• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What types do the best imitations?

What types do the best imitations?

• Total voters

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What types do the best imitations? I mean imitating another person - the voice, intonation, gestures, etc.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wild guess here. Dominant Se?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to be good at this when I was younger. Or at least I thought I was.

I know an ISTJ and ENFP who are great at this.

G

garbage

Fe 3's. At least, they can imitate the environment/mindset of the folks in the room. :popc1:

S

Society

judging merely from people i know (assuming i typed them correctly): ENFJs hands down.

ISFPs seem to have their humor geared more towards it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know about accuracy, but I've won accolades for Sean Connery and Russell Crowe impression, as well as several stereotypical New York/Brooklyn characters.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been wondering this same thing! I'm great at it. I do it a lot for comic effect. I was thinking it had something to do with Fe.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been told Im excellent with imitations(by almost everyoe who knows me well).

W

WALMART

According to Frank Caliendo, the ones who practice. I wonder if it's not type related, but on a hunch - some sort of Ne/Te hybridization.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I work with an ESFP who does great vocal impressions... if I were to connect it to type, perhaps it's Fi empathy + Se picking up on nuances of sound, movement, etc. I would go with Se-dom in general though.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i dont know, but what i do know is that different types tend to imitate differently. if you take chapelle for example who is pretty clear Ne dom, he doesent make some ultra realistic and accurate imitations, but sort of imitates those things that make that person what he is, or at least his twisted version of it.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If best=most accurate, in theory Se-doms should have the upper hand. But I suspect the reality is much more complicated.

Pure accuracy may not mean best though.... sometimes the best impressions are just barely similar enough to get the point across.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Doesn't practice make perfect?

Imitations isn't exactly being creative and have little to do with real acting. Aside from the voice your born with having a great deal to do with the range of what you could potentially imitate, all other physical aspects are easily enough replicated.

I never done or tried to imitate someone else myself and I don't see why I should. Besides my voice is rather limited so I doubt I'd be any good at it myself. But hmmm, I don't think cognative functions are of considerable influence when it comes to imitating others.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Robert Downey Jr. does excellent on accents and also gained an oscar nomination for his role as Charlie Chaplin, mostly beacuse of the perfect imitation of Chaplin's voice and posture.
Downey is a very artistic ENTP so far I know

I do also very good at accents, I hear that frequently. That's why I voted ENTP, but I guess ExxP 7s are generally good at it.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
ENTP and ESTP in my opinion, in no particular order. My imitations tickle people's funny bone but I don't know about other ENTJ's. Some other ENTJs I know have been decent, but not outright funny.

ENFJs I know (2 males) don't imitate anything - and the other one didn't laugh once when I showed him video of superbly funny imitations from the internet.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
BTW what type was George Carlin? His imitations included all the ideas from said person, all the vocabulary, but none of the voice or none of the mannerisms. GC seemed much like an I guy despite his great skill in performing arts.

teen rose

MBTI Type
INFP
I do them consciously well but even unconsciously like xerox when i don't want and i hate it.

teen rose

MBTI Type
INFP
If best=most accurate, in theory Se-doms should have the upper hand. But I suspect the reality is much more complicated.

Pure accuracy may not mean best though.... sometimes the best impressions are just barely similar enough to get the point across.

This! Same feeling. Otherwise how cud i imitate when iam an INFP?