• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is most sensitive to personal space?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP? INFP?

I really don't know but those two seem to really value their space.

I freak the f--k out when people get to close to me.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ISTJ sister comes to mind.

+ patch

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have an ISTJ sister too,she doesnt at all like to have her space invaded, and doesnt like people touching anything that belongs to her.
My ISTJ sister comes to mind.[My INFP former girlfriend is very sensitive to her space, but its inconsistent, sometimes shes very open and friendly. If she doesnt trust someone she'll hide from them/QUOTE]Ive read that ISFPs and ISFJs are more extraverted than other Is so I dont know about them. Im INFJ (or possibly INTP) and invasions of my space is one of the few things that make me mad.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I don't like having my personal space invaded at all, and I've heard other INFJs mention this. I've never had a roommate for this reason, and I always prefer to go
over to someone else's space rather than have them
in mine.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure if it's type related, bu I'm very prickly about personal space. I'm guessing most introverts would be.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure if it's type related, bu I'm very prickly about personal space. I'm guessing most introverts would be.

I was just thinking that. I think introversion has a lot to do with it. As a pretty strong extrovert (83%), I don't even really feel the concept of personal space that often. I mean I can be made uncomfortable if someone is breaking social norms by getting all in my space, but generally with personal information, space, and property, I just feel like it's all meant to be shared and don't feel strong 'ownership' of them.

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm pretty picky about personal space when I'm in that "I need to be alone" mode. But my ISTx mother is like that too, probably moreso than I am.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFP? I'm sure it varies among person to person. :)

S

Stansmith

It's xSTPs, xSTJs, xNTJs, ExFJs, 8-fixers, 1-fixers and cp6s.

I

Infinite Bubble

Inferior Se would be sensitive to that stuff, I'm guessing. INTJ overall, due to INFJs Fe leveling it out slightly.

+ patch

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It might be inferior Se. But sometimes I wonder about inferior or tertiary Si. Maybe the cat lady syndrome?:shrug:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I was a nightmare for personal space, the reason my mum was terrified to take me to nursery was because she knew I would just attack other children who got too close for my comfort.

I've mellowed out these days somewhat, but I still need to take my leave of overly stimulating crowds.

Oddly enough I am one of those people that gets hugged and touched a lot. But I suppose I don't mind; making up for lost time maybe.

+ patch

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why ST? Actually, my ISTP cousin never comes into my room when he comes over even though it's okay because he's easy to get along with, but very boundary conscious. This might cut across individuals of all types, especially introverts.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Inferior Se would be sensitive to that stuff, I'm guessing. INTJ overall, due to INFJs Fe leveling it out slightly.
I am definitely this way myself. I can count on one hand the people whose touch I receive kindly, and require more personal space than most people. I want my things and my environment left alone also, in whatever arrangement I have made. I admit all of this is mostly reflex, probably to control (over)stimulation and also preserve privacy, which I guard very zealously. All introverts probably are this way to some extent, and inf Se may have something to do with it. I suspect there is something about the INJ combination, especially INTJ, however, that exacerbates it. We do tend to be more guarded and actively distant than other types.

I

Infinite Bubble

I am definitely this way myself. I can count on one hand the people whose touch I receive kindly, and require more personal space than most people. I want my things and my environment left alone also, in whatever arrangement I have made. I admit all of this is mostly reflex, probably to control (over)stimulation and also preserve privacy, which I guard very zealously. All introverts probably are this way to some extent, and inf Se may have something to do with it. I suspect there is something about the INJ combination, especially INTJ, however, that exacerbates it. We do tend to be more guarded and actively distant than other types.

I think it is probably a mixture of the introversion, the sensitive nature of the inferior function - in this case, Se, which would be in such as way with the immediate sensory environment - and Te, which is not typically the most human-orientated of functions. The pragmatic nature of it also might make a person want to just get on with things and not be distracted by people that would get in their way, and what is considered unnecessary.