is so because using our shadow functions don't really give us that fulfillment.

Like an ISFJ mistaking that he or she is an INFJ. They may think they're so incredibly caring or touching in a way that is special or they might have used past experience to guess how one thing might lead to another and say yep that is Ni. Yet are highly unaware of unconscious ideas happening in them and see the future as something to always meticulously prepare for, and cannot understand spontaneously created realities. It's like "um what?" is it real or is it not? The whole literal life possibility eternal concept is like... um you're thinking way too hard bro life is not that serious ok you need to take a chill pill and just focus what's in front of you.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Well your previous quote for starters. Your picture at MPT vibes very NTP. You seem more open ended about things and go into a variety of subjects (Ne). You seem more philosophical (Ti)

Although people have got to stop over focusing on Ni's closure. Ni is perception and not judging. It can be wrong sometimes and it can be right. Sometimes multiple perspectives do happen but it's more reductionists than Ne.

Anyway back to you. The threads you've done reflect Ti Ne. You also like to soft troll (Ti) and I've never really thought of you as someone with strong feeling. You seemed more detached and objective (even though it's not in a Te way)

And you don't tend to be serious as much. Obviously this isn't comprehensive. But this will do for now

Don't worry I know the rarity of it all is alluring but in the end we all desire most to that of our true nature.

Ok I'll definitely give points to the bit about me not tending to be serious. I didn't know philosophy was Ti though? If so I'll definitely have to reconsider Ti.

Would FiNe make any sense for me or just nah?

It's just that I tend to score either middle on the T/F axis or as F when I take a test for MBTI, and I identify as an F type. I do get emotional, but I agree that I tend to be somewhat detached.

I guess I just thought my philosophical way of looking at subjects was an Ni way to go about it. :shrug:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok I'll definitely give points to the bit about me not tending to be serious. I didn't know philosophy was Ti though? If so I'll definitely have to reconsider Ti.

Would FiNe make any sense for me or just nah?

It's just that I tend to score either middle on the T/F axis or as F when I take a test for MBTI, and I identify as an F type. I do get emotional, but I agree that I tend to be somewhat detached.

I guess I just thought my philosophical way of looking at subjects was an Ni way to go about it. :shrug:

ENTP's often have that issue of being borderline on T and F. Philosophy as a whole is not necessarily a Ti owned thing but more of that Ti users prefer pure logic in a way of theorizing whereas Te is more focused on theory + application and methodology which the scientific method is very preferable.

Any type can be philosophical however the way they approach philosophy ironically can be very telling of someone's type.

Heidegger as an ISTJ approached philosophy in such a sensory way that it was astounding how he was very focused on the substance of reality.

Where as William James wanted more of philosophy for practical reasons. Same as how Aristotle approached philosophy to be more applicable and used to understand the earth and more approachable matters than his mentor Plato did.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ENTP's often have that issue of being borderline on T and F. Philosophy as a whole is not necessarily a Ti owned thing but more of that Ti users prefer pure logic in a way of theorizing whereas Te is more focused on theory + application and methodology which the scientific method is very preferable.

Any type can be philosophical however the way they approach philosophy ironically can be very telling of someone's type.

Heidegger as an ISTJ approached philosophy in such a sensory way that it was astounding how he was very focused on the substance of reality.

Where as William James wanted more of philosophy for practical reasons. Same as how Aristotle approached philosophy to be more applicable and used to understand the earth and more approachable matters than his mentor Plato did.

Well, I'm definitely an introvert, so ENTP is out of the question.

I philosophise by trying to tie things back to as abstract a root as possible, to the point that if I had a good symbol, I could probably express my philosophical attitude in a single symbol.

edit: and right now I'm going to symbolise my philosophies as a flower.

Under the earth is the external world, the roots, which all come back to the same point which is the individual experience. There is a light to which we grow towards, and in time, through faith in this light, comes the time of harvest, which is the blooming of the flower - a time of joy and newfound life.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ti users are so much in fact particular about Truth more than others. Combine that with intuition comes for a highly obsessive type.
Te users are rational too but more concerned of things getting started and running where as Ti wants to work out the kinks that the Te user came up.

Calculus still needed refinement even though Newton and Leibniz came up with it.

Fi eludes me in a way of independent morality. I can't understand it because pretty much politics is so party like that lots of Fi users are on either side and some Fi values are very similar if not the same to cultural values of what Fe is made out to be.

Do not hurt anyone. Ok makes sense that's western culture.
Do not lie. Do not betray. Ok even Christian values reflect that.

Although some Fi users have an obsession of purity whether it be so clean of morality or sexual purity. I'm not one so I can't be the author of that but it's a trend I see in some.

Tell me Fi doms, what makes your morality all that individualistic?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

I like and respect Forever but I think they have some serious hang up about other people's MBTI.
They told me I wasn't the type I said when I first joined-after my first post, knew fuck all about me. Then they did the same to my husband they've never met before.
So, ya know, take it with a grain of salt.

Unless I feel like someone really knows me and has zero biased- which is rare because most who have no biased don't care enough to say anything- I don't let anyone tell me who I am. This is the internet; a very poor place to get a grasp someone's true inner workings.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I like and respect Forever but I think they have some serious hang up about other people's MBTI.
They told me I wasn't the type I said when I first joined-after my first post, knew fuck all about me. Then they did the same to my husband they've never met before.

Unless I feel like someone really knows me and has zero biased- which if rare because most who have no biased will not say anything because they don't care- I don't let anyone tell me who I am. This is the internet; a very poor place to get a grasp someone's true inner workings.

I like to hear others' opinions on my type, so it's all good.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, I'm definitely an introvert, so ENTP is out of the question.

I philosophise by trying to tie things back to as abstract a root as possible, to the point that if I had a good symbol, I could probably express my philosophical attitude in a single symbol.

edit: and right now I'm going to symbolise my philosophies as a flower.

Under the earth is the external world, the roots, which all come back to the same point which is the individual experience. There is a light to which we grow towards, and in time, through faith in this light, comes the time of harvest, which is the blooming of the flower - a time of joy and newfound life.

I've said this before but I tend to look for patterns out of posting of your entirety. The way you react, come up with things. You can go and convince me how much you can relate to Ni and understand it as conceptually. But using it naturally is another matter.

I don't want to make it seem I want to be the boss of you but my opinion still stands and you have a right to accept or deny it.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Ti users are so much in fact particular about Truth more than others. Combine that with intuition comes for a highly obsessive type.
Te users are rational too but more concerned of things getting started and running where as Ti wants to work out the kinks that the Te user came up.

Calculus still needed refinement even though Newton and Leibniz came up with it.

Fi eludes me in a way of independent morality. I can't understand it because pretty much politics is so party like that lots of Fi users are on either side and some Fi values are very similar if not the same to cultural values of what Fe is made out to be.

Do not hurt anyone. Ok makes sense that's western culture.
Do not lie. Do not betray. Ok even Christian values reflect that.

Although some Fi users have an obsession of purity whether it be so clean of morality or sexual purity. I'm not one so I can't be the author of that but it's a trend I see in some.

Tell me Fi doms, what makes your morality all that individualistic?

I didn't know of the link between Fi and purity-based morality. Interesting if true.

I think Fi doms' morality is more individualistic because they tend to go more by if they like or dislike something, as opposed to a good-for-everyone type thing.

I've said this before but I tend to look for patterns out of posting of your entirety. The way you react, come up with things. You can go and convince me how much you can relate to Ni and understand it as conceptually. But using it naturally is another matter.

I don't want to make it seem I want to be the boss of you but my opinion still stands and you have a right to accept or deny it.

Well I'm not gonna say your opinion is true or false, but it's reason for me to question my previous assumptions about myself and typology a bit more.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Unless I feel like someone really knows me and has zero biased- which is rare because most who have no biased don't care enough to say anything- I don't let anyone tell me who I am. This is the internet; a very poor place to get a grasp someone's true inner workings.

Don't worry Yuu. I understand I give a proud and perhaps even arrogant way of sharing my opinion. It may sound rather forceful of me to say it. Although type is an abstraction of cognitive processes. I think people mistaken that if I know their type, I know them entirely. This is not true.

While I may understand how you might go about particular things, I obviously can't control you and you can think whatever you please, I am not the mind police after all.

I'm the kind of person who has read different mbti profiles cognitive functions, watched endless videos on theory alone and even read tiny fine print from Typology obsessed INTPs. I compared hundreds and even bought books from many mbti authors. Read straight from the ol man Carl Jung himself and I did this daily. Now I understand it conceptually and I've practiced typing others for a while and I still do so in my head. Some people get their type right and others don't? Is it the end of the world if they're not typed right? Nope. Some people don't even need to know their type to live a fulfilling life.

I myself enjoy the crap out of it.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't know of the link between Fi and purity-based morality. Interesting if true.

I think Fi doms' morality is more individualistic because they tend to go more by if they like or dislike something, as opposed to a good-for-everyone type thing.

Well I'm not gonna say your opinion is true or false, but it's reason for me to question my previous assumptions about myself and typology a bit more.

I'm not finding any Fi types disagreeing and agreeing which race is better for them and having moral differences on their treatment here. Lol or people saying bullying is acceptable because it's ok to do it whenever they feel like it.

Lack of social manners isn't an Fi value itself. It's just a lack of awareness or refusal of Fe living. Which an Fe user can obviously ignore within themselves.

I understand the whole depth over breadth thing but the universal subjective value system doesn't make sense unless every Fi user is a closet hardcore racist or purist. Which I don't think is true.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, INFJ male is one of the two rarest type/gender combinations. Along with INTJ female. Or so I've heard, anyway.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, INFJ male is one of the two rarest type/gender combinations. Along with INTJ female. Or so I've heard, anyway.

In my personal experience I have found it very difficult in locating another INFJ of either gender. Or NTJ females. I'm also particularly interested in seeing more INTP females. But they are hard to come by.

It's very much a socially conditioned way of seeing so many women prefer feeling over thinking. Regardless if that is their actual preference or not.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my personal experience I have found it very difficult in locating another INFJ of either gender. Or NTJ females. I'm also particularly interested in seeing more INTP females. But they are hard to come by.

It's very much a socially conditioned way of seeing so many women prefer feeling over thinking. Regardless if that is their actual preference or not.

You must not have ever hung out with the socially awkward crowd :p I've known 4 INFJs, a female INTP, and a female INTJ. All of them had previously taken the test themselves, and fit their type descriptions perfectly. Especially the INTP.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You must not have ever hung out with the socially awkward crowd :p I've known 4 INFJs, a female INTP, and a female INTJ. All of them had previously taken the test themselves, and fit their type descriptions perfectly. Especially the INTP.

Haha feeling other people's feelings for the longest time made me terrible at understanding myself at times. Perhaps there are more around me that I cannot see very well. I'm sure I passed by one but to recognize one is another matter.

What probably makes an NJ difficult to uncover is that academia is a very ennea 6 way of learning. Format and structure, cite and source. I've seen little difference of opinions. I often give different perspectives and sometimes to the annoyance of my teacher because I seem to be extrapolating or guessing on little data which is bad bad for education lol also makes me hate multiple choice tests but love free response. Everyone who doesn't abide by the standards or principles of teaching is either regarded as dumb or obnoxious in an unsaid way. Making those who are iconoclastic or individualistic hide in silence only making you guess by what clothes they wear if conversation doesn't take place seriously. I tend to outdress most people though haha. Which I kind of wish more people would stop wearing plain clothes and start expressing themselves more but not everyone cares about that which isn't a biggie but whatever. (And of course not all 6's are academic focused either)

Well fortunate for you to meet that many.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I'm not finding any Fi types disagreeing and agreeing which race is better for them and having moral differences on their treatment here. Lol or people saying bullying is acceptable because it's ok to do it whenever they feel like it.

Lack of social manners isn't an Fi value itself. It's just a lack of awareness or refusal of Fe living. Which an Fe user can obviously ignore within themselves.

I understand the whole depth over breadth thing but the universal subjective value system doesn't make sense unless every Fi user is a closet hardcore racist or purist. Which I don't think is true.

It's good to be passionate about something.

I think a lot of the MBTI enthusiasts-even yourself-get really stuck on stereotypes thiugh.

I get very tired of the " You aren't an ENTJ you don't pick fights over every stupid thing said on the internet!" Or " You're too adaptable"

It's called growing the hell up. We should all want to strengthen our weaknesses but MBTI leaves no room for growth. We call that "your typed wrong.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I got to say I don't believe you're accurately typed. You vibe to me very NTP to me.

Ni Fe/Te isn't so much about strange interests as more it's about how you approach and view things.

That being said I think you just made a case for Ne/Ti right there lol

Although rep as you please

Well, you'll be glad (maybe :p ) to know that I've just about accepted that I am in fact an NTP.

There's still some issues to sort out, but I think I may be an ENTP who has clutched onto the introvert label, but is actually a shy extrovert, and given that I am an extrovert, ENTP would be my first guess (and the only extrovert type that makes sense for me, methinks). (so I just turn the i in Ni into an e, toggle with the Ti/Fe a bit and voila! INFJ is now ENTP :p )

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, you'll be glad (maybe :p ) to know that I've just about accepted that I am in fact an NTP.

There's still some issues to sort out, but I think I may be an ENTP who has clutched onto the introvert label, but is actually a shy extrovert, and given that I am an extrovert, ENTP would be my first guess (and the only extrovert type that makes sense for me, methinks). (so I just turn the i in Ni into an e, toggle with the Ti/Fe a bit and voila! INFJ is now ENTP :p )

What do u mean :puppy_dog_eyes: It's ok. Safe travels. Really it's quite boring to show off Ni, Ne is way more fun

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
What do u mean :puppy_dog_eyes: It's ok. Safe travels. Really it's quite boring to show off Ni, Ne is way more fun

I don't mean anything by it in particular, I've just been having several people say they think I'm ENTP, and I compared myself to some NTPs and I can see the similarities.

It's just strange thinking I may be an extrovert after all.

(though I get the feeling you may be picking up on my negative emotions about something totally unrelated)