• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I've got the worst MBTI + Enneagram Combo

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does everyone tend to feel this about themselves? Or are there other types that you look at and say, "I'm freaking glad I'm not them."

I'm ENFP (which I find to be a saving grace), and a 4w5 sx/sp, the enneagram part gets problematical. I find life eternally, eh, interesting.

I feel like being ENFP kind of balances out my otherwise highly inward and weighted nature, and I (sorry to say this) am awfully glad that I'm not an Introvert instead.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not that there arent some cool combinations out there, but I'm more or less what I'd always wanted to be. Not to be that guy or anything...:unsure:

S

Stansmith

After a while you realize all enneagram types suck ass. It's up to you to make something awesome out of it.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sometimes I want to be a 5 or a 1 or a 9 so I'll be a proper INFJ.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think 4w5's need to stop feeling defective already.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

And.. you, you need to stop having fun. ;)

What can I say, it's our MO.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Could be worse. Does it lead to drama?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And.. you, you need to stop having fun. ;)

What can I say, it's our MO.

i know i know...but it is entirely in your head you know and no one else sees it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i know i know...but it is entirely in your head you know and no one else sees it.

I'll meecha halfway.

[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]

Here's a 4 sx desc I've seen floating around. I identify with the internal landscape, but I think the ENFP idealism tempers a lot of the jealousy and hate issues.

Infatuation. In the average range, Sexual Fours most exemplify the romanticism, intensity, and longing for a rescuer that characterize this type. They can be sweetly vulnerable and impressionable, but also aggressive and dynamic, especially in their self-expression. There is an assertive, seemingly extroverted component to Sexual Fours, and unlike the other two variants, they are unlikely to let their romantic fantasies remain fantasies for long. Often turbulent and stormy, their emotional lives revolve around the person they are attracted to. Intense feelings of admiration, longing, and hatred for the object of desire can all coexist. Sensual and seductive, they can also be jealous and possessive like Twos, and they want to be the only person that matters in the other's life. Sexual Fours often have severe doubts about their own desirability, so they strive for accomplishments that will make them acceptable to the other - being a great artist or star - while being resentful of those who achieve those things.

Idealizing the other can quickly shift to rejecting them for their slightest flaws. At the same time, Sexual Fours are often attracted to people who are, for one reason or another, unavailable. They may spend a great deal of time longing to have the desirable other to themselves and detesting anyone who has the other's attention.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does everyone tend to feel this about themselves? Or are there other types that you look at and say, "I'm freaking glad I'm not them."

I'm ENFP (which I find to be a saving grace), and a 4w5 sx/sp, the enneagram part gets problematical. I find life eternally, eh, interesting.

I feel like being ENFP kind of balances out my otherwise highly inward and weighted nature, and I (sorry to say this) am awfully glad that I'm not an Introvert instead.

I'm thinking right now that I prefer the enneagram system over MBTI. WHile the idea of cognitive functions is intellectually appealing, I'm skeptical as to whether or not they follow that neat stack.

I think MBTI/function theory might be useful for personal development, but perhaps less relevant for social interaction. I think with others, the enneagram type is more useful for me. It also sees easier to determine without a test.

Take dating... the MBTI types all seem so varied, even within a type, that it becomes silly to say "i'm looking for this type or that type." But with the enneagram thing, I'm looking for a 5 or a 7, and that seems to be easier to identify. MBTI doesn't actually seem to determine if we have compatible interests or not.

Most INTPs seem to be 5s, but there are also INFP and INfJ 5s. When I actually go on dating sites, and look at the test results of people who have done these MBTI-esque tests, I find myself surprised that "INTP shoo-ins"" show up as INFPs or INFJs. I think it's possible that what I think of as "INTP" is actually 5. I have this image in my head of INFxs as 1's, 2's, or 4's but judging from how people identify themselves here, it doesn't always line up that way.

It seems to make ore sense, though, to think of others in terms of the ennegram system... the focus is on specific wants or needs, which seems easier to determine than whether someone is a thinker or a feeler.

I also feel like I have an awesome combo going on, although I realized that I was more sx than sp.... I misunderstood what sx meant.

Being a 7 does have it's appeal to me, on occasion, however.

An ISFJ 8 must be odd, and probably isn't too happy.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I have the worst combo! :mad:

ScottJames

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I saw the title of the thread I figured you were probably a 4. The idea that another type would be better is a construct of the ego. The purpose of understanding the Enneagram is to learn how to transcend the trap of the ego, and for a 4 specifically it's to let go of the idea that you're inherently flawed and superior/inferior because of it.

The antidote to the 4 trap, as taught to me by Dr. Wyatt Woodsmall is the acceptance that everything is exactly as it should be.

What I personally found very helpful was to first become conscious of how envious I was and once I'd done that to work through it by repeating the phrase in my head 'everything is exactly as it should be.' Any 4 should find that phrase very therapeutic.

Once you start to work through it you'll stop feeling like it's any better to be another type and realize that it's only better to accept yourself and to evolve.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i wanna play!

okay so...imagine for a min being a 7! and being all yay fun adventure whoohoo but then having that annoying lil six voice going...ohhh...better not...cuz what if this or that or omg this!!! back and forth all day long!

they're super conflicting!! dontcha feel bad for me q?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I saw the title of the thread I figured you were probably a 4. The idea that another type would be better is a construct of the ego. The purpose of understanding the Enneagram is to learn how to transcend the trap of the ego, and for a 4 specifically it's to let go of the idea that you're inherently flawed and superior/inferior because of it.

The antidote to the 4 trap, as taught to me by Dr. Wyatt Woodsmall is the acceptance that everything is exactly as it should be.

What I personally found very helpful was to first become conscious of how envious I was and once I'd done that to work through it by repeating the phrase in my head 'everything is exactly as it should be.' Any 4 should find that phrase very therapeutic.

Once you start to work through it you'll stop feeling like it's any better to be another type and realize that it's only better to accept yourself and to evolve.

Thanks. Actually the title was kind of a challenge to draw people in. I know 4's tend to bemoan themselves, I was just curious about how other people felt about themselves in respect to all these letters and numbers they give themselves. Yeah, I've never wanted to be anything different than I am. But, I wouldn't mind being able to selectively turn it off occasionally with a little switch or something.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
ESFJ 6w7? Anyone?

Although I'm not necessarily talking about myself, as my type will most likely never be known, but that combination sounds like doom to me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP + 7w6 = a double dose of being delusional, head-in-the clouds/day-dreamy, self centered, energetic, optimistic and adventurous.
meh, definitely has it's ups and downs. I can think of types I'd much rather be or much rather not be

images

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
ESTP SLE-Ti E8 Sx/So Capricorn Year of the Earth Dragon.

I'm pretty much in love with myself. Sucks to be you bro.

:krusty:

S

Society

i'm not particular confident about my enneagram or my tri-type to say how i feel about having them, since on many aspects i don't feel like i have them to began with.

however, i do think i am lucky, because it so happened that this is one of the best time windows in history to be an ENTP in:
esoteric love of art being replaced by the cult of Design, the availability of steady jobs and expectation of corporate royalty that used to be the Si-dom's reward is disappearing in favor of a rapid revolving doors throughout the labor market while people continue to develop the means of taking initiatives, what used to be done by Se is now more often than not done in front of a computer where you can try one design after another before ever bringing it to out into prototyping (which is itself faster with 3d printers), the punishment for not having a strong Si is decreasing as more external tools come to compensate for it... more so, society is gradually moving from post-modernist Fi values to Fe values prioritizing connections and the ability to sell one's self. more and more systems are getting to big for the best minds of Te to even get a handle on, prioritizing the Ti bottom up approach of getting down and dirty with the system mechanics.

...in the battle for what society values, everyone is losing, while Ne>Ti>Fe is just marching on and gaining momentum.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
ESTP SLE-Ti E8 Sx/So Capricorn Year of the Earth Dragon.

I'm pretty much in love with myself. Sucks to be you bro.

:krusty:

Huh, you're also a Capricorn Earth Dragon? But I suppose that's a nice dig in the ribs for astrology, or at least that cheap peddled kind that doesn't really delve into anything.

After all I can't really claim much similarity with you, but this is on the internet, offline it might be different.