• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is INTJ overrepresented here, or are people getting it wrong?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about the ENTP's? There's hardly any of them on this site. Let's see, there's me, [MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION], and [MENTION=18694]Magic Qwan[/MENTION] (he just doesn't know it yet, but he's also ENTP), and that's about it.

Do you feel genuine hurt when there is suffering around you?
That is an Fi thing…

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Do you feel genuine hurt when there is suffering around you?
That is an Fi thing…

Bullshit. That is an Fe thing. Fe is more focused on the outside world, and Fi is more focused internally.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
No, really, I don't.

I've seen enough ENFPs and ESFPs be sincerely and extremely distressed over others' pain to know better.

Yeah, but ENFP's are more concerned with their feelings than with other's feelings?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Yeah, but ENFP's are more concerned with their feelings than with other's feelings?

The question was "Do you feel genuine hurt when there is suffering around you?"

I would say the answer is "absolutely, yes!" for both ENFPs and ESFPs on a very high frequency of occasions.

And it's true of people of all types on plenty of occasions as well.

Hence, it's not an Fi vs Fe thing -- or even a functional thing.

Any human being can feel genuine hurt when others around them are suffering.

I'm a fucking INTJ, and for all the talk about how robotic and heartless we are, believe it or not, I feel that shit too.

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
Fe and Fi would only really communicate how one reacts to feelings of pain, empathy ect ect. Neither are empathy nor sympathy. IMO trying to attach concrete things to libido orientations seems to be a tad silly. Like saying that Ti is the truth seeking function and Ne is the randomness function.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe and Fi would only really communicate how one reacts to feelings of pain, empathy ect ect. Neither are empathy nor sympathy. IMO trying to attach concrete things to libido orientations seems to be a tad silly. Like saying that Ti is the truth seeking function and Ne is the randomness function.

Hmm…
So even ExTJ has a soul?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

I would say the answer is "absolutely, yes!" for both ENFPs and ESFPs on a very high frequency of occasions.

I'm a fucking INTJ, and for all the talk about how robotic and heartless we are, believe it or not, I feel that shit too.

I guess the bolded is true, but I don't know about thinking doms. I believe it is generally the feelers that are more concerned when people are suffering.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

It definitely appears that the feeling functions have the most to do with this. What about thinking doms then? How would this work for them?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I guess the bolded is true, but I don't know about thinking doms. I believe it is generally the feelers that are more concerned when people are suffering.

I just read that you once worked at a crab restaurant and couldn't stand the screaming crabs. Wouldn't that make you a feeler since most thinkers wouldn't care about a crab being in pain?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I just read that you once worked at a crab restaurant and couldn't stand the screaming crabs. Wouldn't that make you a feeler since most thinkers wouldn't care about a crab being in pain?

No because Fe can do that too. In fact, if you ever look at any page on Ti<Fe morality, the Ti users tend to think that things are bad if they hurt people. Fi<Te tends to think that things are bad or immoral based on whether they are congruent with their personal belief systems and core values.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No because Fe can do that too. In fact, if you ever look at any page on Ti<Fe morality, the Ti users tend to think that things are bad if they hurt people. Fi<Te tends to think that things are bad or immoral based on whether they are congruent with their personal belief systems and core values.

Things ARE wrong if they hurt people...
It is the main indicator of right or wrong for me, with happiness being a tie breaker for multiple neutral options...

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

We're concerned with the suffering of others. We can just turn it off when needed. :shrug: