• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What function do you ADMIRE the most?

S

Society

i'd say that before i knew of mbti or function theory, many of the mental patterns i loved and enjoyed the most in the few around me who had them i would in retrospect relate to Ni.

or i can go even further back to Se, when i was a kid and was quite hopeful on being an adventuring swashbuckler doing the coolest moves situational awareness could offer (the army proved otherwise).

but now.... i don't know, i almost see all the functions as psychological mechanisms, so in some aspects their value is aesthetic... i suppose Fi would be the hardest to code (software wise), so i am going to pick Fi on the merit of an unlikely challenge.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm not that big a fan of Ni. Seems like an unfair advantage, (fuck you minute variables in the birth of an individual). Magic solutions and 'AHA'? Pff.....However this is just jealousy.

Fe is useful, but only because Fe already exists in the first place and there are social structures built by it, needed to survive in a group, or at least exploit it.

Ti is fun, although I feel I fall short of understanding it most of the time but it makes me think and work hard in cognition, always a good thing. Besides it's a great function for philosophy and tearing through the holes in a concept or construct.

Fi at it's best looks like unadulterated human condition caring, looking right at the core of our beings. At it's worst it looks like petulant childishness, with rampant tantrums and foot stamping.

Si...is ok. I see it's necessity, although sometimes there are methodologies based around it that stress me something awful. Mainly repetitive tasks and people who recount the same things over and over, but maybe those people are just elderly. Can be far too attached to shoulds.

Se....generally I hate it outside of film character representations or those rugged survival types. It appears to me as one of the harbingers of the greatest flaws with some elements of popular culture...such as shallow 'I want it now' consuming culture, with ever changing flavours that result in an over-reliance on aesthetics and the superficial. Not to mention those annoying people who seem to have a mental block where the future consequences of their actions are concerned...who then whine about their circumstances. Also everything has to be cool in their book or else it isn't worth considering...fuck me those kinds of kids are annoying....

That sounds unfair to Se though, so I will say I also equate it with those who have a brilliant view on the world that understands it's simplicity and complexity in those wonderful moments that are just worth experiencing, plus they can actually be quite comedic.

Te is also ok. It can be a fantastic logistics assessor and nothing else gears a person so well towards leadership in my opinion, however this comes at a price and that price is in a 'my way or the highway' mentality that can sometimes become so belligerent it leaves no room for other options except the Te ones. Also the creator of red tape....Although it cannot be beat for efficiency.

However like both thinking functions their ability to allow someone to assess the information available and cut out as much as possible the emotional influence or attachment to that information helps greatly to advance us as a species and get us closer to what could loosely be called the truth.

Ne. Always fun, hilarious and brilliant with it's insights and ideas. However also very exhausting and suffers from a bad case of the lazy's. Close joint second are the two thinking functions.

Frankly not much else to say....I suppose Ne wins it, despite me divulging the least amount of information in terms of my opinions about it.

ps: I also forgot to express my hatred for anyone who actually, sincerely, believes that they are significant, interesting, or individual in any way whatsoever...I mean honestly....eat some perspective. You are NOT outside the box, you ARE the box.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well admire is not the word i'd use but i sort of have some lustful feelings towards se...it seems so...invigorating...or something...like...all of your senses being alive and tingly and completely engaged....like being plugged in...physically...wow...i want some...:drool: