• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unobservant people

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
im pretty sure it has a lot to do with what functions you have developed, not what functions you naturally prefer over one. i consider myself having pretty well developed Si for several reasons(mainly hobbies i have had and people i have been around when growing up).

True, good point.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
This is a trait of people who have the tendency to outwardly express their every thought or feeling in the moment rather than introspecting. Some people are "fleeting" in the sense that they go from thought to thought or action to action, all in the moment as they are occurring and they express or verbalize this process to various degrees. The main thing is that they are less inclined to introspect first. Doing this makes them feel happy and energized too.

I actually disagree with this.

To me, being unobservant is not about being an Se- or Si-user. Rather, I'd say being unobservant or absentminded is a trait of extreme introversion. (So I suppose it would technically be more for Si-doms than Se-doms).

As an Si-dom, I don't really do what is described in the OP in that I don't tend to lose things and complain about not finding them. It's that I'm just not aware of my surroundings.

Sometimes I'll have conversations that go like this:
Person: Hey did you notice blah blah blah??
Me: No...
Person: Oh well what about what so-and-so was doing??
Me: Uh...no...

Other times it's like I forget what is happening or what I just did. In my chemistry class, I've hooked experiments up backwards and dumped acid behind me because I forgot there was still liquid inside.

Edit: Oh and just now I was looking for a bottle of pop everywhere in the kitchen and I couldn't find it. I went upstairs to do something, came back downstairs, and found it sitting right in the center of the table. D'oh!

For a sensor, I'm really quite a terrible one.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

To me, being unobservant is not about being an Se- or Si-user. Rather, I'd say being unobservant or absentminded is a trait of extreme introversion. (So I suppose it would technically be more for Si-doms than Se-doms).

As an Si-dom, I don't really do what is described in the OP in that I don't tend to lose things and complain about not finding them. It's that I'm just not aware of my surroundings.

Other times it's like I forget what is happening or what I just did. In my chemistry class, I've hooked experiments up backwards and dumped acid behind me because I forgot there was still liquid inside.

Edit: Oh and just now I was looking for a bottle of pop everywhere in the kitchen and I couldn't find it. I went upstairs to do something, came back downstairs, and found it sitting right in the center of the table. D'oh!

Hm. If that's true, then it must be a particular kind of introversion. It's not an extreme kind by just MBTI standards, because my mom and probably some of the other posters aren't. But interesting thought. Maybe it's different things for different people.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

That's understandable though, most of what people do is completely uninteresting and not worth noting. I really dislike those loud people who seem to think that everyone is interested in what went on, or, (fuck me), their 'thoughts'. :ack!:

Good thing I am one of those people.