• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

superunknown on the functions

Dang, jon, you're reading your Jung closely. Props for that especially since it's something I myself am incapable of achieving.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dang, jon, you're reading your Jung closely. Props for that especially since it's something I myself am incapable of achieving.

Sounds like that sort of thing is generally frowned upon around here.

You get a Keirsey! You get a Keirsey! You get a Keirsey!

27ysh8g.jpg

sculpting

Furthermore, it is stated by Jung that the unconscious attitude of Si is Se of a fair magnitude; while the unconscious attitude of Ni is Se of a primitive, lowly order. I take this to equate that Ni is highly 'entrenched' to its understanding that the introverted intuitor's 'a priori' perception is the end-all be-all of objective nature. For clarification, here is an except from the wiki article on a priori knowledge, something Jung equates to Ni - "you can see that it is true just lying on your couch. You don't have to get up off your couch and go outside and examine the way things are in the physical world. You don't have to do any science." You can see how this approach to reality runs completely countercurrent to Se and Si ideals, and seems to be something to a fair degree easy to spot when in the dominant position of an individual. I don't see it in you.

ISTJs behave similar to the couch quote above, in that they recall the world as it should be, not as it is. They recall what should have been said in a meeting, based upon thier understanding of the rules we all know and understand, rather than what was actually decided in the meeting.

I actually adore both IXTJs a great deal. I would have never thought Corialis to be an ISTJ-her words move in fluid motion as she speaks in process, not concrete entities. It is all movement and the how of the world, rather than the what of the world. She tempers with Te checks?

"To start, Ni isn't theoretically (explicitly or otherwise, so far as I can tell) ascribed any favor in comparison to Si for terms of rigidity, as is commonly 'known' throughout the MBTI community. For example, in Socionics, Se in a more Jungian sense is applied to ISTj's while Si is applied to ISTp's, respectively for their intuiting counterparts. Jung views Se as the irrational function with greatest propensity for fresh rationalization of circumstance, the type with greatest bias to the actuality of a situation, the type that 'idealizes' information with the lowest frequency of intent - perceptions many scientists might take up.

Furthermore, it is stated by Jung that the unconscious attitude of Si is Se of a fair magnitude; while the unconscious attitude of Ni is Se of a primitive, lowly order. I take this to equate that Ni is highly 'entrenched' to its understanding that the introverted intuitor's 'a priori' perception is the end-all be-all of objective nature. ."

^^Ni is really quite pretty, in how it flows and moves.