• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your theory on MBTI obsession

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I first took to the MBTI system because it made it possible for me to explain myself with greater precision to my father. Well actually once he'd tested me he kinda found that things fell into place and he understood a little better, which was nice if a little overdue.

After that point I've seen him progress from a gruff and abrasive ENTJ into someone who actually negotiates people with skill and finesse. Gone are the points when people are declared as stupid, unless he truely does think they're being stupid. As for myself after resuming my interest in the MBTI, shortly after joining INTPc, I've noted that I handle things with a little more confidence. I can now dissassemble things with new tools and pose new models for consideration. It makes predictive analysis a whole lot more fun and increasingly more accurate. Not because I use the system to predict so much as I now have better, more accurately defined labels under which to group certain responses. This gives me a better background pattern to work with.

Basically looking into MBTI re wrote my intuitive matrix so that now I have clearer definitions to compare things to. I've stopped grouping certain traits together having now actually looked at people not as certainties but as accumulations of preferences.

Now, you really should submit that to BPTeditor@cox.net for the upcoming Bulletin of Psychological Type's issue on the practical impact of type.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Why are people (here, or elsewhere) so into MBTI?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjH9YsKZTp0"]Because love is child's play, once you've known MBTI obsession...[/YOUTUBE]

No but seriously, MBTI does the best job of showing how it really is "different strokes for different folks".

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
LOL at video title. And yes, I agree...with your post-video declaration.