• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ahem. Maybe I AM an INFP ...

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is rocking my world. A friend whose opinion I respect asked me for the link to a video I made, for purposes of examining my type, and came back with the announcement that she saw Fi Ne, indisputably. I was like, have you been talking to Vicky Jo? lol But I watched it as well and I can't argue -- those people are exactly like me. It's too rich, isn't it? :D
What does everybody know about CT? Opinions on validity?
http://cognitivetype.com/visualreading/

If this is true, I've been mistyped for decades.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh how exciting! :D

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whoo-hoo! I tend to ride the edge of the two types on tests. It's my way of living dangerously.

Anyhoo, whatever you are is awesome! :bunnyd::rock::bunnyd:

G

Ginkgo

That would interest me. I've always seen you as an atypical INFJ. Not that you wouldn't have been an INFJ in my eyes, just in the far reaches of the range. Even though you aren't, despite your self-typing as a 4, you seem more counter-phobic, which is uncommon for INFJs. I've kind of lumped you into a similar category with [MENTION=7063]SilkRoad[/MENTION], but she's been less less reactive and more catalytic with her thread starting.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It may just be a matter of enneagram 4, especially the "sad face" stuff.

Although the "Ni stare" is dead-on, from my observations of Ni-dom.

Still - DiCaprio, an INFJ? :huh:

Personally, I don't do child-like or giddy smiles nor do I think I appear "spritely", but some of the INFP stuff seems right. I gesture wildly when excited like my ISFJ mom, and I wonder how much of this can be attributed to type & not family/cultural influences.

As a side - what type would Tilda Swinton be, according to this? I type her as INFP and find her rather relatable. I notice she looks down a lot, has matter-of-fact articulation, lots of blinking, head swings, and mouth tension. She lacks the giddiness & breathy voice, which is more like myself (although I have a young voice, but I know what they mean about breathy/childlike as I've heard it in many other INFPs). Fiona Apple might be another good example of an INFP like that, but she does the giddy smile sometimes.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Could you show an example of this? What video would you show for Ni-dom use of the eyes.

Oh, and [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION], do you have a link to a video of your speaking and mannerisms?

G

Ginkgo

Personally, I don't do child-like or giddy smiles nor do I think I appear "spritely", but some of the INFP stuff seems right. I gesture wildly when excited like my ISFJ mom, and I wonder how much of this can be attributed to type & not family/cultural influences.

As a side - what type would Tilda Swinton be, according to this? I type her as INFP and find her rather relatable. I notice she looks down a lot, has matter-of-fact articulation, lots of blinking, head swings, and mouth tension. She lacks the giddiness & breathy voice, which is more like myself (although I have a young voice, but I know what they mean about breathy/childlike as I've heard it in many other INFPs). Fiona Apple might be another good example of an INFP like that, but she does the giddy smile sometimes.

VISUAL IDENTIFICATION!!!

simpsons-gifs-milhouse-suicide.gif

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could you show an example of this? What video would you show for Ni-dom use of the eyes.

Oh, and [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION], do you have a link to a video of your speaking and mannerisms?

The video on that site shows some (NOT DiCaprio). Cate Blanchett is generally a good example of an INFJ demeanor, IMO. She does the Ni stare a lot, although not constantly.

That site is not working now... but IMO, some of their typings are wrong & they seem to cherry pick interviews (ie. Blanchett, IMO, is INFJ, yet in some interviews she does blunt head shakes like FiTe types supposed mannerisms and blinks a lot like Si types are supposed to).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Before derailing this too much, I think it could be extremely interesting for people to post videos of INFPs and INFJs to examine mannerisms and the range for each type. I think there may be some type of overlap, but also some distinctions. This is a really fresh approach because we focus so much on text online. I may start that and clips posted here could also be posted there. What do you think?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's on my facebook page. I'll make it public for a bit. Understand that I made this for a specific audience and it's toe-curlingly horrible and makes me cringe in SO many ways, but I will show it for the sake of science.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=195950847202531&set=vb.100003628524480&type=3&theater
Please come back here to comment, rather than on my fb page. thx
There is definitely a softness to your manner that can be associated with P types. Your manner reminds me of my ex sister-in-law who was either INFJ or ISFJ. The content of what you are talking about is so topic specific that it doesn't contribute to figuring out cognitive functions. I've never analyzed your posts for what type you are. I think that you have a broad range of context for accepting people that seems adaptable to me like Fe but I was always assuming you to be INFJ, so I can't really say. It was cool to see though. I don't have a conclusive impression from it other than that you could really be either type.

Have you seen my video clip? I'm rather droopy as a person.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's late and I'm tired so I'm just copying over our chat and you can read my friend's impressions -- she knows me well online and we've spent considerable time together in person as well.

10:43pm
Friend
As I kind of suspected, I see Fi-dom pretty loud and clear to me. Your smile move up more than out, and is often expressed asymmetrically. The other function I spotted out was Si, many instances of "excessive blinking". So essentially, hypthosized CT type therefore can only be FiNe.

10:44pm
Friend
Plus the voice, the sweetest gentlest breathy Fi voice, which we knew.

10:49pm
Tiltyred
NO
This cannot be.
NiFe!!
Socionics IEI

11:00pm
Friend
I never had reason to doubt your INFJness based on what goes on in your mind, because how should I know? But these visual signals are mapped to the brain, and there it is

11:00pm
Tiltyred
What do you mean, "there it is"?

11:01pm
Friend
Well Fe doesn't cause those expressions
These kids are so smart, grad students I guess. It's the future, we can connect what's happening on the face with zee brain

11:03pm
Tiltyred
You understand you're ruining my life, right? ... lol

11:03pm
Friend
Apologies for the mind fuck

11:04pm
Tiltyred
Look again. Are you sure?

11:05pm
Friend
Watch both types, you'll see it: http://cognitivetype.com/visualreading/
And if you don't, the group that's put this together will assess you for free
And maybe tell me I'm full of shit but NiFes don't really have the soft voices, gentle eyes, "bashful" smile, accidental laughter, asymmetrical expressions, cheek tension which reads as sadness leaking through...

11:11pm
Tiltyred
Which video of mine shows this the most?
Also what made you decide to look at it?

11:12pm
Friend
I have to confess as soon as I heard the Fi expressions explained I thought of you

11:14pm
Tiltyred
Yeah, all those INFP people are just like me.

Friend
Yup

Tiltyred
I cannot believe this, srsly. For decades of my LIFE, I've been mistyped?!

11:16pm
Tiltyred
Which video of mine shows it most clearly?

11:17pm
Friend
The one where you're talking about your shirt and then makeup colors
Watch your bubbling laughter about "rain"

12:07am
Tiltyred
Spritely? me?

12:08am
Friend
It's an otherworldly quality, I see that
Too gentle to be real

12:08am
Tiltyred
*nod nod* It is known.
I've heard this all my life.

12:09am
Friend
Yes, hence why I was like "oh I'm pretty sure I know someone like that"

[MENTION=14857]fia[/MENTION], the reason I smiled at "doe eyes" is because I've always been told I had them.

Also, you seem to have several of the same characteristics that I do, and I don't see the Ni stare ... o_O

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
That visual types website doesn't work for me :(. Good chrome keeps giving me the oops! page.

I think the site must have bad servers. Or they are somehow very very far away from me.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Fia, you're so lovely, and what a beautiful cat! -- Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this typing people by how they move, so I don't know what to say about your videos in that respect. But as time goes on, I guess we'll all be learning more about it, and I can come back to them. But I guess if we're to take Jane Goodall as representative of INFJ, I'm not seeing that when I watch you.

For myself, I thought it was significant that my friend saw the type and then associated it directly with me, rather than knowing me and then going looking for my type.

Alsp, she mentioned something called Unseelie Fi, which she thinks is me to a tee. Um ... see my profile pic ... :-D

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I never got an INFP vibe from her, more like INJF. She feels kind of foreign to me, and I've never had that feeling with INFPs.
Not meaning to be rude, but I also don't get INFP vibes from you. Sometimes your posts are a bit on the assertive side and you have made me feel like I have to walk on eggs-shells around you, which is something I've never felt from INFPs. INFPs also have a softness and non-confrontational side to them that I don't feel around you. I'm not sure how to explain this, but it's an instinct that I feel quite strongly.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know whether to congratulate you or console you. It must be kind of exciting though to rediscover yourself in such an easy-to-investigate way.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Link to the visual typing site doesn't work for me either. :(
[MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] your posts usually sound very 4-ish to me, but I've always assumed you were INFJ, probably because you used to have INFJ listed.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fia, you're so lovely, and what a beautiful cat! -- Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this typing people by how they move, so I don't know what to say about your videos in that respect. But as time goes on, I guess we'll all be learning more about it, and I can come back to them. But I guess if we're to take Jane Goodall as representative of INFJ, I'm not seeing that when I watch you.

For myself, I thought it was significant that my friend saw the type and then associated it directly with me, rather than knowing me and then going looking for my type.

Alsp, she mentioned something called Unseelie Fi, which she thinks is me to a tee. Um ... see my profile pic ... :-D
I will be interested to learn more about it. Seeing how they map various expression to specific parts of the brain will be interesting. The issue is whether or not the MBTI functions also map to those parts of the brain which I doubt. The theory was not derived through neurological research, but instead philosophy with some observation. Everything I know about the brain does not separate these types of functions. For example, the frontal cortex will be responsible for logic and morality. There could be some emphasis on brain usages for different sensory functions but that has more to do with skill than how we process information. I'm open to the possibility of MBTI functions mapping to the brain, but my initial impression is highly doubtful that it is the case. What it will produce are categories of people with similar mannerisms who then may internally process information differently from each other. Now we have categories of people who see themselves similarly, but may be different mannerism and differences in information processing. Mannerisms result from environmental influences. Just look at the feral girl who lived with dogs. Her manners are exactly like dogs, so which type is she?

I do think placing people in to a lower resolution of 16 types creates a certain tension. It is like taking a famous portrait painting and putting it into lower resolution. Each square has to give up the specificity of its nuance and choose whatever color mostly fills that section of the painting. The result is a distortion.

Reality
250px-Mona_Lisa,_by_Leonardo_da_Vinci,_from_C2RMF_retouched.jpg

MBTI categories. After this low resolution image, people's brains then add back in the details based on their experiences and assumptions about each type. The result is a lack of understanding between people. That is why it is extremely important to continually take in new data points.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I like you, but I don't see INFP for you, don't ask me to expand.