• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What traits do you envy in other Types?

S

Stansmith

I wish I had the groundedness, patience and moral-direction that comes with Fi-Si in INFPs. I envy all Introverts. I feel like I have to constantly filter a lot of Ne-Te blabber-mouthness, although it's fun to dabble in and can be quite clever and perceptive when delivered properly. I feel like there's more quality when an INFx says something; On the other hand, I want to say and do too much, and it's lead me to a lot of embarrassment in the past.

It must also be amazing to have the ability to entertain yourself with solitary activities for a lengthy period of time without questioning your sanity. Social-last must be heavenly.

JuneBugJay

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so
I've always envied the clear-thinking, logical and confident thinkers. It would be nice to not have my emotions get in the way when it comes to decision making. :rly???:

taylord

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I personally like everything to do with the INTJ's method of thinking. It's rare to find, much more rare than it seems to be found on here. It seems like everyone here is an INFP, INFJ or an INTJ.

gromit

likes this
Not giving a damn? I sometimes think I give too many damns... :cry:

Ksch88

MBTI Type
?
I really admire Fe dominant folks, because of their ability to put others at ease and draw them out. I'm always the one being drawn out and wish I could return the favor. Extroverted thinking intimidates me, but I admire it a great deal. Spontaneity and openness are qualities like to cultivate , too, which I guess come from a lot of different function combinations .

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Extraversion

Standuble

I wish I had the groundedness, patience and moral-direction that comes with Fi-Si in INFPs. I envy all Introverts. I feel like I have to constantly filter a lot of Ne-Te blabber-mouthness, although it's fun to dabble in and can be quite clever and perceptive when delivered properly. I feel like there's more quality when an INFx says something; On the other hand, I want to say and do too much, and it's lead me to a lot of embarrassment in the past.

It must also be amazing to have the ability to entertain yourself with solitary activities for a lengthy period of time without questioning your sanity. Social-last must be heavenly.

It isn't much better as an INFP. If you speak from a position of Fi people for the most part either won't understand you, won't want to listen or won't be interested. Likewise when you utilise Ne you are treated no more seriously than an ENFP is. Plus Te-inferior is a major drag. Not only does it make you repulsed by the world and having to engage in it but you can expect heaps of intellectual inferiority on your part as well as a constant sense that you are not as intelligent as you could be and that you lack that something actual intelligent people have - ENFPs and INFJs in my view are in that perceived superior group more often that not. Grass is always greener I suppose.

As for me I would vote either NTJ or INTP. Ni sounds like it's a major pain in the butt for the user but it also seems at times from my perspective to be the key to human genius - with Ne being a more palatable alternative but falling short of the mark. Of course having Te in a position where it can be used readily without exhaustion is always an attractive option. As for INTPs - Their entire world is well-crafted, detached logic which seems to grant them an alternate path to understanding and dare I say contentment which I do not think my type (or maybe F's in general) would be able to achieve. There is nothing more irksome when you feel the limits to your logical facilities in your mind and they fall short of the point you want to aim for over and over. To be able to grasp in entirety that theory which always manages to somehow slip through your fingers.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There is nothing more irksome when you feel the limits to your logical facilities in your mind and they fall short of the point you want to aim for over and over. To be able to grasp in entirety that theory which always manages to somehow slip through your fingers.

Well, I'm proud of my Ne, because usually I can grasp all of these theoretical concepts and discuss with Ts. I may not always be able to explain myself like they would want (3rd Te) but I don't care. I have also created a very bad impression of INTJs, from the few I've had the ability to talk with in this forum. I hope not all are like that (narrow-minded, rhetoric and bully)
I wish I could have Ti, it would be useful in my job. INTPs are a type I respect a lot.
I also have a lot of respect for how balanced INFJs seem, and their dominant use of Ni.
I also wanted to say I agree with [MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] about INFPs, I am a bit in awe of them. But their only "problem" imo is inferior Te, so they don't put into place the wonderful abilities that are inside them.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I sometimes envy Se dominants for their ability to be totally in the moment and not give a damn about the future. To notice the details I miss, to be good at things like sports that I suck at.

I envy Fe dominants for their social poise and grace, for their ability to know exactly what to say to whom at what time.

Those are the two dominants I probably envy the most but I have envied all 8 functions for various reasons from time to time.