• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ti users (especially ENTP's) and a deep hatred for enneagram 1's

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I have an absolute hatred for Enneagram 1's and for 1 fixers in general. The enneagram 1's are just too damn moral and pure for me, and I find that they often try to get me to conform to their moral values. I just can't stand 1's! I've noticed that most Ti users hate 1's and 1 fixers, and this is goes double for ENTP's. Is this true though? Do Ti users and ENTP's (especially) hate 1's?
[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5289]mcgooglian[/MENTION]

You folks might want to check out this thread.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And in return, I'll bring in a Ti-dominant enneagram 1, [MENTION=1449]Magic Poriferan[/MENTION].

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I don't hate 1s. I think my best friend is a 1 actually.

If I had to pick a triad I most have some sort of psychic conflict with, it'd be the feeling triad, not instinct.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Maybe they dont like one because they re so damn competitive.
But that d be very a very carthesianly view of that particular series

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They are usually as reliable as they're self-righteous, so it's not that bad on balance. Just let them believe they're morally superior and they'll become allies without much effort.

No need to keep flattering them (=/= E3), no need to keep proving your loyalty (=/= E6), and they're not as intrusive as 8s.

Excellent co-workers, btw.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Enneagram 2's annoy me way more than enneagram 1's. 1's usually make sense.

mcgooglian

MBTI Type
ISTP
I wouldn't say I hate them as much as many of the ones I've met have annoyed me. The healthy ones that integrate to 7 can have a sense of sarcasm that I like. However, the average to unhealthy 1s tend to be a bit too rigid to my tastes and I tend to be a bit too chaotic for them.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I have a 9w1 fix.

S

Society

why did i get summoned here?

well, since i am not entirely sure which of the people i know in RL are 1s (i may or may not have being married to one - it's among the possibilities)... i'll just use the enneagram institute list & bold the ones i dislike, and strike out the one's that i like.

Examples: Confucius, Plato, Salahuddin Ayyubi, Joan of Arc, Sir Thomas More, Mahatma Gandhi, Pope John Paul II, Nelson Mandela, Margaret Thatcher, Prince Charles, Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, Jimmy Carter, Michelle Obama, Al Gore, Hilary Clinton, Rudy Giuliani, Elliot Spitzer, Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, Osama bin Laden, George Bernard Shaw, Thoreau, Dr. Jack Kevorkian, Anita Roddick (The Body Shop), Martha Stewart, Chef Thomas Keller, Michio Kushi (macrobiotics), George Harrison, Joan Baez, Celine Dion, Ralph Nader, Noam Chomsky, Bill Moyers, George F. Will, William F. Buckley, Keith Olbermann, Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Maher, Tina Fey, Katherine Hepburn, Maggie Smith, Emma Thompson, Julie Andrews, Vanessa Redgrave, Jane Fonda, Meryl Streep, Harrison Ford, Helen Hunt, Captain “Sully” Sullenberger, “Mary Poppins,” “Mr. Spock,” SNL’s “The Church Lady”

...i'll leave you with the job of counting which side has more.

S

Stansmith

I get where they're coming from, but I don't really care enough.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I wouldn't say I hate them as much as many of the ones I've met have annoyed me. The healthy ones that integrate to 7 can have a sense of sarcasm that I like. However, the average to unhealthy 1s tend to be a bit too rigid to my tastes and I tend to be a bit too chaotic for them.

I hate their rigidness as well.

well, since i am not entirely sure which of the people i know in RL are 1s (i may or may not have being married to one - it's among the possibilities)... i'll just use the enneagram institute list & bold the ones i dislike, and strike out the one's that i like.

I summoned you because you are one of the few ENTP's here that actually posts on a regular basis.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since MP never showed, I'm going to reply to this like I want to reply to most of your threads:

:notype:

Any type can have a deep hatred of any other type. It depends on the person and their level of health. The reasons given for ENTPs to dislike 1s -- self-righteousness, moralism -- are reasons for anyone to dislike type 1. Another, healthier 1 might dislike 1s who act like that.

Also:

Because that's an incredibly fair way of judging a type. :dry:

S

Society

Because that's an incredibly fair way of judging a type. :dry:

rofl, probably not - not by the figure heads type-celebs anyway. but in general i do think if i want to determine whether i have any particular issues with a type would be by my experience with people of that type. otherwise i'm just determining whether i like/dislike the general notion of 1s. i suppose i can do that too...

...in which case i will say that disliking this:
Level 8: Become obsessive about imperfection and the wrong-doing of others, although they may fall into contradictory actions, hypocritically doing the opposite of what they preach.

of the unhealthy levels of 1s, can actually be type related - Ti is very attune for inner contradictions - and hypocrisy in it's full glory can be somewhat of a Ti eye sour. even if i don't dislike someone for doing it, i will unavoidably notice it, either having to restrain & censor myself (which i don't like doing), or let it out, at which point the dynamic might turn quite argumentative and the e1 in question might in turn end up disliking me.

on the other hand, if you give me an e1 which is more like this (from the healthy levels):
Level 3: Extremely principled, always want to be fair, objective, and ethical: truth and justice primary values. Sense of responsibility, personal integrity, and of having a higher purpose often make them teachers and witnesses to the truth.

sense of responsibility & personal integrity are things i consider to be among my core values, i don't believe that objectivity is ever a 100% attainable but i do find it a worthy goal in any judgement call even if it's never fully achieved. as far as i'm concerned that sounds to me like someone with shared values.

Starry

Since MP never showed, I'm going to reply to this like I want to reply to most of your threads:

:notype:

Any type can have a deep hatred of any other type.

I wasn't invited to this shindig...probably for the very reason of what I'm about to say... But I think in the case of the Great One...it has EVERYTHING to do with type. It's just that you wouldn't know that since well... 6w7 or e6s don't appear to clash with e1s.

I guess it is not surprising that e7s...especially 7w6 sx (and a few other e7 wing/instinct combos)...frequently report clashing with e1...seeing how it is e7s stress point and all.

edit: I'm going to say this in a different way in case the above was unclear...

The Great One is one of the most obvious expressions/examples of the Enneagram type 7 I have ever seen. However, if Riso, Hudson, Condon...all the experts on enneagram theory collectively gathered to say this to him it would not matter. He has that stubborn e7 blindspot thing that is a point of stress for me worse than anything any other e-type could do haha.

All I'm saying is that until The Great One *magically* figures out that he's an e7... he probably deserves a slight pass in the sense that he literally can't experience e1s in the way other types do. Hopefully that makes sense.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. Like [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] said, a person can be neurotic and pushy regardless of type. My daughter is probably a 1. She's pretty cool.

haha...just thought of making one particular type the goat of Azazel, sending it off into the wilderness so that the world can be without sin...wait...that won't work, will it?

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hate is a strong word, but I do find that I have trouble meeting the standards of some 1s I've come into contact with. Or it's so easy to put get on the wrong foot with some people. 1 is pretty hit or miss for me, but I've had experiences with getting on the bad side of 1s. It's somewhat of a personality clash, and they have high standards. 1s don't force their standards on people, at least healthy 1w9s, but they are very picky and choosy who they associate with. I know 1s tend to internalize on this, but at the end of the day, it's how they keep you at an arms length over values/standards.

I myself relate to some aspects of 1, but it is one of my weaker types. I take it as being my 1 wing with my 9.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1w9 reporting in.

Though people seem to think I am a 4 or a 5, but internally I relate to 1 far more. I am a lot more outgoing, competative (best or bust), action orientated, aggressive, and perfectionist than a 4 or 5 would be. I could say I can be reactive, but I am also a lot more mature than most people of the type as it kinda balances out with my MBTI type (INTP). I think I am a lot more "rigid" than a 4 or 5 would be. So this gives me a nice J/P and E/I balance, maybe more emotional than a regular Ti dom would be, due to strong standards, beliefs and opinions.

Jaguar

An E1 could annoy anyone. The Ti bit is just a red herring.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think a Ti-dom E1 would apply the sense of perfection in a way that aligns with Ti values. For example, they would be the ones more focused on perfection in logic and semantics. When I think back on hanging out online with a bunch of INTPs, a fair percentage of them felt very perfectionistic and detail oriented in debate to the point that my brain couldn't process it - pointing out the smallest of details of logical discrepancies with a focus on absolute precision in linguistic definitions. I think some of the ones that approach it that way could have E1 (also E5 can be a factor), and that combination would serve an important contribution. I don't really see Ti and E1 being particularly at odds, but maybe I'm wrong.