• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much does one's presence on this forum reveal about themselves?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've asked this question as I've tried to keep track of my internet footprint. Well, whaddya think?

Alternative (mocking) title for this thread would be, "who's doomed?"

People in this forum have revealed their ideas about thinkers, high-iq-people, blacks, women, republicans, the Swedish, people who marry early in their life, the educated, uneducated, those they diagnose of mania, hypocondria, teacup syndrome, obesity, hyperattentiveness, nervousness, inattentiveness, periods of high self-esteem, lottery wins or lack of them, occurences of contemplation of suicide, moving to Miami or plans to revoke their French passport.

Really, we've revealed most of ourselves here. So, what now?

I don't know who's surprised of this, but I don't think much of it. What do you think of it?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If you don't know what to make of all that in the OP, just say if it would be OK for you to link to your personal website from this forum.. or if it's more complicated, say when you would link and when you wouldn't

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dont really consider it to reveal the whole person. Its only a tiny aspect of each person. U can know their personality types and thats another tiny aspect of who ppl r but really we just know their writing styles and who they want us to see.

Standuble

Probably not as much as it would seem (unless a person has commented on all the aforementioned above.) Speaking personally, I say much but at the same time I manage to say little. There is much which has been kept secret and much which cannot be expressed in writing. If some nefarious third party think they can build a profile of me based on my crazy rantings and ravings on here then they are going to be seriously disappointed.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
not much, otherwise [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] wouldnt keep on thinking i'm enneagram type 1(or have it on my tri).

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not much, otherwise [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] wouldnt keep on thinking i'm enneagram type 1(or have it on my tri).

actually, I think you're a 6w7 (you're clearly a head type imo and superego core. 7w8s don't give a shit about other people lol)

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
actually, I think you're a 6w7 (you're clearly a head type imo and superego core. 7w8s don't give a shit about other people lol)

lol you're amusing. will you play out the entire enneagram, just to make sure i don't get typed the same as you? :tongue:

you might as well give it a rest, i assure you i know myself better than you ;)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My uber-esoteric side and rational edge is captured much more neatly by my forum persona than in the dang stupid mundande joke of a real life!

Nicki

Retired
Only a bit really

Some people use this site for fun while others take it far more seriously.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
this is my mental play place where I tend to pull out ideas that I don't bother with speaking in real life... or where I have a captive audience who likes answering questions :devil:

I doubt that anyone on here who has not met me would have a clue that I'm me if we met in real life :)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
lol you're amusing. will you play out the entire enneagram, just to make sure i don't get typed the same as you? :tongue:
6w7 is (just like 7w8) right next to my core type and I am a 1 fixer myself, so no, that is not my intention, as we'd still be similar types if you are the type I think you are (people who try to convince others they are a certain type to appease their own egos piss me off). that was not the motive here. I simply responded because you quoted me

you might as well give it a rest, i assure you i know myself better than you ;)
I don't deny that. typing correctly requires two things
1) knowledge of one's self
2) knowledge of the enneagram system as a whole

you're an ENFP, no one is an authority on themselves the way an ENFP is :tongue:
what I am doubting is your knowledge of the Enneagram system itself. I typed similarly to you in the past (7w8, 8w7, 8w9, 4w3 fixed etc), it wasn't because I lacked self awareness, it was because I had a a misconception of what the types actually were (4, 7 and 8 in particular)

Mole

Permabanned
The Narcissus next door

We are all creatures of our environment because we adapt to our environment.

But on Central we are flying blind because we focus on ourselves rather than our environment.

We deliberately and systematically blind ourselves to the environment that shapes us and makes us who we are.

It's true that all environments are invisible, even when they are right under our nose.

What we do is to take our environment for granted and then seek to gain as much advantage as possible within this environment.

We are game players, but we don't know what game we are playing. So we try to orientate ourselves by competing against one another. But it turns our to be just a hall of mirrors with each Narcissus gazing into their own mirror and comparing themselves to the Narcissus next door.