• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is Se or Ne more "Random"?

Is Se or Ne more "Random"?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's kind of like how in episode 1 of Yugioh he somehow "randomly" collects all 5 pieces of the puzzle to summon Exodia and all of the coming chaos!
Similarly, Se and Ne seem to create chaos out of random sequences, making them unpredictable; I'm wondering which is more random: Se or Ne?

Yu-Gi-Oh! Exodia Obliterate!

Standuble

For an external observer Ne would appear much more random than Se. Se draws from the single context - the immediate tangible environment which the observer would also be aware of. As randomness is by nature unpredictable Se would be less random as the observer can see why they observed what they observed. Ne however is multi-context which are linked together via abstraction. Unless the myriad of situations Ne is utilising has been observed or understood by the observer they won't understand why or how Ne has reached that point.

In actuality I think both are as casual and predictable as each other.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Methinks Ne lends itself towards a certain "connecting" of things, a sort of anti-random. Se is more of the pure chaos of living.

I

Infinite Bubble

It's kind of like how in episode 1 of Yugioh he somehow "randomly" collects all 5 pieces of the puzzle to summon Exodia and all of the coming chaos!

Yami is actually an Ni user, it just appears random because his intuition is introverted. He had a strategy all along. INFJ 8w9, I think.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know anything about that character, nor do I care, but Ne is more obviously random (to the outside observer; I don't think NPs necessarily experience themselves as random much at all), but Se certainly can be random too. The random aspect of Ne appears in SJs too, especially ESxJs with their humor. So randomness does not equal NP. With an NP, it's more of an entire way of being & seeing the world, not just wit.

To me, Ni types tend to attribute symbolic meaning to "random Se experience", and with inferior Ni, this tends to be an "everything happens for a reason" attitude which can look quite superstitious. For an NP, everything is not mysteriously connected to your individual experience (Si). Rather, general patterns emerge which disregard the little details as inconsequential to a larger meaning (ie. Si & Ne weed out that which is not impressive to them as meaningless).