• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Superpowers

Jug

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
sx
A couple days ago I explained cognitive functions to my [ENFP] friend. He understood MBTI but did not understand the cognitive function stackup at all.

MBTI SUPERPOWERS:
By Kyle Mecca

There are eight superpowers human beings can have.

Ne, Ni, Se, Si, Te, Ti, Fe, Fi.

[Extroverted Intuition, Introverted Intuition, Extroverted Sensing, Introverted Sensing, Extroverted Thinking, Introverted Thinking, Extroverted Feeling, Introverted Feeling]

Each human is born with TWO superpowers.

One of your superpowers is stronger than the other. We call the stronger one "Primary" and the weaker one "Secondary".

BUT WAIT! There are rules to what combination of superpowers you can have.

1.) You must choose one EXTROVERTED power:
[Ne, Se, Te, Fe] - Notice they all have "e"s

and one INTROVERTED power:
[Ni, Si, Ti, Fi] - Notice they all have "i"s

2.) You must chose one KNOWLEDGE GATHERING power:
[Ne, Ni, Se, Si] - Intuition or Sensing

and one DECISION MAKING power:
[Te, Ti, Fe, Fi] - Thinking or Feeling

Now the letters in MBTI are actually just code for the cognitive functions, or "superpowers" I have listed above. The MBTI code has two parts:

THE MEAT:
N/S and T/F

THE CODERS:
E/I and J/P

The meat is pretty straightforward, Choose one of each. [Ex. XNFX - This denotes that you'll have one of Ne or Ni and one of Fi or Fe]

The coders govern the ordering of the functions.
E/I: Determines if your introverted or extroverted function is first.
J/P: Determines if your extroverted function is DECISION MAKING or if it is KNOWLEDGE GATHERING.
J means that your extroverted function is DECISION MAKING and your introverted function is KNOWLEDGE GATHERING.

P means that your extroverted function is KNOWLEDGE GATHERING and your introverted function is DECISION MAKING.​

So ENFP would be broken down like so:

N and F.

P means N is Ne, and F is Fi (N is a knowledge gathering function and F is a decision making function).
Ne and Fi.

E means that Ne is primary and Fi is secondary.
Ne>Fi

*I have not taken any classes on MBTI or cognitive functions; I have learned about this theory on human psychology purely through "personalitypage.com", personality forums, and applications to my own thoughts and other people I know well. I am by no means claiming to be an expert, or even knowledgeable on the subject. I am, however, claiming to have a very passable understanding of the cognitive functions. Any more experienced users have input on flaws, improvements, strong points?

Pretty soon I'll be finished with easy to empathize descriptions of each function and I'll post that.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting explaination…

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:laugh: Cute way of explaining. The hardest thing to understand is definitely the J/P designations. If you can get that clearly explained, then the rest falls in place. You may want to throw an explanation in there of why they're that way - the idea that you need one extraverted process and one introverted for cognitive balance - same with judging/perceiving, and so on.