• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Your Face Symmetrical or Asymmetrical?

symmetric vs. asymmetric

• Total voters
G

Glycerine

Here's the abstract for the article that the wiki page probably referenced. I was not willing to shell out $35 dollars for the article.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886905000541

hmm...i have no idea if mine is.
I would wager that you have high levels of facial symmetry. Technically. everyone is asymmetrical but the people with the least amount of noticeable asymmetries tend to be viewed as more attractive. However, symmetry, by itself, isn't an indicator of attractiveness. One can look bland without enough color contrast and/or at least one stand out feature.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Slightly assymetric here. I don't think facial symmetry is type related.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay, show me the proof. :wink:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facial_symmetry#Relationship_to_personality -

Fink, B., Neave, N., Manning, J. T., & Grammer, K. (2005). Facial symmetry and the “big-five” personality factors. Personality and Individual Differences, 39(3), 523–529.
Pound, N., Penton-Voak, I. S., & Brown, W. M. (2007). Facial symmetry is positively associated with self-reported extraversion. Personality and Individual Differences, 43(6), 1572–1582.
Fink, B., Neave, N., Manning, J. T., & Grammer, K. (2006). Facial symmetry and judgements of attractiveness, health and personality. Personality and Individual Differences, 41(3), 491–499.
D W,Bava S,Reis V A.2003. Relationship between facial asymmetry and judging trustworthiness in faces. University of California.8(3),225-232

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whenever I look at a photo of my face for too long I get really freaked out by how asymmetrical it is. I also feel like I have a good side and evil side of my face.

baccheion

Very asymmetrical. Something is wrong with the left side of my face. I don't know why, but it's like it just caved in. I have to keep my body fat % decent, or it looks really bad.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
How's a dinosaur supposed to know if his face is symmetric or asymmetric?:mellow:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A little asymmetric. One of my eyelids falls a little lower than the other, and my top and bottom middle-teeth lines don't match up exactly. I can't say I've ever noticed anything else, though :)

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's pretty symmetrical...I think...not sure. It's hard for me to tell in a mirror. Eyebrows are not quite lined up but it's very slight. I lose my symmetry when I smile because I get a serious squint in one eye.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like my face is wildly asymmetrical.

JuneBugJay

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
so
I think my face is very asymmetrical... :unsure: