• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Power of introversion

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it as she says - that our work ans school environments are structured all around extroversion?

It seems introversion is much more accepted than it was 20 years ago.

E

Epiphany

I read her book and related to a lot of it, which is probably because she identifies as an INFP. Regarding your question, yes, I think educational institutions are geared more toward extroversion. Too much emphasis is placed on public speaking too.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it as she says - that our work ans school environments are structured all around extroversion?

I think that schools and work could do with a lot more introversion. I as an Extravert didn't like working in groups at school and still don't like working in groups at work. And like she said, it's for the very reason that when we do brainstorming in a group atmosphere...everyone's answers start to look similar. Aslo the introverts may have good answers but feel uncomfortable to share. I very much like what she had to say. I myself have recently been thinking more about what "the greats" did and do believe that ideas and creativity come from going off alone and sitting in silence. I have been conciously making more time to go off and let my Ni run wild cause it always results in a feeling of fulfillment. Creativity is the number one way to make one happy.

I'm not sure about introversion being more acceptable now or not, undecided.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I think this depends greatly upon the school, the teachers, the country etc....

For example at my schools growing up there was no show and tell or having to get out in front of the class and talk.

Honor

girl with a pretty smile
MBTI Type
?
Instinctual Variant
so

I read her book and related to a lot of it, which is probably because she identifies as an INFP. Regarding your question, yes, I think educational institutions are geared more toward extroversion. Too much emphasis is placed on public speaking too.

It can make a big difference whether the teachers one ends up in the care of are introverts or extroverts. I'd wholeheartedly agree, though, that in general, it's a massive advantage to be an extrovert in the public school system. Just unraveling social dynamics itself is much easier if one tends to engage with people and enjoy it.