• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best Type for Generating Ideas

Which type is best at generating ideas?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
JOURNEY IN BEING NEW WORLD

The Journey is an exploration of being, especially of its nature, depth, variety, and possibilities. The ways of exploration are in ideas and in realization – and in interaction among ideas and realization. Realization includes transformation of all modes of identity with emphasis on individual and physical identity. The journey is an exploration of individual (human) possibility, of the possibilities of all being and of relationships and identities among individual and all being

The foundation is a system of ideas but is not intended to be an independently standing foundation for the journey. Instead, it may be seen as whatever foundation has arisen so far – development of the foundation has been part of the journey. Still, it has been possible to develop a foundation in ideas and concepts far beyond original hopes and dreams. The foundation is –and will be shown to be– an ultimate realization in ideas. The possibility and necessity of an ultimate realization in being is secured by the foundation. The foundation also develops reasonable approaches to the realization of the ultimate; however, it has not so far certainly shown how that ultimate may be realized. The journey in realization remains in process and what has been realized of the ultimate ambition is described in the second division ‘Journey in Being.’ It remains to be seen whether some future version of this narrative will tell of an ultimate in realization in being and identity and whether some fundamental new idea or exercise is productive of or necessary to that end

Consider the following forms. (1) A shorter version that emphasizes what is essential – options include a version aimed at general readers that omits technical details and formal version that presents the technical aspects succinctly. (2) An example of formal presentation might be the form of ‘axiom or given, theorem and proof’ somewhat in the manner of Spinoza’s ethics. (3) Artistic and perhaps non-linear forms of novel, dialog, poem (with or without meter,) and drama (and film.) These versions might explore biographical and autobiographical elements, real and dramatized, that contrast success and failure and that show origin and developments of ideas and their translation into action. (4) Personal versus impersonal narrative. Mixed form and selection of form according to narrative phase

They held two ambitions for the future

The first ambition is a continuation of the path so far
This will include criticism and improvements of the ideas and foundation – the Theory of Being and related developments. It would emphasize transformation, inviting others to share in the process, and ‘application’ (social; and, perhaps, a development of ideas or theory and practice in manifestation of life and intelligent beings)

Although they had thought, ‘transformation will be the final way,’ they felt something further, perhaps an admission of finitude (if only in this form,) perhaps an expression of the infinite in the finite

A second ambition and hope is for the experience of a time of Being over becoming, of perception over thought
Experience, perhaps, of the infinite in the finite, of this world

An individual journey in ideas whose original ambition was adventure in knowing evolved into a Journey in Being – with definite goals in the transformation, not just in ideas, but also of being

These goals, originally more hope than goal, were transformed into definite form by the fortuitous development of an ultimate metaphysics

The metaphysics and its ideational consequences are developed and elaborated in the first division of the narrative

The concept of ‘Journey in Being’ is distinguished from traditional metaphysics in a number of ways. (1) In its aspect of depth, metaphysics can no longer be regarded as tentative. (2) The goal of thought is not the result of thought in thought but in being and action. (3) Since the metaphysics is ultimate, an ultimate possibility in being is revealed. (4) The second division of the narrative also named ‘Journey in Being’ is concerned with realization of these ultimate possibilities and describes the realization which remains in process

In the narrative it is asserted and shown that the ideas herein reach an explicit ultimate in depth in understanding and an implicit ultimate in breadth or variety in being and kinds of being. The reference to other significant persons from the history of ideas is made to show continuity and discontinuity with the tradition. While deriving some inspiration from the traditions, the arguments seek and arrive at independent foundation. The central arguments have inspiration in intuition and imagination and foundation in logic or reason. Those specialized arguments or conclusions that are probable or intuitive are labeled as such. It is shown that in the goal of transformation –whether ultimate or in the present– there can be no precise and rigorously determined path. Instead the path is best determined by good argument and experiment.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does anyone have any ideas?

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't read large paragraphs without an intro question to get me hooked.

I'm gonna put ESTP because I'm awesome.

ok I'll justify myself with more opinion.

All the best video games. All the best board games. This also translates into the business world. ESTP

Although ISTP's created skyrim. So they get a point.

INTP's get a point for making limbo, that game rules.

ENTP's somehow manage to survive off of their ideas so they get a point.

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you mean good ideas, or the most ideas?

I

Infinite Bubble

Ne-doms, stereotypically.

I'll say ENTP, because

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you mean good ideas, or the most ideas?

Ideally, it should be an integration of both, but perhaps more so the first.

Still, the more you generate, the better the progress. Of course, good progress also comes with good ideas.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ne-doms, stereotypically.

I'll say ENTP, because

I dunno, I think maybe Ni would be a little better at original ideas. Ne is great at taking something already there and like playing on that, but since it's extroverted, it kind of depends on that outside stimulus. Ni from what I understand, is a little more independent and can go on undisrupted for longer without switching to a new thought. This results in more complex and more original ideas. Ne is totally awesome too, of course :wink:

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno, I think maybe Ni would be a little better at original ideas. Ne is great at taking something already there and like playing on that, but since it's extroverted, it kind of depends on that outside stimulus. Ni from what I understand, is a little more indepent and can go on I disrupted for longer without switching to a new thought. This results in more complex and more original ideas. Ne is totally awesome too, of course :wink:

Okay, so Ne's are best at generating more ideas that are better connected to other contexts, whereas Ni's are better at developing their own inner visions and can hyper-focus those thoughts. Ne pretty much sounds like a web, and Ni more like an illumination.

*Question for everyone: how would Ni and Ne play out for those who have them auxilary rather than dominant (INP, ENJ); would they be better or worse at generating ideas than the N-doms?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is no one gonna comment on the OP?

Anyways. Not to sound too kumbaya or whatever, but I think that each type possesses its own distinctive kind of genius. It's hard for me to go for the knee jerk response that Ne-doms are the best for generating ideas, because while they're well-suited to innovation they really don't have much to say in the way of logistics. I think practical ideas are of great value. It's why the ISTPs ingenious approach to the physical world is so fascinating to me. It's all inspiration. It's all worthy.

Anyways. My point is that I don't want the discussion to be limited to just one kind of ideas or approach to thinking.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is no one gonna comment on the OP?

Anyways. Not to sound too kumbaya or whatever, but I think that each type possesses its own distinctive kind of genius. It's hard for me to go for the knee jerk response that Ne-doms are the best for generating ideas, because while they're well-suited to innovation they really don't have much to say in the way of logistics. I think practical ideas are of great value. It's why the ISTPs ingenious approach to the physical world is so fascinating to me. It's all inspiration. It's all worthy.

Anyways. My point is that I don't want the discussion to be limited to just one kind of ideas or approach to thinking.

For sure. Glad you brought this in early on in the thread. Kumbaya, sister lol.

G

garbage

To synthesize what's already been said..

Open-ended or problem/domain-specific? On-point or musing? Pragmatic or abstract? Purposeful or not? Degree of 'filtering'?

I

Infinite Bubble

I dunno, I think maybe Ni would be a little better at original ideas. Ne is great at taking something already there and like playing on that, but since it's extroverted, it kind of depends on that outside stimulus. Ni from what I understand, is a little more independent and can go on undisrupted for longer without switching to a new thought. This results in more complex and more original ideas. Ne is totally awesome too, of course :wink:

I don't think there's anything inherently more complex about Ni than Ne. They're just the two ways that intuition can be utilized. More original... perhaps. They're very individualized.

*Question for everyone: how would Ni and Ne play out for those who have them auxilary rather than dominant (INP, ENJ); would they be better or worse at generating ideas than the N-doms?

N-auxs use Ne/Ni data to help with coming to conclusions about whatever it is. The N-doms use aux-J to structure their perceptions.

N-doms would be better at idea generation because that's their default state - to simply perceive rather than to judge. I think for N-doms, their intuition is an end in itself, whereas for the aux-Ns, it's a means to draw conclusions from.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To synthesize what's already been said..

Open-ended or problem/domain-specific? On-point or musing? Pragmatic or abstract? Purposeful or not? Degree of 'filtering'?

I guess it could be any of those things. I'm basically wondering which types in general will come up with these new alternatives, in any field.

Animal

So carnal it's spiritual
MBTI Type
SeFi
Enneagram
I voted for my own type ENFP because I've never been bored in my life and I cannot even imagine running out of ideas.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I have to say, I'm pretty fucking good at this, and the ideas I have are usually not wild and crazy but far-reaching and sensical, but still creative. Thus I voted ENTJ.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If it comes to quantity of ideas and quickness, probably a ENP, if it comes to originality and depth, then most of the introvert types are fair game, yes even Si dominants can be very creative and original in their perceptual associations, Jung described them as being like artists.