• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typological Anatomies of MBTIc Members

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
This thread is to test how well the MB types align with their assigned cognitive functions, interests, aptitudes, issues, probable Enneagram types and the J (left brain)/P (right brain) theory. I’m especially intrigued by anomalies; eg an INTP whose dominant function is Ni rather than Ti, an INFJ whose auxiliary function is Fi rather than Fe, an ESTP who writes Star Trek novels instead of beating up Trekkies ;).

Your MB type:

INXJ

The order of your function usage (free online test at cognitiveprocesses.com)/comments:

1) Ni (introverted intuition) excellent use
2) Ne (extraverted intuition) excellent use
3) Fi/Te (introverted feeling/extraverted thinking) good use
4) Si (introverted sensing) good use
5) Ti (introverted thinking) average use
6) Fe (extraverted feeling) limited use
7) Se (extraverted sensing) limited use.

My Fi may even be slightly higher than my Te.

The prominence of both N functions seems to fit, because I sometimes have focus problems (what people here have called the “ping pong” of Ne) and was a chronic daydreamer in school, often ridiculed for being spacey. I’m a voracious but rather slow reader because my mind frequently wanders in NiNe directions and I have to reread passages a lot.

I may be higher than average in some Ti areas, too; eg, I’m pretty good at chess, which I think is mostly Ti.

In any case my functions don’t perfectly match those of a textbook INTJ/INFJ, whose dominant and auxiliary functions are supposed to be Ni + Te or Fe.

Your Enneagram type (there are many free online tests if you don’t already know it):

5/heavy 4 wing. Can’t totally rule out 4/heavy 5 wing. Instincts: self pres 78%, sexual 78%, social 30%

Right or left brain/right or left handed?:

About even, depending on where Ni is really located (one theory has it in the left hemisphere; maybe it’s even outside the brain ;) ). Right-handed.

Artistic/creative mediums & issues:

Mainly writing. I’ve had fiction published on various webzines. Among other things, I used to draw comics when I was I kid and may possess some innate talent along those lines, but I never pursued it or other similar avenues far enough to be sure one way or the other. It wasn’t something encouraged by people around me and I viewed it and other creative/imaginative stuff as frivolous instead of taking them seriously. I’ve always had creative temperament issues, which unfortunately don’t necessarily equal talent.

Interests:

Fantasy/horror/sci fi, comics, TV, movies, music, personality typing :), psychology (esp. Jungian and post-Jungian/archetypal), mythology, fairy tales, geography/maps, quantum weirdness, paranormal/metaphysical stuff.

Other attributes/aptitudes:

Imaginative, creative (though not without self-doubt), theoretical, idea person, good at understanding multiple viewpoints, empathic, sensitive, critical, analytical, impractical, systematic, private, independent, misfit/outsider, good at self-expression, high emotional awareness, good organizational/clerical skills.

Issues that interfere with your goals:

Self-promotion, networking, “putting myself out there” and under personal scrutiny, etc. Lack of patience with red tape details and processes. Low confidence. Feeling like I don’t know enough and am not competent enough. Anxiety. Shame. Ongoing disappointment with the “real world” and failure to make connections. Over-identifying with emotions and moods. Existential nausea.

redacted

This thread is to test how well the MB types align with their assigned cognitive functions

MB types ARE the functions. there's no distinction to be made. as in, MB types align perfectly with their cognitive functions. otherwise, the type is wrong.

(i'm not necessarily saying the exact order of usage follows the model, but that if you are INTJ, for example, you use Ni, Te, Fi, and Se and are essentially unaware of Ne, Ti, Fe, and Si)

I’m especially intrigued by anomalies; eg an INTP whose dominant function is Ni rather than Ti, an INFJ whose auxiliary function is Fi rather than Fe, an ESTP who writes Star Trek novels instead of beating up Trekkies ;).

there's no such thing as an INTP whose dominant function is Ni, nor is there such a thing as an INFJ whose aux function is Fi. if you're an Ni dominant and your feeling is introverted, then you are by definition an INTJ.

Your MB type:

INXJ

The order of your function usage (free online test at cognitiveprocesses.com)/comments:

1) Ni (introverted intuition) excellent use
2) Ne (extraverted intuition) excellent use
3) Fi/Te (introverted feeling/extraverted thinking) good use
4) Si (introverted sensing) good use
5) Ti (introverted thinking) average use
6) Fe (extraverted feeling) limited use
7) Se (extraverted sensing) limited use.

My Fi may even be slightly higher than my Te.

be careful putting too much stock in the results of this test. it has a hard time distinguishing the direction of the functions. for example, Ni can score as Ne and vice versa.

The prominence of both N functions seems to fit, because I sometimes have focus problems (what people here have called the “ping pong” of Ne) and was a chronic daydreamer in school, often ridiculed for being spacey. I’m a voracious but rather slow reader because my mind frequently wanders in NiNe directions and I have to reread passages a lot.

it doesn't really make sense to think of having both Ne and Ni. i try to think of it like this: you have intuition, and it's either guided by internal motives/goals (Ni) or guided by data flow from the outside (Ne). this is of course not entirely binary, but one will dominate the other.

I may be higher than average in some Ti areas, too; eg, I’m pretty good at chess, which I think is mostly Ti.

chess skill is not necessarily Ti. i'd think Te users would actually be better because Te is directly interested in the external environment.

In any case my functions don’t perfectly match those of a textbook INTJ/INFJ, whose dominant and auxiliary functions are supposed to be Ni + Te or Fe.

based on your results, i'd say INTJ fits pretty well. almost every intuitor i've seen take the test scores high on Ne and Ni -- again, the test has a hard time distinguishing...

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
A discussion of nature vs. nurture would be appropriate.

For example I am an INTJ whose Fi (tertiary function) is well developed becuase of the environment I was raised in. The key here is: although I understand and can relate to others very well doing so, as many experts claim, does deplete my energy.

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Maybe those with higher introvert scores have better Fi?
I got excellent use for both thinking and intuition preferences as well as Introverted feeling.
Low use for Extraverted sensing.
And unused for Introverted sensing and Extraverted feeling.
But I think I fit my 'box' well enough, when I look at the descriptions, though people say a good memory is a "Si" thing, I have a pretty good memory.

I'm a left-hander and always score "Balanced" on those brain tests.

Though I'm not much of a science lover/master, it is interesting..I like theology and martial arts more.

dorareever

MBTI Type
INFP
I read that as "typical anatomies of MBTIc members"; as in "do INTJ's have the same hearts as INFP's?" only one way to know! *takes scalpel* :devil:

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
Your MB type:

INTP

The order of your function usage/comments:

1. Ti- Excellent Use
2. Ne- Excellent Use3. Ni- Good Use
4. Te- Good Use
5. Se- Average Use
6. Fi- Average Use
7. Si- Limited Use
8. Fe- Limited Use

Seems about right.

Your Enneagram type:

5w9, if that isn't "allowed", 5w4.

Right or left brain/right or left handed?:

Balanced brain, left handed.

Artistic/creative mediums & issues:

Writing and music. My excitement builds and wanes so quickly that I never end up creating anything. I get riled up about some idea or a melody, but I rarely follow through.

Interests:

Currently...

Cyberpunk/Sci-Fi/Near-Future/Speculative/Dystopian books, movies, and television.

Philosophy (only recently; I'm open to suggested texts, films, audio/video lectures, etc.)

Nostalgia (it's been strong as of late)

Music

ThinkGeek.com

Wired Magazine

Death Note!

Other attributes/aptitudes:

AT: Creative, apathetic, uninterested, indifferent, unpredictable in a controlled and self-aware way, selfish in a harmless way, hard to impress, funny...

AP: I'm a decent planner, a better tactician, but not really skilled in either respect, though. I'm good at summarizing. I can help people express their ideas if they're "stuck". I'm good at shocking and/or disturbing people (what fun!).

Issues that interfere with your goals:

The apathy and the looming boredom.

comicsgurl

MBTI Type
INFJ
It's a really interesting experiment - and I've experimented with the cognitive processes and its theories on other websites much in the same way - but I also hear what dissonance is saying. The preference for Ni or Ne supersedes the other cognitive preferences, because they lead the pack. Those cognitive processes are what drive your decision making skills, if your an Intuitive.

On the other hand, we're all the sums of parts. We can be many things and do many things. Those first four cognitive processes are what we do best, though - and they're our preferred functions. Does that mean we can't access other functions, and maybe we access some of the bottom four better than the tope four? No. But we do have a preference - and accessing and having a preference for - are two different things.

Anyway. Hope that makes sense. Good luck in your endeavors!