• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ti users (especially ENTP's) and a deep hatred for enneagram 1's

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think a Ti-dom E1 would apply the sense of perfection in a way that aligns with Ti values. For example, they would be the ones more focused on perfection in logic and semantics. When I think back on hanging out online with a bunch of INTPs, a fair percentage of them felt very perfectionistic and detail oriented in debate to the point that my brain couldn't process it - pointing out the smallest of details of logical discrepancies with a focus on absolute precision in linguistic definitions. I think some of the ones that approach it that way could have E1 (also E5 can be a factor), and that combination would serve an important contribution. I don't really see Ti and E1 being particularly at odds, but maybe I'm wrong.

It could also be E1 in the sense of adhering to a moral system.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It could also be E1 in the sense of adhering to a moral system.
Out of curiosity - what is the difference between E1 and Fi moral focus? If a Ti-dom had a strong focus on subjective systems of morality it would be tempting to wonder if they were a Fi-dom. Perhaps it is when more logic and systematic reasoning is applied to it? But then you will have Fi-doms say they use systematic reasoning for their conclusions as well. I should read more about E1, but my understanding is that it has do with with a striving for perfection which could be applied in any direction. Since the introverted functions are distilling and the extroverted ones are expanding, I would tend to see Fi morality as distilling to core, universal principles, and E1 could have distilled or expanded sense of morality, but would be striving for perfection of application and definition of it?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Out of curiosity - what is the difference between E1 and Fi moral focus? If a Ti-dom had a strong focus on subjective systems of morality it would be tempting to wonder if they were a Fi-dom. Perhaps it is when more logic and systematic reasoning is applied to it? But then you will have Fi-doms say they use systematic reasoning for their conclusions as well. I should read more about E1, but my understanding is that it has do with with a striving for perfection which could be applied in any direction. Since the introverted functions are distilling and the extroverted ones are expanding, I would tend to see Fi morality as distilling to core, universal principles, and E1 could have distilled or expanded sense of morality, but would be striving for perfection of application and definition of it?

The same difference between a Bottom-Top AI and a Top-Bottom AI. From the foundation up versus an ever changing system even on a fundamental level. I would say E1 with Ti is more likely to change faster, than a Fi.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I'd think a Ti dom would be more focused on principles; it's news to me that Fi-doms would be systematic about it in that sense, as well. I see Fi as being more about listening to the heart/conscience.

yeghor

I have an absolute hatred for Enneagram 1's and for 1 fixers in general. The enneagram 1's are just too damn moral and pure for me, and I find that they often try to get me to conform to their moral values. I just can't stand 1's! I've noticed that most Ti users hate 1's and 1 fixers, and this is goes double for ENTP's. Is this true though? Do Ti users and ENTP's (especially) hate 1's?

[MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15291]Mane[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5289]mcgooglian[/MENTION]

You folks might want to check out this thread.

My understanding is that E1 = Ni-doms. Ni-doms irritate Ni-inferior types and even Ni-tert types when their appreciation for Ni hasn't kicked in yet. So, Se-doms and Se-aux types will get irritated by E1, cause they don't want to take morality and future consequences and consequences on others into consideration when taking an action. To them, it feels like an untamed animal being forced into a cage.

It's not the Ti-users that hate E1 (Ni), it's the Se users (which in my understanding is E8), so anyone with a strong E8 would be aggravated by E1 demeanor.