• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Blatant discrimination: your favorite and least favorite MBTI types of mate

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I have a history of clashing with people who type as ISFP, but I don't have a favorite type. I just either like individuals or I don't. Idk. I guess I have an unintentional track record of finding myself into INTJs? That means so many different things to people though, that I really can't see the logic in counting that as a collective thing. In other words, if there is no firmly collective definition of what makes someone an INTJ, then why am I counting it as something when there is a pattern of there being several INTJs?

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Favorite types: INTP and ISFP. Least favorite types: ENFP and ENTP. I have a love-hate relationship with ENFPs; the same cannot be said about ENTPs.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Favorite types: INTP and ISFP. Least favorite types: ENFP and ENTP. I have a love-hate relationship with ENFPs; the same cannot be said about ENTPs.

Aww thanks lol, much appreciated :)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Favorites: TPs, and ITJs.

Least favorite: FP, FJ (except for Lumi, shes my favorite.)

But I do not really care what your type is when I judge whether or not I like you. It more depends on your character.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’m also biased towards INFJs in the competency triad of the enneagram (INFJ 1s, 3s, and 5s). I can’t really relate to INFJs that are not a competency core type (2,4,6, and 9). I would get along with an INFJ 1 (shared moralism and work ethic), INFJ 3s (shared achievement-orientation), and INFJ 5s (shared love for knowledge). INFJ 4s I cannot relate to at all. 4s just focus too much on their emotions and not enough on tasks.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’m also biased towards INFJs in the competency triad of the enneagram (INFJ 1s, 3s, and 5s). I can’t really relate to INFJs that are not a competency core type (2,4,6, and 9). I would get along with an INFJ 1 (shared moralism and work ethic), INFJ 3s (shared achievement-orientation), and INFJ 5s (shared love for knowledge). INFJ 4s I cannot relate to at all. 4s just focus too much on their emotions and not enough on tasks.

I am a 4w5, but being a Ti dom makes it very difficult for me to relate to 4s of the F variety (as well). Which is kinda interesting. I've really been thinking about what makes me different from feeling types in our expression of 4. This also has to do with why people don't think I am 4 at first too.

I strongly relate to 5, 1, and 3s as well.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
I don't know that I have a least favorite, since I don't really go around typing the people I'm around everyday. But I'm a magnet for ENFP's apparently, somehow my closest friends always end up being ENFPs.

On a very biased note, I'm not fully sure of my ex's type. He probably used Te the most, and while we hit it off at first, things went downhill quickly. (I was almost always mad at him, lol.)

Black Sun

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Favorites:

ISTJ: Their tertiary Fi makes them very interesting, brooding characters. When they embrace their Ne, they're actually very witty and funny.

ESTJ: Like a protective big sibling figure. Has a no-nonsense attitude that I can appreciate, wants to get stuff done. Diligent, passionate, and surprisingly spontaneous.

ENTP: They really are trolls. They have that Ti-ish blunt wit, but their Fe makes them reel it in and they have a warm and friendly vibe. Their Ne makes them fun to talk about ideas with, and having Si in their stack also gives them a grounded feel.

Least favorites:

INTJ: I just feel awkward talking to these guys. I like deep talks, but they want me to elaborate on everything I say and it's like did I see say something wrong?

ISFP: They sound good from description, sensual artistic creatures. But I think the combo of Fi and lack of Ne that makes them seem so....set in their ways. They're just hard to get through to.

ESTP: I've never gotten along with these guys. I think it's the Fi polr(which ENTPs have too, but Ne makes up for it), coupled with the Ses' impulsiveness.

ENFP: This one's weird, cause ENFP men come off as pure but with a lot of ENFP women their Ne and Te makes them seem rather in-your-face.

Types like ENFJ and INFJ I'm more neutral about, but I've noticed that I prefer people who share the same perceiving axis as me. Like Ne users, I like talking about ideas with them better than Ni users because we bounce ideas off each other and the conversation flows better. When I do it with Ni users, it feels more drawn out and awkward. I don't really have a preference between Fe/Fi and Te/Ti, although I do tend to click with thinking types better.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Favorites:

ISTJ: Their tertiary Fi makes them very interesting, brooding characters. When they embrace their Ne, they're actually very witty and funny.

ESTJ: Like a protective big sibling figure. Has a no-nonsense attitude that I can appreciate, wants to get stuff done. Diligent, passionate, and surprisingly spontaneous.

ENTP: They really are trolls. They have that Ti-ish blunt wit, but their Fe makes them reel it in and they have a warm and friendly vibe. Their Ne makes them fun to talk about ideas with, and having Si in their stack also gives them a grounded feel.

Least favorites:

INTJ: I just feel awkward talking to these guys. I like deep talks, but they want me to elaborate on everything I say and it's like did I see say something wrong?

ISFP: They sound good from description, sensual artistic creatures. But I think the combo of Fi and lack of Ne that makes them seem so....set in their ways. They're just hard to get through to.

ESTP: I've never gotten along with these guys. I think it's the Fi polr(which ENTPs have too, but Ne makes up for it), coupled with the Ses' impulsiveness.

ENFP: This one's weird, cause ENFP men come off as pure but with a lot of ENFP women their Ne and Te makes them seem rather in-your-face.

Types like ENFJ and INFJ I'm more neutral about, but I've noticed that I prefer people who share the same perceiving axis as me. Like Ne users, I like talking about ideas with them better than Ni users because we bounce ideas off each other and the conversation flows better. When I do it with Ni users, it feels more drawn out and awkward. I don't really have a preference between Fe/Fi and Te/Ti, although I do tend to click with thinking types better.

I am an exception to your rule!?!? O:

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am an exception to your rule!?!? O:

You're an intense one, but I still like you better than the other ones I've met, so you're an exception. There was one at work that I liked at first, and I remember this time where I was asking a question about a label and then she just pulled it of and stuck it on me and I felt so awkward...I could have laughed if we were friends, but we weren't so I just stood there for awhile. They're just more extroverted versions of me so I figured we'd get along, but nah. They're hyper nerdy girls, and I'm the nervous laughter.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're an intense one, but I still like you better than the other ones I've met, so you're an exception. There was one at work that I liked at first, and I remember this time where I was asking a question about a label and then she just pulled it of and stuck it on me and I felt so awkward...I could have laughed if we were friends, but we weren't so I just stood there for awhile. They're just more extroverted versions of me so I figured we'd get along, but nah. They're hyper nerdy girls, and I'm the nervous laughter.

I cannot promise you I don't randomly decide to rub a balloon on your head for fun. XD

tbecket

INFJs, INTJs, and ISFJs are people with whom I usually build friendships; we understand each other easily. For me, there's nobody more attractive than calm, logical people, who are curious, philosophical and respect others' opinions, and I've met such people exactly among those types.
There are no particular types I would dislike; I do, however, feel antipathy towards people who persistently try to influence one's mood (like the ones who will tell you to relax or smile when you don't feel like it), are overly emotional or inconsistent. There are also types I find intriguing but am kinda afraid of: INTP, INFP, ESTP, ENTP and ENFP (seems to be quite a long list, lol). They always can tell something interesting to think about & are creative, but we usually just don't get along.
(Not yet sure of my type. It feels like as a child I used to be an ESFJ, who, however, grew into some intuitive introvert)

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Reading this thread, It is the reason why I find the Dating market to be usualy filled with very shallow people.