• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best comedians

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
It comes with no surprise that the most common comedians are ENTPs.

Traits of a comedian: Non-dignified, insensitive, ingenious use of analogies, cerebrally quick, endless ideas to explore.
Whether these traits are morally detestable, it works as its own stage persona. Even non-ENTP comedians project themselves as ENTPs. As an ENFP writing my own standup material, the biggest task for myself is to renounce my conscience. I still have a rather small fear of being judged, if not for what I'm saying, then by my performance and delivery. ENTPs simply don't care.

I do think other types are good comedians, but sans training ENTPs steal the show.

Anyone else write comedy?
And do you think specific enneagram types are predisposed to creative humour?

W

WALMART

I still have the mind of George Carlin being ISTP, undoubtedly the greatest stand up comic of all time... Dave Chappelle being a close second, another I suspect to be ISTP with a solid ENTP persona built up.

But yeah, I agree, the ENTP stage persona is highly desirable in the realm of comedy.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree, ENTPs seem to make the best comedians.

Enneagram wise, I'd say 7w6 or 6w7.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not a fan of either of their work, but I do think they are clever in their own way. I had no idea Dave would be an ISTP but I came across one of his interviews and I think I can agree. He uses introverted Thinking.

I think Dane Cook is ESTP and Chris Rock might be ESFP.

My favourites have always been Steven Colbert and Sarah Silverman styles. Dry, harsh... love it and want it.

Burger King

Greg Giraldo

There's no beating around the bush. He simply tears through flesh and keeps going. He fits the entp archetype. He's what Tony Stark would look like as a comedian. Give me his powers.

W

WALMART

I like that Carlin and Chappelle both have seriously deep currents running through their sets, it's like they use their platform as a voice to inform as well as a medium to entertain. Stephen Colbert is the same, coincidentally another comedian I treasure.

I think Silverman is a variant of NF and the other two, Dane Cook and Chris Rock, to be... perhaps sorts of Ne types. It's hard to tell, because I really don't like going off stage persona, but I can't find anything where they're not in character. Maybe that is their true selves?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Greg Giraldo

There's no beating around the bush. He simply tears through flesh and keeps going. He fits the entp archetype. He's what Tony Stark would look like as a comedian. Give me his powers.

He was pretty damn cool.

Louis CK is awesome. He's usually typed as an INFP.

Nicodemus

My knowledge of and interest in comedians is fairly limited, but I do find the aged Stewart Lee pretty good.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Irrelevant. Dane Cook is a terrible comedian. I'm ashamed to say that I have, and at one point actively enjoyed, his album 'Retaliation'.
I was just naming comedians of other types but I'm no fan of him either lol.

Since we're listing comedians... I forgot to name Anthony Jesselnick. He is totally underrated and one BAD MOTHERFUCKER ENTP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjcz-BFFR2o
Plus he's a babe.

Porcelain Hearts

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Greg Giraldo

I loved his roasts!!! :happy2:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, I'd say ENTPs are pretty funny.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I had to return a dog crate which was too small for the dog. This was way too mundane of an activity for my preference, and I knew I had to prevent certain boredom-induced insanity.

I sat the empty crate on the counter at the pet store and looked sternly at the clerk. I informed her that I was returning the dog because it had become invisible.

Ok, maybe I didn't succeed at preventing boredom-induced insanity, but it was worth a shot.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Aww...but, hey, they help. I mean where would Jim Carey be without a rubber face?

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Haha...yeah, I guess that's right.

On a side note, I think his face is made out of rubber.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eddie Izzard is very, very, very much an ENTP

Ellen Degeneres could be an NF - perhaps ENFJ?

Dmitri Martin seems very INTP.

I also think there are a number of STP comedians - the ones that focus on visceral and crude humor.

Is Jim Carrey an ENTP? I think he probably is. His early career seemed really ESTP because his humor was so visceral, but his later career gets unexpectedly philosophical and abstract.

S

Stansmith

The archetypical comedian is an xNxP 6w5. Woody Allen, Louis CK, Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock and George Carlin are all xNxP 6s.