• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best Type for Generating Ideas

Which type is best at generating ideas?

• Total voters

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ne doms. Because the poll is one choice only, i cant vote :/

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, so Ne's are best at generating more ideas that are better connected to other contexts, whereas Ni's are better at developing their own inner visions and can hyper-focus those thoughts. Ne pretty much sounds like a web, and Ni more like an illumination.

*Question for everyone: how would Ni and Ne play out for those who have them auxilary rather than dominant (INP, ENJ); would they be better or worse at generating ideas than the N-doms?

Ne is somewhat related to the real world, Ni is simply delusional with no real connections to the actual world we live in(less so in INFJs than INTJs because INFJs use Ti to analyze the ideas, while INTJs just take one bit of Te info and make conclusions about that till there is no T left in the thought process).

I think Ne aux does limit the amount of ideas produced, but also increases the time used to analyze the idea.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think there's anything inherently more complex about Ni than Ne. They're just the two ways that intuition can be utilized. More original... perhaps. They're very individualized.

N-auxs use Ne/Ni data to help with coming to conclusions about whatever it is. The N-doms use aux-J to structure their perceptions.

N-doms would be better at idea generation because that's their default state - to simply perceive rather than to judge. I think for N-doms, their intuition is an end in itself, whereas for the aux-Ns, it's a means to draw conclusions from.

yeah...it's crazy how much i've experienced the truth of this.

i think ne doms could make a lot of people very wealthy if they were handed jobs that just consisted of them sitting in rooms coming up with ideas all day long.

i really really want that job...just some company needs to hire me that has a bunch of different divisions and they can just come in give me coffee and tell me what they need. in like one or two words and let me get back to them with like 10 sort of half thought out ideas....then let me run away with one or two that they narrow it down to...that would be so fun for me...

but...rex is right that it really depends on the direction of the project...or what the need is...i can think of lots of ways esfjs would contribute to the process that i would fail at...and intjs...or estps or infj etc etc

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
No one has taken the throne from ESTP yet. All I hear is fart noises.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
What?

All right, Nerf Guy, [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] I have more ideas that a crocodile has teeth and the scary part is that I carry most of them through, well, not the illegal ones. I did come up with an idea for making apple moonshine but decided it wasn't worth the risk, at least not presently.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
What?

All right, Nerf Guy, [MENTION=10984]DJ Arendee[/MENTION] I have more ideas that a crocodile has teeth and the scary part is that I carry most of them through, well, not the illegal ones. I did come up with an idea for making apple moonshine but decided it wasn't worth the risk, at least not presently.

Do you even have a type? let alone any friends? does anyone like you? Do you matter? :harhar:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Do you even have a type? let alone any friends? does anyone like you? Do you matter? :harhar:

Who me? Nope. No type. It has been debated whether or not I was human, mostly by my parents.

Friends?

Aw, who needs them? I'm entertaining all by myself, but they keep following me around anyway. [does it count if they have four legs and tongues that won't stay in their mouths?] I would say it was my wonderful personality, but it's probably the roast beef in my purse.

Is this a challenge? I LOVE a challenge. I grin like the Joker when I get a challenge! [does the Joker have a type? Does he matter?]

Do I matter? Only when you're a passenger in the backseat of my car and then I'm pretty important.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What?

Apple moonshine?! So cool!

And I just want to applaud you on carrying through most of your ideas! Completely impressive. I carry out like 1% of mine, and envy people who do more.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Apple moonshine?! So cool!

And I just want to applaud you on carrying through most of your ideas! Completely impressive. I carry out like 1% of mine, and envy people who do more.

Well, I don't carry through with all of them; that' s probably a good thing. But thank you.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ne doms. I accidentally voted ENTJ when I intended to vote ENTP. :D

MacabreCharade

All types are equally effective at generating ideas for the respective settings they're usually more proficient at.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I voted for my own type, just because. :D

G

garbage

What about creating an environment for collaborative idea generation? I've known some great facilitators, who have eased communication between individuals, coordinated the whiteboard, and so on.

/has opened the "idea generation" door way too broadly to include way too many people

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An Ne dom and a JiSe user together. We complete each other's ideas. *fist bump*