• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Always needing more solid information?

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Is there a correlation between MBTI types and always needing more solid information?

Off the top of my head I would say the most obvious ones are S types in general because nearly all of the information I have read points towards sensing types always asking for more information to confirm that they are correct in what they know or understand.

This is especially noteworthy in areas of education.

However I find that with this theory most people will be asking for more information since there is no solid ground to stand on besides group agreement on what a type constitutes. From this angle any type could be a seeker of more information in a situation of little confirmation.

Despite this S appears to be the fact-checker of the situation whereas N is the certain-speculator. I'm generalising of course and I could go into more detail with the functions but I didn't want to wall of text people too much.

Besides that could make up an interesting discussion later on.

Thoughts?

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Definitely a correlation with S.

Btw, I thought you were ISFJ.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Needing solid foundations upon which to build a model is more related to extraverted thinking than past-reference points of introverted sensing, or present experiences of extraverted sensing, at least I think that's how it works...

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so
Hey, I always need a bit more solid information.
I hear you! I can be like this too. It was meant to be a question although I ended it with the wrong punctuation mark. lol, you definitely come off as very ISFJ in my opinion :)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A type description without examples or at least specifics is a cruel one, but like you say, potentially impossible. That could be why I've had such a hard time typing by them.

This is especially noteworthy in areas of education.
This was embarrassing in school for me, and it went on to become embarrassing at work. People with this trait risk losing out in school if they are afraid to ask all of the fact questions they need, fearing they have too many and will look incompetent, suck up too much of the teacher's time, etc. In primary and secondary, I sucked it up and did what I had to do to maintain my points, but burnt out in college.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i would put it this way; solid information is something that everyone needs for their sense of reality to be at least somehow related to whats happening. when it comes to functions, for example intuition, it needs some solid information to form the intuitions, or else it doesent have anything to work with. but when it comes to sensing, its more that sensing is what gives you the ability to take in this information. when it comes to functions in extraverted attitude, they all relate to sensations and thus require more solid and concrete information, as thats what makes the E functions tick. functions in introverted attitude on the other hand can work more with abstract concepts(which pretty much has to be derived from processing of solid information in the past) and not require as much solid evidence for everything.

also i think that while there might be correlation with this and some types, this sort of stuff is also effected by personal experiences growing up(nurture) rather than just the type(nature).