• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe and passion/motvation?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fe dom/auxes, do you find you ever have motivation problems? That is, say, you want to change jobs, but you can't actually motivate yourself to do it is? I'm wondering if this is something I could fix with the that function.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh hell yes. I'm a lazy motherfucker. I can genuinely WANT to/for something, but Just. Can't. bring myself to execute the necessary steps to get there, or to slog through the figuring-out-logistics phase. I usually end up rationalizing my way out of it somehow ("Oh, well, y'know, it doesn't make sense for me to make this move now because of X and Y things I should do first because of A or B reasons, blah bullshitty blah blah") and regretting it afterward. Working on it. :dry:

Sorry I'm no help at all. :alttongue: Maybe an Fe dom would do better.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's probably not type related, but on the off chance it is....I'm sick to death of dealing with obnoxious idiot salespeople that think they can charm or bully their way into anything, and that because they're so charming and important, facts, logic and policies do not apply. They're used to solving everything by talking, so cannot conceive that some things may need to be solved by thinking. It's getting a little old.

I wonder if typology is relevant to the psychology of motivation, or if something else is. I have to be really upset about something that happened at work to do anything about searching for a new job, unfortunately. And then my rage cools off, and I lose all energy to do that.

S

Stansmith

I think what you need is Ne to come up with solutions/options. I don't see how Fe could come into play at all.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I have also a problem with motivations. I used to read motivational books but like 7 habits of highly effective for teens, and a lot more. I do think that a talent of motivator is given to certain types: ENFJ, ESTP, ESFP, ENTJ. It is their Ni that spiritually motivates others. What happened to me is when I left their motivational room, I am no longer motivated.