• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type an IQ... Again!

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
My penis is about 13 in...oh wait this is an IQ thread...ahem.

Has anyone ever had an IQ test? If so, what were the results...?

I've never taken a "real" IQ test, and probably won't, unless someone else pays for it and drives me to the testing place. I have taken several online IQ tests, which I put pretty much zero stock in, and score generally above average or in the gifted range. Numerically, 125-145. I've also taken tests for specific intelligences (spatial pattern, number pattern, verbal, etc), and have scored from flat average to utter pwnage.

Of course. Apparent insanity (Ne) is nothing compared to actual insanity (Ni). You ought to know that by now.

What if a person has a good amount of both, has schizoid/avoidant tendencies, and is surrounded by neurotic and/or paranoid people?

S

Sniffles

I was given an intelligence test when I was little. According to the results, my scores in some areas were so high they couldn't calculate it.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
and each post catered to their own type
like we have yet to see that done

INTP=Awesome
That must be it, :)

I tested in the high 140's as a child.
I score Einstein-IQ on online IQ tests though- alas, they aren't real though.

IQ is one of MANY factors that can predict success in life.. but however, correlation does not equal causation.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
^Actually, one's EQ, (apparently), is more of a predictor of success than one's IQ.

ENFPs: 1

INTPs: 0

MBTI Type
ENTP
No better time than this to break out a great quotation made lame by overuse (contemptible by its excessive familiarity):

"Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration." - Edison

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I was detected having supreme intelligence when, still in the womb, I instructed my mother on how to solve a differential equation through morse-alphabet by kicks from the inside.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I was detected having supreme intelligence when, still in the womb, I instructed my mother on how to solve a differential equation through morse-alphabet by kicks from the inside.

Oh yeah!? Well... I meditated in lotus position whilst floating in amniotic fluid and achieved enlightenment right as my head popped out of my mom's vag.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
What a bunch of cockophony!

lol

or should I say....

lek

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
as for the people taking everything too personally

i was talking to Rondo and Captain aboot their data pointing to their own type
and........it was sarcastic
which is my usual mode

i know
i'm that vague and open-ended
sue me

T

ThatGirl

Yeah, I have caculated my IQ in pretty much the three to four hundred range, but try to get these tests to prove it. They don't measure true intelligence like how to get a car to make a long trip up a mountain in 120 degree heat with a busted thermostat.

MBTI Type
ENTP
that was a joke too

i know... that's why I copied your (inadvertent) verse structure... 2-8-2 syllables

Averex
i know
i'm that vague and open-ended
sue me

Samuel De Mazarin
don't fret
we're not litigious-minded folk
it's cool

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL
2nd run-in with Samuel........
priceless

in other news
i know that iq and eq should be factored together to measure true intelligence
even though there are the multiple intelligences that include such things as :

intrapersonal and logical intelligence

MBTI Type
ENTP
LOL
2nd run-in with Samuel........
priceless

<in whiny-protesting Seinfeld voice> Nooooooo! NOOOOoooooo! No run-in... NO RUN-IN!!! What's with all the talk about run-ins? I don't like getting into things and I'm certainly not running anywhere for anyone! No run-in!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with some people that EQ is a lot more important, and most of all balance. High IQ means that some other things have been diminished, most of the time. Mine is slightly higher than normal, see the signature, and i've got a terrible sense of direction (I just got lost on a small mountain on wich I have been almost a hundred times), and my eye-hand coordination isn't all that good. I think a lot, but most of the time not about the physical world around me. I'm terrible at mechanical things. (learning movement patterns like in karate katas, driving with manual gears, snowboarding or things like that). It sounds stupid when I say it but I really suck at these things and I almost feel handicapped sometimes. :D But then again, i'm good at being a cunning bastard :D

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
If EQ is an indicator, I'm screwed. I'm no genius, but I don't think I've ever met an INTJ with an average IQ.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
How come EQ is treated as a more viable quotient than IQ here? IQ measures how well you can take IQ tests, so naturally EQ would measure how well you can take EQ tests. The assumption would be that there's a definite cultural/wealth bias in EQ testing as much as IQ testing, because such biases are nearly impossible to get rid of.

If we're just taking about straight emotional intelligence, then fine. I have a feeling I won't do well because I'm not so good at selling myself -- my normal mode is irritable, aloof, and highly concentrated. I've found that the vast majority of people find it intolerable.

redacted

You give me a hideous idea, Mondo...

Has anyone ever had an IQ test? If so, what were the results...?

took one when i got tested for learning disabilities at 16 -- it was about ten hours long and split into a few separate categories.

i got 134 overall i think (146 on logical/math, but under 100 on visual:()

I actually pointed out that ESFJs have amongst the lowest percentages of very high IQs (well, I asked, because I thought I had seen that before, but wasn't certain). Not really catering to my type. At least, not in a positive manner.

Here is where my post caters to me: I WAS in all the gifted classes, and my IQ has been measured in the 150s.

given your posts, i'd bet a lot of money that you aren't an ESFJ :)

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
How come EQ is treated as a more viable quotient than IQ here? IQ measures how well you can take IQ tests, so naturally EQ would measure how well you can take EQ tests. The assumption would be that there's a definite cultural/wealth bias in EQ testing as much as IQ testing, because such biases are nearly impossible to get rid of.

Agreed.

If we're just taking about straight emotional intelligence, then fine. I have a feeling I won't do well because I'm not so good at selling myself -- my normal mode is irritable, aloof, and highly concentrated. I've found that the vast majority of people find it intolerable.

I think EQ has more to do with how you manage your own emotions. For instance, knowing what your moods will be and why, and then capitalizing on this knowledge to increase your own productivity/whatever. I'm not sure that it has anything to do with how people perceive you. I could be wrong though, since I know that there are different "EQ" models.