• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fi is awkward too!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just realized something. It's not just Ti that causes awkwardness, it's Fi too. It just does it in a different way.

Fi has a way of just putting things out there, and hoping that just because things are put out there, things will get resolved, and the more sharing of feelings or thoughts is enough to solve something. (At least, that's the way it seems to me).

This can be really awkward, because sometimes people have really good reasons for not sharing things. Especially if someone is uncomfortable on a date.

That is really awkward. I guess they aren't kidding when they've told me that they are uncomfortable in social situations. I can totally see know how they could be.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ha yeah...it's awkward. did you just have an awkward date with a fi user?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think Fi would be less awkward in places in which autumn and winter were the dominant seasons, because Fi/Ti have that flavor to them and those seasons would make Fi/Ti doms/auxies less unfamiliar to the towns and cities in which everyone's actions would require more critical thinking, value-discrimination, and inner harmony.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think Fi would be less awkward in places in which autumn and winter were the dominant seasons, because Fi/Ti have that flavor to them and those seasons would make Fi/Ti doms/auxies less unfamiliar to the towns and cities in which everyone's actions would require more critical thinking, value-discrimination, and inner harmony.

ha you do do you? it would help if there were music on the streets also...that would make everything make more sense.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I like this!

A million + to [MENTION=5418]Lady X[/MENTION] idea (sez the woman who dances in the grocery store isle).

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ha yeah...it's awkward. did you just have an awkward date with a fi user?

Yes, maybe the most awkward date of my life. And that's saying quite a lot. And upon reflection, only part of that was due to me.

It happens.

I now have more empathy for Fi people than I did, at least.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, maybe the most awkward date of my life. And that's saying quite a lot.

aww man...i'm sorry. what was her type do you think? just curious.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think she was an INFP, not an ENFP.

and not isfp? is fi/ne more awkward than fi/se i wonder?

so...it was bad then? no second date?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Rofl. Yeah, Fi is awkward sometimes.

"You know, you have a really beautiful heart of gold"

OH this is the first date

Okay I'll pretend to not exist now

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rofl. Yeah, Fi is awkward sometimes.

"You know, you have a really beautiful heart of gold"

OH this is the first date

Okay I'll pretend to not exist now

Lol! Yup.

Standuble

Hmm, this doesn't smell like Fi. Fi is more "should I tell him/her they are hot/beautiful or not? Is it what I believe?" and "Am I being myself on this date? Is acting like a fraud/someone else the right way of going about things?" Things like that

Fi using Ne usually turn out like: "will me complimenting their look turn out the way I would like it to? I wonder if they take it the wrong way and walk out I would be happier in the short/long term".

Awkward expression is more weak Je me-thinks.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
and not isfp? is fi/ne more awkward than fi/se i wonder?

so...it was bad then? no second date?

ah... no..

Basically what happened was this: I realized I wasn't interested, and because my poker face is shit, this was kind of showing up, but I was trying to have the situation be as comfortable as possible. It's not her fault I'm not interested.

It would have been ok, except for the fact that she had to go ahead and comment on it, and ask me what's wrong, because I seemed unhappy. (I don't think I've ever asked someone this on a first date, because I was never sure I liked the answer, and I'd rather deal with that after the fact than in the moment.)

This really stressed me out. How can you tell someone who is being perfectly nice and actually showing concern for you that you're just not interested? I couldn't do it, the words just wouldn't come out. Stress, guilt, anxiety, loneliness just kicked in like crazy right then and there.

It was just so blunt, so sincere, well-intentioned, but it felt really invasive, especially for a first date. Why do I have responsibility for the feelings you absorb from me? We aren't even seeing each other! After the fact, I was able to text her and reassure that it wasn't about the topics she was bringing up or her convictions or passions. It's more with the fact that I'm really a much more cynical person than I seem at first, and that we actually didn't seem very compatible.

But it did kind of bug me that I had to do that in the first place. It was a first date. Being invited to talk about stuff like this, I never feel like it resolves anything, anyway. Usually I just end up feeling more isolated and lonely.

The point is, Fi doms have a blunt sincerity to them that is admirable, but I don't think it's compatible with my needs.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ah... no..

Basically what happened was this: I realized I wasn't interested, and because my poker face is shit, this was kind of showing up, but I was trying to have the situation be as comfortable as possible. It's not her fault I'm not interested.

It would have been ok, except for the fact that she had to go ahead and comment on it, and ask me what's wrong, because I seemed unhappy. (I don't think I've ever asked someone this on a first date, because I was never sure I liked the answer, and I'd rather deal with that after the fact than in the moment.)

This really stressed me out. How can you tell someone who is being perfectly nice and actually showing concern for you that you're just not interested? I couldn't do it, the words just wouldn't come out. Stress, guilt, anxiety, loneliness just kicked in like crazy right then and there.

It was just so blunt, so sincere, well-intentioned, but it felt really invasive, especially for a first date. Why do I have responsibility for the feelings you absorb from me? We aren't even seeing each other! After the fact, I was able to text her and reassure that it wasn't about the topics she was bringing up or her convictions or passions. It's more with the fact that I'm really a much more cynical person than I seem at first, and that we actually didn't seem very compatible.

But it did kind of bug me that I had to do that in the first place. It was a first date. Being invited to talk about stuff like this, I never feel like it resolves anything, anyway. Usually I just end up feeling more isolated and lonely.

The point is, Fi doms have a blunt sincerity to them that is admirable, but I don't think it's compatible with my needs.

That's so interesting and for real yeah I would've done that too probably. Fi is like that... I always prefer just to talk about all of the real stuff... I hate stuff being known and not discussed and any weird feelings.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And I think you're right that that's not compatable with you. You really do seem like you'd prefer an nt.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hmm, this doesn't smell like Fi. Fi is more "should I tell him/her they are hot/beautiful or not? Is it what I believe?" and "Am I being myself on this date? Is acting like a fraud/someone else the right way of going about things?" Things like that

Fi using Ne usually turn out like: "will me complimenting their look turn out the way I would like it to? I wonder if they take it the wrong way and walk out I would be happier in the short/long term".

Awkward expression is more weak Je me-thinks.

Nah I don't think you're understanding what he means.