• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I even an ENFP?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISxP? Possibly. But ultimately you are what you identify yourself as since all the tests are self diagnostic.

I identify as ENFP strongly but you are not setting of my enfp-dar... could be wrong though, always possible.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'll wait and see what happens when someone treads on one of your values. That's how you find your ENFP.

Standuble

If you feel like you're stoned most of the time and occasionally on crack then you're probably an INFP.
If you feel like you're on crack and acid then you're probably an ENFP.

Starry

If you feel like you're on crack and acid then you're probably an ENFP.

What if you don't just feel like you're on crack and acid...but you actually are on crack and acid...what then? :mellow:

Stansmith, you (obviously) don't have to tell me your age... but if you are under the age of 20 or so... it just might still be too soon for you or anyone to get a good feel for what your type is...especially if you have experienced episodes of depression since a young(er) age.

How are you assessing your type though? Do you test as ENFP? Did you decide on ENFP by reading ENFP descriptions?

None of what you stated in your recent post under ENFP stood out to me as being distinctly ENFP.

Still not really awake.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
My ENFP traits

-Im more comfortable talking about random Ne things and ideas than my own feelings. Although in highschool I used to let everyone know how sh-tty I felt in a funny, melodramatic "why me!" way and bombarded acquantinces with texts. If a girl rejected me, everyone had to know about it.

-I desire a vibrant social life filled with a variety of people I find interesting, stimulating and fun

-I feel VERY uneasy with spending more than 2 days in isolation, despite how painfully common it is for me

-I joke alot and can come off as brash or douchey (in a fun way). I can hurt people's feelings when not careful.

-I'm usually quite overbearing when around introverts, most of my introverted friends have found me overwhelming and I kind of find it frustrating when they don't match my energy levels

-I'm probably the most vocal person in all of my classes

-My views on social issues can be pretty pragmatic and Te-like. I'm a results-oriented person when it comes to any political issue.

-I think my natural personality is very ExxP, but issues of insecurity and anxiety make me more withdrawn

-Im not very "poetic" about the way I express my feelings and emotions. I feel like an INFP would say something like "I feel such a huge gaping hole in my heart, I don't know if I can go on", while I'm more likely to say something like "Everyone hates me, I just wanna stop being a b-tch n-gga"

-I don't want my life to be peaceful and calm, I want it to be fast-paced, exciting, and full of novelty and positive vibes.

My INFP traits

-I withdraw from social situations when feeling anxious or overwhelmed

-I get stuck in my head alot

-I'm socially awkward

-I find it hard to ignore negative feelings and being active about making a change

-I come off as aloof, unapproachable and "bougie" in a group setting. I'm usually most engaging in groups of 5 or 6 tops.

-Im not a natural leader

-I'm cynical and not as consistently cheery as most ENFPs seem to be. I'm openly cheery maybe 30%-35% of the time

-I barely initiate conversation with strangers unless its a girl I like

-I sometimes avoid social interaction out of fear, even though I crave it desperately

-I'm a very "keep your distance" person, although I think that's more of a reaction to being disappointed/hurt in the past

-I often times look sad and have insecure body language

-I tend to sit at the side of the room

Listing personality traits at random isn't the best way to discern your type - it's broad. Barely conversing with a girl I don't know, unless I'm familiar with her and like her, for example - is something that I and many people of different types could probably relate to. However, looking at personality traits or personal experiences that could be connected to how your thought/perception process works does lead to something.

So, tell me - when you go shopping for new clothes (if that's your thing), what is your reason for choosing the outfit? If you saw someone in danger, but he was someone who you had a negative experience with - what would you do, and when you see this happening, what would be the first thought that pops in your head? What is one hobby of yours - but why do you happen to do it, and what about it struck you?

Even better - what is the impression(s) that you get from this image? Describe what you see.

030626.gif

Standuble

What if you don't just feel like you're on crack and acid...but you actually are on crack and acid...what then?

I thought my answer's hidden premise was still self-evident (aka that you're not actually on drugs.) If you are on drugs then you could be anything.

[MENTION=18664]Stansmith[/MENTION] - I would not suggest you base your argument for being an introvert solely on being socially reserved, shy or your social behavioural traits. My experience with extroverts is that they don't seem to understand what introversion actually is (I've experienced this most notably with ENFPs but they all do it.) Introversion is not about being quiet in groups or not hanging out with people. There is so, so much more to it than that. You would possess an inner world which would be vast and deep in one way or another and it will dominate your attention perhaps for your entire life.

Also if you are going to determine type get there via cognitive function study. An INFP is an INFP because they are dominant in Fi and not because they are introverted. Likewise with ENFP.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think her point tho was wtf?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
None of what you stated in your recent post under ENFP stood out to me as being distinctly ENFP.

Yeah, I agree. A lot of what you said sounds like something that could be written up in type descriptions as a way to generalize extroverts/introverts. Being socially awkward does not necessarily mean you're not extroverted or are introverted. Extroverts need to be around people, whether they have developed social skills or not. And introverts don't need to be alone 24/7; everyone needs people at one point or another to live a healthy life. I mean hey, 749 has been labeled as "The Withdrawn Seven" (well I mean it's PerC so it's not gonna be extremely profound lol) and I still type as an E. At the most, your ENFP traits just sound like being Pe to me. I think the one thing we can determine is that you're Pe since that's what everyone seems to be agreeing with. Whether you're Pe-dom or Ji-dom still has yet to show. And as for your INFP traits, I'm not quite sure.

Also note what [MENTION=17347]louiesgonnadie[/MENTION] said about personality traits being relate-able for many different types. If they weren't, I wouldn't see myself in INFP and ENFJ descriptions. :shrug: It's your thought process that you're aiming for and you haven't really said much about it. Which is odd in the first place for a supposed ENFP. Even when I first discovered MBTI I was less interested in the whole "ENFPs are happy, lively people" paragraphs than I was the descriptions about what goes on in their heads and how deeply they feel things.

Trying out what [MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] recommended is probably a good shot, too.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I agree. A lot of what you said sounds like something that could be written up in type descriptions as a way to generalize extroverts/introverts. Being socially awkward does not necessarily mean you're not extroverted or are introverted. Extroverts need to be around people, whether they have developed social skills or not. And introverts don't need to be alone 24/7; everyone needs people at one point or another to live a healthy life. I mean hey, 749 has been labeled as "The Withdrawn Seven" (well I mean it's PerC so it's not gonna be extremely profound lol) and I still type as an E. At the most, your ENFP traits just sound like being Pe to me. I think the one thing we can determine is that you're Pe since that's what everyone seems to be agreeing with. Whether you're Pe-dom or Ji-dom still has yet to show. And as for your INFP traits, I'm not quite sure.

Also note what [MENTION=17347]louiesgonnadie[/MENTION] said about personality traits being relate-able for many different types. If they weren't, I wouldn't see myself in INFP and ENFJ descriptions. :shrug: It's your thought process that you're aiming for and you haven't really said much about it. Which is odd in the first place for a supposed ENFP. Even when I first discovered MBTI I was less interested in the whole "ENFPs are happy, lively people" paragraphs than I was the descriptions about what goes on in their heads and how deeply they feel things.

Trying out what [MENTION=15392]AffirmitiveAnxiety[/MENTION] recommended is probably a good shot, too.

yes yes very good point me too

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENFP sounds plausible to me, although you'd be an unusual one. Have you considered ENTP? ExxP is apparent, but you don't seem too much like an Se dom...do you relate at all to this article on inferior Ni?

S

Stansmith

What if you don't just feel like you're on crack and acid...but you actually are on crack and acid...what then? :mellow:

Stansmith, you (obviously) don't have to tell me your age... but if you are under the age of 20 or so... it just might still be too soon for you or anyone to get a good feel for what your type is...especially if you have experienced episodes of depression since a young(er) age.

How are you assessing your type though? Do you test as ENFP? Did you decide on ENFP by reading ENFP descriptions?

Still not really awake.

I pretty much exclusively test as xNFP

S

Stansmith

Listing personality traits at random isn't the best way to discern your type - it's broad. Barely conversing with a girl I don't know, unless I'm familiar with her and like her, for example - is something that I and many people of different types could probably relate to. However, looking at personality traits or personal experiences that could be connected to how your thought/perception process works does lead to something.

So, tell me - when you go shopping for new clothes (if that's your thing), what is your reason for choosing the outfit? If you saw someone in danger, but he was someone who you had a negative experience with - what would you do, and when you see this happening, what would be the first thought that pops in your head? What is one hobby of yours - but why do you happen to do it, and what about it struck you?

Even better - what is the impression(s) that you get from this image? Describe what you see.

View attachment 9818

When I'm shopping, I choose an outfit based on what I feel looks good on me. I'd say I have a very developed personal style independent of teeny trends.

If he was in serious fatal danger and I was his only hope, I'd probably have to do it or else the guilt would gnaw at me forever.

I write screenplays because I love the idea of bringing all these different images, and character-archetypes I find appealing together into one coherent, entertaining script. Overall, the thing that lured me in is that I've always loved the aesthetic atmosphere and beauty of film and would love to recreate something like that myself.

In that image I see chaos and destruction. It's like the apocalypse.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a huge prude. Whenever I walk into a new classroom, I have practically no interest in chatting with anyone unless I find them physically attractive. I've never been a "leader", a "bro" or "the life of the party" either, I've always been an independent behind the scenes person. I could never relate to this description of ENFPs as these "bright" social butterflies who engage everybody, I'm only like that sometimes, in which case I only engage people I find interesting. I'm not an active engager or initiator when in big groups, I'm mainly observant and behind the scenes (like most introverts, but it could be E6-cautiousness) when thing's are boring, and then loosen up once the fun's begun. I have very few deep relationships (wish I had more) and have maybe have 2 people that text me consistently. In highschool absolutely noone would see me as an extrovert except for a few people. I had a few friends that I drove absolutely crazy and would NOT leave alone, but to everyone else I was the ultimate introvert (I was very socially anxious at the time).

The one thing that I feel makes me an ENFP is that I have the mind of a hedonist; I make crude jokes, I like random hook ups, I like violent popcorn movies, everything I think about and enjoy is surface-value stuff and how they relate to one another. I barely think about morality or feely stuff and I'm pretty uncomfortable dwelling deep into my emotions and kind of find the topic cringe-worthy most of the time. Also, when around any introverts or someone I really like, I'm an absolute nut who dominates conversation. I can even dominate conversation when talking to my ESTP friend and make him laugh every 2 seconds, but a random ESTP I barely know? Hell no.

I tend to withdraw alot (I go straight home after school ends most of the time) and can maybe handle 2 hours of boring socializing tops. If I'm having lots of fun though, I'll hang around all day.

I'm either really gentle, sad-looking and soft-spoken, or really brash, boy-ish and slightly bubbly (more domineering and virile around people I'm comfortable with). I'm confusing as sh-t. I also have an easier time connection with girls and intuitive/feeler/light-hearted guys than serious earthy macho dudes.

So what do you think I'm an ENFP, or a sociable INFP?

I feel that way too, and I'm a total ENFP. I have no patience for a boring social experience, and often turn down parties or gatherings because I know I won't enjoy my time with the people that will be there. I also am very quiet in new classes and work situations, and definitely jet out as soon as I can (unless it's to hang around to talk to a teacher I'm interested to ask a question I felt was not relevant enough or too deep to ask in class). I do, however, LOVE being with new interesting people and especially with my friends and family. In those situations, I almost become high and can dance and talk and be a buzzing social butterfly like someone who's had a few drinks and is feeling loose. Does that resonate with you at all?

S

Stansmith

Results from a cognitive function test:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (25%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (100%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (15%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (25%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (45%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (35%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

S

Stansmith

I feel that way too, and I'm a total ENFP. I have no patience for a boring social experience, and often turn down parties or gatherings because I know I won't enjoy my time with the people that will be there. I also am very quiet in new classes and work situations, and definitely jet out as soon as I can (unless it's to hang around to talk to a teacher I'm interested to ask a question I felt was not relevant enough or too deep to ask in class). I do, however, LOVE being with new interesting people and especially with my friends and family. In those situations, I almost become high and can dance and talk and be a buzzing social butterfly like someone who's had a few drinks and is feeling loose. Does that resonate with you at all?

Lol, yes. I feel like I can act like im on cocaine or ecstacy when I'm completely sober.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it's our N that gives us our twisted sense of humor some times. We like that kind of stuff because it's satirical and witty. I'm making this all up based on my own thoughts and experiences, of course, but I feel ya dude. Normal happy stuff is too obvious for me a lot of times. Did you see Tyler the Creator's face and body language though? He couldn't contain his grin and his body was all over the place. He was loving that so much!

Oh, dang! I just re-loaded this, and the Tyler the Creator clip was replaced by a Russel Brand one. He's a trip. Definitely excited and on a roll! Feeding off that energy like only an E can.