• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Blatant discrimination: your favorite and least favorite MBTI types of mate

G

Glycerine

If I end up with an male version of my INFP mother....:peepwall:

Most INFPs seem to argue that INFP profile is inaccurate but it just happens to fit my mom to a tee.

Also, the sickly sweet variety of ESFJ guys would annoy the shit out of me.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have not had enough mates to comprise a statistically significant sampling, hence any conclusions I would draw either way would be unfounded. My best anecdotal evidence is a many-year, still going strong relationship with my INTP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FPs are the best, followed by INTJs

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some of these conclusions are based on a small sample (sometimes a single person), some rely heavily on intuition and/or subjective logic; and with that said I have complete freedom to say anything without being called a typist.

ISTP - Hot. Expects people to know what she is expecting. Rarely takes initiative, but often waits for me to take the initiative just to suggest the opposite. Opinionated, but seems to assume her points are obvious enough not to require any further elaboration. Doesn't like Ne-based humor.

ESTP - Hot. Fun. Non-judgemental and not afraid to speak her mind, so you always know what to expect. Realist. Naughty. Able to make things sexual very fast. Likes dark humor. Low monogamic potential.

ESFP - Great conversationalists and story tellers. A different opinion on a sensitive topic can easily be taken as a disregard for her values - don't go there. Able to sound wise + act stupid and also sound stupid + act wise in an absurd frequency. Unreliable. Doesn't deal well with boundaries.

ISTJ - Loyal. Consistent. Overly conventional, and implicitly expects people to be like that.

ESFJ - Cute, caring, but most of their words register as white noise. Religious. Reliable. Liked by everyone. Great smiles.

ENFP - Demands too much attention. Jokes contain pure randomness, but few substance. Flaky.

INFP - Fun. Able to discuss things on a deep level. Never takes the initiative and likes to be chased. In order to know their intentions, you need to put on a lot of effort.

INFJ - Hard to make her open up. Passive. Seems pretty literate, but kinda bad at sharing knowledge.

ENFJ - Cute and caring like ESFJs, with the added bonus that they often say intellectually stimulant things. Less ambitious and more idealistic. Wise. Spiritual.

INTP - Hot. Smart. Nerdy. Aspie tendencies. Egocentric. Inexperienced.

Based on my limited experience, the winners would be ESTP* and ENFJ**.

*open relationship or friends w/ benefits
**exclusive relationship

Loser: ESFP

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
ENFP's

"ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EME"

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
My favorite type of person to date would be one who one would allow me be myself, and would not expect me to behave in only one manner (I'd look for intelligence, fun, honesty and compassion). The rest should be self-explanatory.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm never closed to any type, but I have mental hurdles to get past with these types:

INFJ - Whiny. Self-absorbed. Delusional. Victim Mentality. Snobby. Makes people walk on eggshells, then they act like they're a martyr. Hypocritical. Never as smart as they sell themselves to be. Have to express their "insights" in a vague & brief yet complicated manner because close inspection shows they're shallow. Kind of like me, but with organized closets & lack of humility. Never make me laugh (it's sad when I'm the funny one). Kills them to give a compliment to someone else that doesn't really flatter their own supposed generosity. I could write a book on the downsides....

ENFJ - Never gets past flirtatious banter which is awesome enough to keep me hanging around awhile. Once in awhile they toss you a nugget of wisdom, but then half the time it's something they read somewhere else. Love their gurus too much; talk in "we" style making them weirdly impersonal & yet sappy at the same times. Rip-off other people's cleverness & depth. So much promise, so little delivered. Still kind of want one :wubbie: .

INTJ - they get smitten, I'm intrigued...then it doesn't go anywhere. Not sure why. Could work if physical attraction, compatible beliefs/goals & common interests aligned, and if we both didn't have a tendency to fall off the face of the earth out of contact with people for weeks or months on end. Seen enough INTJ/INFP couples who seem thrilled with each other to keep me open to it.

INTP - too argumentative, so much bias they can't see out of their butt, often lack empathy, always want me to be their therapist (NO, I cannot spend my life teaching male INTPs how to get in touch with their feelings). Grooming habits are sketchy. Ability to financially support themselves is questionable. May think verbal/emotional abuse is funny. This one is sad because INTPs also: can give the cutest, most genuine, creative compliments; can be so playful & clever & definitely seem like they want to create a secret little world with their SO (YES, me too); are the only people as obsessed with theories & the books they read as me, and who actually want to talk about it & take it too seriously.

ESTP - Just started dating one. Wonder how we share the same planet. Concerned how this will end, because I cannot see it going off into the sunset. "Fun fun fun til daddy takes the t-bird away". I always think of Beach Boy's songs with ESTPs - shallow, but catchy & undeniably fun.The ESTP told me a mushy story intended to make an ISFJ melt (not MY cold Fi heart), and all I could think about was "The Benjamin Franklin Effect". Debated sharing my thoughts on it. Decided not to. See a future where all my theoretical musings are repressed because I'm too nice to torture someone with them when they don't care about such ideas. They always seemed bummed out that I don't "do" a lot. "What do you like to do?" says the ESTP. "Why, I enjoy pouring over literature & poetry by the seaside, " says me. ESTP scoffs, "No, I mean what do you like to DO. BTW, I hate reading".

ESFP - Pretty much the same as ESTP, but with more emotional depth. Because of righteous Fi (love my FPs!), they often will tolerate some theory talk if it seems meaningful & related to human relationships. Make better buddies than romantic partners.

ESTJ - Despite probably having a lower IQ than me, they always want to instruct me. This will only work if we're naked all the time.

ISTJ - As long as they don't insist on being too boring & too obsessed with me, maybe.

ISTP - Too dumb. Mutual repulsion.

ISFP/INFP - too masturbatory/incestuous

Just can't see it happening: ENTP, ISFJ (dad & mom, basically).

I know this is about MBTI, but enneagram types I'm also wary of:

5 - Their constant drivel about the nature of the universe & pretentious, condescending attitude towards me & my interest in makeup is tiresome. Even if the conversations go where they don't with most, a glorious place of theory & dry passion, I just don't have the energy for the spats or the skin for the insensitive jabs. Oddly enough, they require a massive amount of emotional energy for people who seem to offer it scantily. Often overlaps with INTPs; see "wants me to be their therapist/teach them how to feel & open up emotionally".

3 - I am not a trophy. I don't & won't exist to validate their good looks, talent, smarts or success. If only they weren't so good at being charming (see ENFJs).

7 - I am not a novelty. Happily, I grow tired of them before they bore of me. I WILL depress them & they WILL exhaust me. But I'm not totally closed to this one either.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP's

"ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EMEME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME MEM EME"

MEME

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here are some more things that bug me about dating an INFP.

Terrible sense of humor, because their humor always has to serve some "cause".

Want "what's best" for me regardless of what I actually want, despite me having told them this 5 zillion times. For all their supposed empathy, they do a remarkably shitty job of listening and assume they know you better than you know yourself.

Complain about my messiness despite the fact they always have to clear shit off their bed before they can sleep on it.

Can't keep promises.

Judgemental, always dismissing others based on the stupidest, most arbitrary shit imaginable. This judgemental attitude towards others is really odd coming from a type that claims to be empathetic.

Are always trying to "make me a better person"' (i.e., make me more like them) regardless of what actually works for me and what I need.

Will nag me about something if I don't want to do what they want me to do, but insist that "it's your decision".

Hmm, I think I'll want to stay away from INFPs in the future.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay I'll play, and I don't think this applies to entire categories.

I tend to adore NPs for their imaginative, easy going spirit, but then when I get close with some of them I hit that hard, jaw-droppingly judgmental center based on their Fi-Si or Ti-Si loopage which makes them assume their personal experience can be universalized to justify distorted, deep prejudices. One remembered my hair as being incredibly thick as a child, and therefore it was. Another assumed I didn't love my dog. Another preaches at me on the phone because I'm not religious, while still another rages over politics insulting anyone associated with the left, but I wouldn't dare say anything negative about their position. Several love to tell me what I think and feel, never considering that it might make sense to actually listen and consider that what I say about my thoughts and feelings could ve relevant. A few more just cut me off with mysterious distance that can feel judgmental, but which I can never determine, so I just keep responding and interacting on their terms, continually feelings this underlying sense of rejection. Others have listened to my deepest pain and continued to treat me the same way because they have their own internal idea about why I was hurt. Okay, so I realize that these are just my own experiences with people who are supposedly NP, and even though I don't think this is even necessarily an NP trait and I am not entirely convinced of MBTI, I just decided to give into the rant because I really like the people who do this to me, so it is rather frustrating. I don't think as badly of them as they do of me. My only issue is when they judge me or try to control my inner world. Some just have a good solid center that isn't distorted, and some can recover from thinking the worst. I mostly adore them except for the being judged by them part. Give that up and there is no problem left.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ti-Si loopage which makes them assume their personal experience can be universalized to justify distorted, deep prejudices.

Heh, it's possible I'm doing this in this thread. In the interest of full disclosure, I've only dated one INFP, so a lot of the crap I was complaining about above may have nothing to do with being an INFP.

Standuble

Here are some more things that bug me about dating an INFP.

Terrible sense of humor, because their humor always has to serve some "cause".

Want "what's best" for me regardless of what I actually want, despite me having told them this 5 zillion times. For all their supposed empathy, they do a remarkably shitty job of listening and assume they know you better than you know yourself.

Complain about my messiness despite the fact they always have to clear shit off their bed before they can sleep on it.

Can't keep promises.

Judgemental, always dismissing others based on the stupidest, most arbitrary shit imaginable. This judgemental attitude towards others is really odd coming from a type that claims to be empathetic.

Are always trying to "make me a better person"' (i.e., make me more like them) regardless of what actually works for me and what I need.

Will nag me about something if I don't want to do what they want me to do, but insist that "it's your decision".

Hmm, I think I'll want to stay away from INFPs in the future.

I think they were probably just trolling you a little. The best thing to do is go and tell them to fuck themselves or use an equivalent. Whilst they may complain they may also consider the possibility your criticisms are just and mull it over - the quiet, introspective kind of mulling rather than melodrama and whining.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think they were probably just trolling you a little. The best thing to do is go and tell them to fuck themselves or use an equivalent. Whilst they may complain they may also consider the possibility your criticisms are just and mull it over - the quiet, introspective kind of mulling rather than melodrama and whining.

Why would they want to troll me?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heh, it's possible I'm doing this in this thread. In the interest of full disclosure, I've only dated one INFP, so a lot of the crap I was complaining about above may have nothing to do with being an INFP.
I think we all do it, but having an awareness of doing it at least leaves it at the blowing off steam stage rather than full-fledged distorted reasoning. Some people get so invested in their assumptions there is nothing that can be done except wait it out, as they meet more people and learn about life. We all have internal models of the world, and probably most of us have at least partly-mixed-up models, so I think the most important thing is having some way to revise thinking. You are probably pretty good at that. I wasn't thinking of your post at all when I made mine.

I don't know about your situation, but we've had some pretty slap-happy trollish folk on these sites that have been INFP or INTP. The most successful and enduring ones tend to be NPs. I think the J's get banned earlier on because they don't mix it up as much.

Edit: Some might not be trying to troll, but just telling unbridled "universal truths". Sometimes either approach can result in banning. ha!

Standuble

It's because of the Fi. It's a dictator and its word is law. It may evaluate a situation as one which needs taking apart in the most dramatic way impossible - perhaps so one or more parties can achieve some insight in the heightened moment which would help them extra perspectives to refine themselves or their lives. Perhaps the Fi needs psychological or sociological data about the human condition so it is tells the user to run an experiment so it can evaluate it for future reference. Perhaps the user is a bit of a douche and the Fi says it is required to make their bland existence more interesting.

Whatever the Fi orders they are compelled to obey it. Fortunately it can work the other way too where to troll would be an unacceptable violation of what you actually want. It hates whim, fakery, decadence and emotion which it did not give its blessing for.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I've dated enough people to really judge this :shrug:
I could speak theoretically on what types I may or may not enjoy dating, but I couldn't say for sure and it wouldn't be fair to judge a whole type based on some ex I'm bitter towards either.

I do tend to go for SP guys though.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I've dated enough people to really judge this :shrug:
I could speak theoretically on what types I may or may not enjoy dating, but I couldn't say for sure and it wouldn't be fair to judge a whole type based on some ex I'm bitter towards either.

I do tend to go for SP guys though.

You have missed the point of the thread.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFPs are lovely. I just can't follow them where they go. INFJs I don't want to follow. Because that world. Doesn't. Exist. With the ENFJ, it's mutual. They smell a rat, and I need to run before their poison takes hold. ENFP, save me from the other NFs!

ESFJ are not worth the effort for either of us. The adjustment period is way too long to bother with unless we're in a work situation and have no choice. ISFJ, good as a casual friend. You know, people whose thoughts and feelings you never really need to know anything about. ISTJ is a pal. ESTJ, mutual disinterest.

ISXP relationships are cool but just not verbal enough. ESTP moves a little too fast, but maybe someday I'll move faster myself. If that day comes, I'll come running. ESFP, <3. Let me give you a hug hey where did you go?

ENTJ and INTJ: it won't work out unless they're into bestiality. Arf, arf! INTPs are one of the best if over forty years old.

But ENTPs follow me. We will sniff each other out like dogs, no matter how improbable the context. We always find each other.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's because of the Fi. It's a dictator and its word is law. It may evaluate a situation as one which needs taking apart in the most dramatic way impossible - perhaps so one or more parties can achieve some insight in the heightened moment which would help them extra perspectives to refine themselves or their lives. Perhaps the Fi needs psychological or sociological data about the human condition so it is tells the user to run an experiment so it can evaluate it for future reference. Perhaps the user is a bit of a douche and the Fi says it is required to make their bland existence more interesting.

Whatever the Fi orders they are compelled to obey it. Fortunately it can work the other way too where to troll would be an unacceptable violation of what you actually want. It hates whim, fakery, decadence and emotion which it did not give its blessing for.

Fi does seem dictatorial to me, actually, which is what I find off-putting about it. The only way to deal with Fi is to either submit, escape, or ignore. I feel like I have no way of pushing for my point of view. It's not that I expect to come out 100%, but it just feels like I'm not being listened to at all. I know how to get through to Ti doms. I'm not even sure if it's possible to get through to a Fi dom. Please tell me I'm wrong.

Standuble

Fi does seem dictatorial to me, actually, which is what I find off-putting about it. The only way to deal with Fi is to either submit, escape, or ignore. I feel like I have no way of pushing for my point of view. It's not that I expect to come out 100%, but it just feels like I'm not being listened to at all. I know how to get through to Ti doms. I'm not even sure if it's possible to get through to a Fi dom. Please tell me I'm wrong.

I would say they are sort of listening to you and sort of not. Whilst they may be defiantly pushing forward with FiTe the Ne is asking whether you are right or not or it will do so after the person spends time alone. I don't think many INFPs would show or express this uncertainty but they are aware of it. She may eventually see your point of view and agree with it but feel embarassed to admit it, probably hoping the dust will settle in regards to the problems her now defunct position caused so she can approach the situation from the new angle without losing face.

In regards to the above however she cannot stray far from the Fi however the Fi can adjust and move itself so it is positioned in "your camp" so to speak. There is no standard likelihood of this occuring (it may not occur at all) and some parts of her cannot change. Guess its the human condition.