• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you feel you're not up to your type?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I've lived through and thought of every MBTI test result I've gotten in the online tests - and they include every single of the 16 types except ISFJ and one other I can't remember. Now, I don't have bad self-esteem. I'm good. But, I understand you can get the idea.

You're an ENTP, but you're not quite the captain Jack.
You're an ENTJ, but you're not quite Napoleon. You're not the owner of multi-billion dollar corporation.
You're an ISFP, but not all of your life's moments are wonderful joyous contemplative appreciative miracles to celebrate the moments of life.

I might have gotten the examples wrong.

But anyway, do you feel being deficient compared to the high par that's set on your type description somewhere by someone?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. My Te aint up to par.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. I don't treat it as a description of how I'm supposed to act.

I treat it more as an approximation of how I am. If it ends up not fitting me that well, I suppose I would need to consider that I may be a different type.

I doubt I'm anything but INTP, though. Maybe, just maybe, I might be an ENTP or an INFJ, but I don't consider either one to be very likely. They don't fit as well.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well mine sure Isn't - which is why the thread came to be :)

Or, I'm trying to downplay my strong Te to make myself feel better about the hard instances of Te display. Who knows.

All you can do is your best :)

I struggle daily with getting mine to function properly...but I've seen it progress every so slowly, so hopefully I'll get there someday.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But anyway, do you feel being deficient compared to the high par that's set on your type description somewhere by someone?
Not really. I recognize the stereotype and hyperbole in many of the descriptions, and feel neither limited by it, nor compelled to live up to it. It is merely one window on my gifts and limitations, what I can capitalize on and what needs work.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm kind of an apathetic bitch and not a sweet pixie girl who tutors orphans from war-ravaged countries in her spare time. so yes.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
I'm a sensor and I walk into walls, drop everything, and generally don't pay attention to the world around me. :D

Don't worry about fitting into a box, dude.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I may very well not be up to the InTP type because I have a lot of ISTP traits, hence the small n (and some people even say I'm in a TiNi loop; this is madness) I'm way too much a geek!

W

WALMART

I don't think any two people really come from the same place regarding typology, unless they're regiurgitative types that use phrases like "chart the course" and also happen to be talking to someone who values the same author's work.

Concepts of type are or should be too dynamic to hinge any one perception on. So short answer: no.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not really. I mean, an INTP comparing himself to Einstein could easily feel inept in comparison, but mbti is not about comparing yourself to the all-time elite.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] Einstein was clearly a 5w4, which in and of itself puts him into a different category, albeit a less intellectual and more artsy one.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION] Einstein was clearly a 5w4, which in and of itself puts him into a different category, albeit a less intellectual and more artsy one.
Yet, he beats me on both categories. Not cool. :mad:

The way he treated his wives and son is pretty objectionable though.

G

garbage

I don't particularly see types as ideals, so it's hard to say whether I "live up to" mine.

Semantics, though. :popc1:

I don't think my type is a perfect match for me, even (especially?) the type's supposed high points. I'll revise my answer here when I've successfully formed a cult.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi, I'm Se dom according to people here at TypoC but I don't drink, do drugs, have sex or go to parties until late nights.

I actually like to play games in my room and work all day.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I can't be bothered. I still have to find a container to put the no-bakes in and the damn dishes are dirty again and there was some frigging paperwork I was supposed to do but I'd really rather keep listening to my smutty werewolf book and maybe take a nap.

S

Society

You're an ENTP, but you're not quite the captain Jack.

erg... this captain jack:
Captain-Jack-Harkness-captain-jack-harkness-1137013_1024_768.jpg

or this captain jack:
captain-jack-captain-jack-sparrow-14117613-1242-900.jpg

?

there are plenty of captain jacks... which jack?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well I'm not quite a My Little Pony but I do remember to pay the bills, so sometimes I'm pretty happy that I don't live up to my type!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi, I'm Se dom according to people here at TypoC but I don't drink, do drugs, have sex or go to parties until late nights.

I actually like to play games in my room and work all day.

Seeing as how Se refers only to a form of information processing, namely a form that deals with concrete, tangible things that can be directly observed through the senses, there is nothing odd about this. There are a lot of non-SP's who enjoy those things.

Se does have a preference for action, and "doing", I suppose because it provides a lot of food for the Se. So, being a hard worker can be compatible with that.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes. My Te aint up to par.
Well mine sure Isn't - which is why the thread came to be :)
Yeah, mine neither.

I am not the perfectly efficient and 100% competent all-day-every-day 24/7 Te Robot that I sometimes wish I was...
there are plenty of captain jacks... which jack?
:laugh: Good question!

You've got Captain Jack the pirate...
cc83a72cf8925cb2ea80e4646bd6e83e.jpeg

Captain Jack the alien hunter...
1781.jpg

Captain Jack of the HMS Surprise...
Jack.jpg

Captain Jack the band, that wrote "Captain Jack" the song...
220px-FrankyGee%26Maloy.JPG

etc.