• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP smile

lostinfj

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed a pattern in ENFP smiles?

joseph.jpg
andy2.jpg
louis.jpg
noel.gif

(Joseph Gordon-Levitt [seriously, that smile makes me giggle], Andrew McMahon of Something Corporate/Jack's Mannequin, Louis C K, and Noel Fielding; respectively)

These are people (well, famous people) whom I've been drawn to over the years. Between my own inferences and help of the internet, I've come to believe that all of these men are ENFPs. I can't help but notice this amazing, genuine almost I'm-in-the-middle-of-something-and-suddenly-I-can't-believe-how-awesome-it-is smile that's almost a smirk.

Unfortunately, I'm a lonely INFJ girl with no real ENFPs in my life. Wondering if this is something anyone else has noticed, or if I just like pretty smiles.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
According to [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] I look like an IEE and have an H-P cognition gaze. I don't know how much MBTI-wise I look like an ENFP so I'll leave that up to you/others. :D

(Also keep in mind that I'm so/sx and I think an ENFP so/sx would have a very different expression than an ENFP sp/sx)

Also FWIW, I have no idea what Joseph GL's type is but his grin totally reminds me of my INFP friend's.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to [MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION] I look like an IEE and have an H-P cognition gaze. I don't know how much MBTI-wise I look like an ENFP so I'll leave that up to you/others. :D

(Also keep in mind that I'm so/sx and I think an ENFP so/sx would have a very different expression than an ENFP sp/sx)

Also FWIW, I have no idea what Joseph GL's type is but his grin totally reminds me of my INFP friend's.
Just look in the eyes; look out for a gaze that penetrates; as if it's looking through you. They're usually focused on whatever they're looking at.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have noticed a pattern on how the smile builds up and how the eyes are expressing the smile, but i cant really see it from pictures.

Sunny Ghost

Just look in the eyes; look out for a gaze that penetrates; as if it's looking through you. They're usually focused on whatever they're looking at.

I've noticed a weird mix of eyes with ENFP's. Some seem very focused. Other ENFP's seem to have bouncy eyes. As though they really aren't here on the same plane.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Ariana+Grande+Photoshoot+01.png

(I just felt like posting some Ariana after last night. I may use this pic as my next avatar - I love ENFPs looking fierce. I'm always smiling like a goof.)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

I think the focus tends to not be so much on what the eye meets, but what the mind meets when looking at something(hence looking like they look through you).

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've noticed a weird mix of eyes with ENFP's. Some seem very focused. Other ENFP's seem to have bouncy eyes. As though they really aren't here on the same plane.

people always say that i look like a have very "lively" or intense eyes. i've heard that since my childhood. basically that i look very interested or intelligent.
the second thing is that i'm often "told off" (in a nice way) for not paying attention or bouncing a lot with my eyes. so i guess both things are true. i know that if i'm not engaged in conversation, then i'm probably looking around observing everyone and jumping from most interesting to most interesting. i have a non-judgmental thing of just looking and noticing patterns or interesting things. at the same time that i'm doing this, my mind wanders off to other things i remember, like what i read in the newspaper, to a conversation i had with a friend, to plans for the near future. my mind is always at top speed and alternating between observing the real world and going into my imagination. oh, and i don't have a lot of patience for sitting still and listening to you talk...if what you meant to say is not clear within a few seconds, then my mind just wanders off.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I smile a lot and don't really mean to. I believe that it's genuine, and I have kind if a large mouth, so whatever all that means, that's me. I'm probably most prone to the fourth image of smiles you posted.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey that's the first time I've seen Louis ck typed as enfp. That's kinda funny. I'd like to claim him but idk I thought he was intp.

I'm super smilie tho and people always say I have bright sparkly eyes. I think it's just the happy coming out probably.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey that's the first time I've seen Louis ck typed as enfp. That's kinda funny. I'd like to claim him but idk I thought he was intp.

I'm super smilie tho and people always say I have bright sparkly eyes. I think it's just the happy coming out probably.

please please change pic, i already know i'm going to slobber every time i see you posts :D

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

When you mean 'bouncy', do you mean that their eyes open up so wide as if it gives the impression of a ball, looking out for possibilities or opportunities?

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have noticed a pattern on how the smile builds up and how the eyes are expressing the smile, but i cant really see it from pictures.

I think Ariana Grande is a good example of this; she smiles with her eyes but you can tell she's looking through you, which gives her a soft, yet focused gaze.

Might want to compare her and Olivia Munn, whom I think is another ENFP. While her eyes are less 'bouncy', they're just as focused.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah but that's enfp posey smile its nothing like the real enfp smiley smile.

Sunny Ghost

[MENTION=11928]Vetani[/MENTION]

Sort of like what Pink graffiti said:

people always say that i look like a have very "lively" or intense eyes. i've heard that since my childhood. basically that i look very interested or intelligent.
the second thing is that i'm often "told off" (in a nice way) for not paying attention or bouncing a lot with my eyes. so i guess both things are true. i know that if i'm not engaged in conversation, then i'm probably looking around observing everyone and jumping from most interesting to most interesting. i have a non-judgmental thing of just looking and noticing patterns or interesting things. at the same time that i'm doing this, my mind wanders off to other things i remember, like what i read in the newspaper, to a conversation i had with a friend, to plans for the near future. my mind is always at top speed and alternating between observing the real world and going into my imagination. oh, and i don't have a lot of patience for sitting still and listening to you talk...if what you meant to say is not clear within a few seconds, then my mind just wanders off.

There are two ENFP's I know of, in particular, who had these very sort of 'bouncy' eyes. They seemed more heavily in their Ne world with far less Si to stabilize them.

I've met other ENFP's who were more grounded, too. Could be an enneagram difference. ENFP 7's vs ENFP 4's, maybe?

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
spontaneous, silly smile

D55DB47F-D4DA-40A1-81E6-E8B9265BB412-252-0000000FE51321F0_zps7b53d889.jpg

posed smile

6B54FA06-707D-4186-99CE-F95F352415A0-252-00000010E142A0F9_zpsb2109ba8.jpg

spontaneous, happy smile

E8687D58-3D1A-43B4-9463-BD8BF5B9CE62-252-00000010E7821C1E_zps610021e9.jpg

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All the ENFPs I know have very "sparkly" eyes when they smile. Their smiles always seem very genuine, too. Maybe that's why I like ENFPs so much.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, this looks a lot like me...