• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introversion/extroversion and length of time able to spend socially isolated

How long can you spend without social contact?

• Introvert: A few hours - a day

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Introvert: A few days - a week

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Introvert: A few weeks - a month

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Introvert: Months at a time

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Extrovert: A few hours - a day

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Extrovert: A few days - a week

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Extrovert: A few weeks - a month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Extrovert: Months at a time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not sure. Sometimes I need contact with other people really bad...to bounce idea balls back and forth with (<---this is very important...if they can't "play" then it's not satisfying...and not in a damn group either...one on one is best...maybe two in a pinch). Sometimes I need to be alone...totally and completely. I get in moods where I don't think I get enough of the other and need to switch it up. Too much of either one is good way for me to go nuts. It needs be perfectly stacked layers of contact and alone time to make a perfect sandwich of interaction.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My job involves a great deal of high-energy interactions with people, so when I'm free, I literally can NOT spend enough time alone. However, when I was at University last fall, I rarely left my room. I had to teach myself that I should interact with someone at least a few times a week, even if only to share a meal in the cafeteria, or have a study session.

Anything more than that (a small gathering at a pub, a movie night with friends, etc) and I had to psyche myself up for it. I'd have my headphones on, shadowboxing, shouting positive affirmations at the top my lungs.

To answer the op more directly, I'd say the "a few weeks-month" fits me best.