First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    Once the novel is written, the author must either become an entrepreneur and self-publish or become a literary salesperson and convince an existing company to buy the book. What cognitive functions come into play here?
    JK Rowling can't have used Extrovert sensation to convince publisher for Her Novel to be published.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    9w8

@ It's been so long since I posted this thread. I had, of course, forgotten all about it. However, I have learned much about depth psychology (and still only scratch the surface) since I posted these things. My understanding on Se and Si are different now as are my understandings of most of the functions and how they operate. I'm not sure how J.K. Rowling convinced her publisher to accept her novel. My guess is, without looking up her own words about it, is that someone read the first book and recognized that it would resonate with people and that people would value it and that it would give them a good reading experience.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14