• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is someone with a major personality disorder (or multi disorders) untypeable?

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
I question this because I (very unfortunately) was diagnosed with aspergers (and ADHD) when I was 4. And up until I was about 9 and a half (or 10? or 12? or 18? who fucking knows???) I'd say I was pretty disfunctional. I was so hyperactive to the point where I was out of control, sensitive to certain noises and smells, and apparently (according to my parents) "I had some social issues". Now, it seems like (although I can't be so sure) I have seriously and considerably outgrown some of, or maybe even all, of these awful symptoms, to the point where it may actually be possible that I never even had aspergers? But due to being so fucked up as a child, I find it hard looking back and trying to pinpoint my dominant function...which is probably why it has been so hard for me to type myself, despite some other people actually finding it easy to type me.

Has anyone thought of this before? If I have AS, is it possible that I just cannot be typed accurately (aka not typed at all?) If so, that's really depressing, considering the fact that jungian typology is something I am interested in!

If there is a similar thread pertaining to this topic, merge this into that thread and/or lock this thread*

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
I had a friend who had borderline personality disorder. She was INFJ.

W

WALMART

What is your biggest interest in life? Try to be semi-specific, or go into detail.

To answer the question... I don't know. I wanna say everyone is typable, lolz.

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
What is your biggest interest in life? Try to be semi-specific, or go into detail.

To answer the question... I don't know. I wanna say everyone is typable, lolz.

God....I don't know. I got really depressed for 3 years (and still think I might be in that black hole spiraling me into insanity for moderate periods of time) which depleted most or even all of my interests. That could also be a broad question - could it be something that I am passionate about, like a hope or dream of mine, or a interest or hobby of mine, like weather, or even MBTI?

G

Ginkgo

Not necessarily. Enneagram probably applies to more people than MBTI, though.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have many traits of the Schizotypal Personality Disorder, and my insane threads linked via signature are the ultimate testament to how super-powered it has made my amazing mind! :happy2:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have mental disorder and a learning disability and was developmentally delayed. And I'm INFP up the wazoo

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My mom's got Borderline Personality Disorder, but beneath the behavior/thought patterns around that issue, she's still quite clearly a classic ISFJ.

I think perhaps it depends on the illness, & perhaps the people trying to type the person, as well. Some people can't see the forest for the trees, so they try to type solely based on limited understanding/observations of overt behaviors that mainly illustrate the disorder, not the patterns, the person, underneath. I think it might prove more difficult, especially if the person doesn't really have a consistent sense of self, but not impossible. Just have to sit back & observe. For awhile.

Trick with typing anyone is not to overthink it. This shit's just theory, for kicks. Not absolute. Broad and unspecific to some extent. Seeing it that way clears up a lot of fog for me.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here are some correlations with MBTI scales and personality disorders:

PutLn6T.jpg

no * means no statistically significant correlation, * means little correlation and ** means strong correlation. higher the number(either positive or negative) stronger the correlation. -numbers mean just the letter on the left side(E, S, T and J) and positive numbers mean the letters on the right(I, N, F and P). for example people with antisocial PD most often test as NTP, but I/E isnt correlated.

if someone doesent understand correlation properly, its not referring to any causality or anything like that, its just a statistical analysis of how often some two factors appear together.