• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Differences between ENTJs and ESTJs

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The subtitle for this thread should be, "aka why are ENTJ descriptions so sucky and useless?"

I've got a pretty good grip on what ESTJs are like but I don't entirely understand how they differ from ENTJs. IMO most descriptions for ENTJs are incredibly vague and basically make them sound like little more than extra-bossy ESTJs. I think I can mostly tell the difference when I meet one of these types (or in fictional characters) but I couldn't exactly define what factors I'm going on. I've also wondered lately if I've mistyped someone I know. I need more in-depth definitions to clarify this murky area.

I basically gather ENTJs:

- are more future-oriented
- are more anticipatory rather than reactive
- make decisions based on more instinctive interpretations of situations
- are more comprehensive strategists
- are (almost) always the villain in the story (seriously, it's hard to come up with a list of non-villainous ENTJ fictional characters :D )

But beyond that the descriptions don't sound very distinct from ESTJ. ESTJs are also great leaders and co-ordinators; they're also just as bold and resourceful. ESTJs seem to be more preservers of order and justice, rather than iconoclasts that ENTJs appear to be. But then, all the ESTJs I've known have been troublemakers at some point (they seem to make very rebellious teenagers), they regularly question authority and are always attempting to dismantle and overhaul the systems/structures they function within. ESTJs not just the stick-in-the-muds they're often made out to be.

So, questions:
-If a ENTJ isn't running a multi-national corporation or twirling his moustache and laughing maniacally, what do they look like (in everyday life)? What are their defining characteristics?
-What makes a ESTJ distinct from a ENTJ beyond the typical, bland, "they're more traditional and conservative" description? What are their defining characteristics?
- What are the comparative strengths and weaknesses of each type?

And, just for the EXTJs:
- Are you generally satisfied with the descriptions of your type or do you find them lacking?
- What characteristics do you think should be better put across?
- Which fictional character do you think exemplifies your type? Or which one do you particularly like and admire?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My experience with self-typed ENTJs (I've never known any otherwise) is that they are more playful than ESTJs for some reason, they still seem bossy and self-assured, like a Te dom, but I find them altogether very to easy understand why they'd get mixed with ESxPs. I do think it is the tertiary Se.

In fact if I were to describe the self-typed ENTJ that I've known the best IRL, I would say he was something like a cross between an INTJ and an ESTP.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
-If a ENTJ isn't running a multi-national corporation or twirling his moustache and laughing maniacally, what do they look like (in everyday life)? What are their defining characteristics?
-What makes a ESTJ distinct from a ENTJ beyond the typical, bland, "they're more traditional and conservative" description? What are their defining characteristics?
The ESTJs I've known have been like the ISTJs I've known in that you really get that vibe that they're constantly surveying the environment looking for something to fix. Or, when they're talking to you, you might feel like they're sizing you up. I've talked to people who say that they often feel judged around ESTJs and that's why they don't like them, i.e. that they're constantly worried about not measuring up to some unspoken standard.

Whereas... I don't really get that vibe from my ENTJ friends, or at least, not to the same extent. When I've befriended ENTJs, I've definitely felt sized up, but in a more distant way -- kind of like the stereotype about INTJs silently judging everyone, but not feeling the need to step in when they're unimpressed. Thus: the ENTJs I know are more "chill", not nearly as likely to sweat the small stuff, and more likely to be able to sit back and enjoy the moment when they're feeling particularly indulgent (Se!). ESTJs, on the other hand, are more likely to be obsessive workaholics. ESTJs often have to rationalize their hobbies as being "productive", somehow, and I haven't met an ENTJ that felt the need to make those excuses. While ESTJs might seem like they have mood swings from work mode to silly mode (Ne!), my ENTJ friends seem much more consistent. Anecdotally, I'd guess that ESTJs are more likely to take themselves too seriously.

Please, ENTJs, correct me on this if I'm wrong.
And, just for the EXTJs:
- Are you generally satisfied with the descriptions of your type or do you find them lacking?
I like them fine, for the most part. I think they assume that we're all choleric and type 8, meaning if you're not that, the type description will make you out to be much more domineering and power-focused than you really are. Also, I think descriptions in general are biased heavily towards NTs and against STs.
- What characteristics do you think should be better put across?
That we mean well, and see ourselves as working for the greater good. There's a presumption that's pretty easy to get from type descriptions, that ESTJs are out for power for the sake of power, and authority for the sake of authority, and want to control everything just because they like being the boss, when, unless the ESTJ is unhealthy, I've found that to be completely untrue. A lot of ESTJs are motivated by their deep devotion to a cause, be it helping the poor or improving a company's productivity or what have you.
- Which fictional character do you think exemplifies your type? Or which one do you particularly like and admire?
Hermione Granger! :)

... *waits for the inevitable "HERMIONE IS AN ISTJ"*...

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree that the ENTJ descriptions out there are pretty shitty. The best one I've ever read is the one on the bestfittype website, which felt like something I could have written myself.

ENTJs, god bless us, are sort of messy people. As an ENTJ, I use Ni to create sort of a broad roadmap, but depend on Se to really make it happen. What that means is that even after I make a plan, I'm constantly filtering in new information to adjust it and troubleshoot as problems arise. I don't necessarily plan for contingencies as I'm fairly confident to handle problems in the moment.

I feel like ESTJs are a lot more methodical in the way that they approach the planning process. They really drill down to the specific, tangible processes that are going to make a plan work. From my experience of them, the sorta "on the fly" Se stuff that I love so much is, like, tantamount to failure for an ESTJ. I'll admit that I don't fully understand how Te-Ne operates together, but I know they like to get all aspects right at the outset. We're comfortable with a sketch, knowing that the full picture will emerge as the project gets underway.

Meanwhile, I'm going to be obnoxious and quote myself from [MENTION=16405]LeaT[/MENTION]'s thread on the aux function in ETJs:

Mmm. I'm unsure I'm really capable of decoupling the two, really. Te-Ni is about essential concepts. Stripping an object down to it's core, so you can say what it is fundamentally that makes that thing different from all others. That essentialising process is what allows me to be creative in my problem solving. I'll have these models in my head, and can point to how whatever I'm addressing matches some element of that pattern, which gives me the ability to maneuver the thing however I please. I've described elsewhere how that essentialising process is what allows us to build efficiency in a process. Ni envisions the process as a whole, then Te allows you to collapse it however much you need to without violating the parameters dictated by the end goal. I think the keyword for Ni led by Te is "actualizing", taking ideas and bringing them to a tangible outcome. It no doubt truncates some of the visionary depth of Ni to view it as a tactical tool, but at the end of the day that's all Ni is to me--a tool. It makes the ends set by Te a bit more multi-dimensional, and it ensures that the road you take to those points are laid out well in advanced. I'm not always comfortable with pure theory, and when I'm speculating without really knowing how I'm reaching the conclusions I'm making it can make me feel highly exposed, even if what I've said turns out to be correct.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rush Limbaugh = ENTJ.

Power tie.
Bombastic on the air, not off the air.
Has a public and a private persona.
Light handshake (doesn't want to squash anybody's hand)
Uses humor and reason to get his point across.
Yells at his call screener on the air.
High achiever, organized.
Concerned with the future of his country and the Republican party.
Loves popularity and the limelight if it serves a higher function.
Ambitious, energetic.
Rather shy and humble in public.
Gracious and generous off the air.
Has been a prescription drug addict.
Stirs up controversy, "shock jock," to prove a point.
Uses liberals' rhetorical tactics against them.
Tries to anger the "opposition" in order to throw them off balance.
Endomorphic body type.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
:huh:

Rush Limbaugh does not use reason, he uses propaganda and exaggeration, kind of like Ann Coulter does. He's a shock-jock pundit and an Enneagram 6. If he's an ENTJ he uses more Se than Ni.

He's actually not a high achiever, either. He's like some fat dude who went to community college.

Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh do nothing to recommend NTJs to the public at large, it makes them all seem like exaggerating, narcissistic crazy people...or people who prey on the ignorant in order to make money.

I'm betting on the latter.

Rush Limbaugh uses REASON? Rush Limbaugh is a biased, hypocritical, blabber-mouth.

He should win some kind of award for "dumbest ENTJ alive."

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rush Limbaugh = ENTJ.

Power tie.
Bombastic on the air, not off the air.
Has a public and a private persona.
Light handshake (doesn't want to squash anybody's hand)
Uses humor and reason to get his point across.
Yells at his call screener on the air.
High achiever, organized.
Concerned with the future of his country and the Republican party.
Loves popularity and the limelight if it serves a higher function.
Ambitious, energetic.
Rather shy and humble in public.
Gracious and generous off the air.
Has been a prescription drug addict.
Stirs up controversy, "shock jock," to prove a point.
Uses liberals' rhetorical tactics against them.
Tries to anger the "opposition" in order to throw them off balance.
Endomorphic body type.

:huh:

Rush Limbaugh does not use reason, he uses propaganda and exaggeration, kind of like Ann Coulter does. He's a shock-jock pundit and an Enneagram 6. If he's an ENTJ he uses more Se than Ni.

He's actually not a high achiever, either. He's like some fat dude who went to community college.

Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh do nothing to recommend NTJs to the public at large, it makes them all seem like exaggerating, narcissistic crazy people...or people who prey on the ignorant in order to make money.

I'm betting on the latter.

Rush Limbaugh uses REASON? Rush Limbaugh is a biased, hypocritical, blabber-mouth.

He should win some kind of award for "dumbest ENTJ alive."

Idk if Rush Limbaugh is ENTJ, but Bill O'Reilly is.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Idk if Rush Limbaugh is ENTJ, but Bill O'Reilly is.

Bill O'Reilly, I do believe. Makes more sense.

(He's a pundit too, but actually presents things in a more respectable Te manner, and also makes rational choices with his ethics, like supporting gun control and the environment while still maintaining a conservative leaning stance.)

Limbaugh may just be more Se on camera.

Early, early on I realized that sometimes when I went on biased rants I sounded like a female, liberal Rush Limbaugh...of course I was younger and more biased then, and he's possibly old enough to be my dad, and still does it. On national television and radio.

I don't know if it's the Enneagram 6 thing, or that I'm seeing these people as like me, yet opposed to me. Which would confirm SFP 6 for me, that NTJ 6s make me think of a demonic, rejected version of myself or something.

Or Rush is just some kind of loud-mouthed ESxP being mistaken for an ENTJ.

He doesn't have the cunning of Ann Coulter. He even gets himself in trouble for opening his big mouth, calling people prostitutes and whores and losing his own monetary sponsorship.

I can't say that was a smart move on his part.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
My ESFP mom likes Bill O'Reilly and she's a liberal. That's why I even started watching him at all.

I think there's something about his careful use of Te that is more appealing. He's harsh and he's unapologetic about being conservative, but he at least acquiesces to things like the environment needing to be protected.

It's always easier to listen to truly reasonable people who are relatively moderate in their political positions. He's pretty much the most respectable conservative political pundit, in my opinion. I'd take him over Rush, Ann, or Glenn Beck any day.

Glenn Beck touched me in a bad place. GLENN BECK TOUCHED ME IN A BAD PLACE.

Still, I've read the nasty liberal framings of entitled Bill O'Reilly, enough for me to gather that he's very much a self-congratulatory, money hoarding ENTJ stereotype.

Rush Limbaugh on the other hand, does appear to be a big fat idiot.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My experience with self-typed ENTJs (I've never known any otherwise) is that they are more playful than ESTJs for some reason, they still seem bossy and self-assured, like a Te dom, but I find them altogether very to easy understand why they'd get mixed with ESxPs. I do think it is the tertiary Se.

In fact if I were to describe the self-typed ENTJ that I've known the best IRL, I would say he was something like a cross between an INTJ and an ESTP.
Interesting. I suppose the ENTJs I've met (assuming they are ENTJs) did have a sort of wry cheekiness about them. ESTJs can be smart-asses but perhaps it's more Ne silliness combined with Te gibes.

And is it just me or do ENTJs seem to have more of a dark streak?

The ESTJs I've known have been like the ISTJs I've known in that you really get that vibe that they're constantly surveying the environment looking for something to fix. Or, when they're talking to you, you might feel like they're sizing you up. I've talked to people who say that they often feel judged around ESTJs and that's why they don't like them, i.e. that they're constantly worried about not measuring up to some unspoken standard.
So I wasn't far off: ESTJs are fixers or reformers. This is certainly true of the ones I know. The can't stand imperfections when they see how easily they could be changed.

But is more true for you, as a e1, or do you think it's common to ESTJs of other enneatypes?

Whereas... I don't really get that vibe from my ENTJ friends, or at least, not to the same extent. When I've befriended ENTJs, I've definitely felt sized up, but in a more distant way -- kind of like the stereotype about INTJs silently judging everyone, but not feeling the need to step in when they're unimpressed. Thus: the ENTJs I know are more "chill", not nearly as likely to sweat the small stuff, and more likely to be able to sit back and enjoy the moment when they're feeling particularly indulgent (Se!). ESTJs, on the other hand, are more likely to be obsessive workaholics. ESTJs often have to rationalize their hobbies as being "productive", somehow, and I haven't met an ENTJ that felt the need to make those excuses. While ESTJs might seem like they have mood swings from work mode to silly mode (Ne!), my ENTJ friends seem much more consistent. Anecdotally, I'd guess that ESTJs are more likely to take themselves too seriously.
Also interesting. So do you think their Te is somehow softened by Ni (or Se)? Do you think Te+Si creates more of a drive for order?

That we mean well, and see ourselves as working for the greater good. There's a presumption that's pretty easy to get from type descriptions, that ESTJs are out for power for the sake of power, and authority for the sake of authority, and want to control everything just because they like being the boss, when, unless the ESTJ is unhealthy, I've found that to be completely untrue. A lot of ESTJs are motivated by their deep devotion to a cause, be it helping the poor or improving a company's productivity or what have you.
Absolutely. All the ESTJs I know don't give a shit about power - well, at least the concept of it. They only seem to want it because they can't stand the incompetency of the people in charge. They primarily want to fix the problems and don't really get off on being important or bossing people around.

Hermione Granger! :)

... *waits for the inevitable "HERMIONE IS AN ISTJ"*...
:D

I think of her as a ISTJ but I could see a valid argument for ESTJ. She seems to have equal amounts of Te and Si (ie. she doesn't have an overwhelming Si vibe), and I guess she's pretty forward for a ISTJ. When I think back to the first book/film she came across more ESTJ then... :thinking:

ENTJs, god bless us, are sort of messy people. As an ENTJ, I use Ni to create sort of a broad roadmap, but depend on Se to really make it happen. What that means is that even after I make a plan, I'm constantly filtering in new information to adjust it and troubleshoot as problems arise. I don't necessarily plan for contingencies as I'm fairly confident to handle problems in the moment.
This seems true of the ENTJs I've met. I think "broad" is a good word to associate with them. They seem to spread themselves over a wide scope. I also find it interesting that you talk about troubleshooting as you go along. I suppose ESTJs prefer to anticipate things more and have systems in place ahead of time should certain issues arise.

So what do you think of ENTJs as often being characterised as strategisers? Is it simply a more dynamic and emergent form of strategising, rather than an attempt to lock everything down beforehand?

Meanwhile, I'm going to be obnoxious and quote myself from LeaT's thread on the aux function in ETJs:
No, it's interesting and relevant. So you want to understand the fundamentals enough to develop a theory that you can then apply to relevant situations and respond accordingly? Do you do this by sifting through things in your head, though trial and error, or do you get it somehow from interaction with others?

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Interesting. I suppose the ENTJs I've met (assuming they are ENTJs) did have a sort of wry cheekiness about them. ESTJs can be smart-asses but perhaps it's more Ne silliness combined with Te gibes.

And is it just me or do ENTJs seem to have more of a dark streak?

As for the bold, guilty as charged. Even when I'm actually joking around and not trying to be insulting, people get really offended and butthurt at my remarks. My mom especially, who happens to be ESTJ. As for the bit about ESTJs seeming more like smart-asses, maybe that's why I don't take a lot of my mom's forwardness or snide comments to heart.

I'm not too sure about the last part, but at least among some of the ENTJ 8s I've seen this seems to be the case.

So I wasn't far off: ESTJs are fixers or reformers. This is certainly true of the ones I know. The can't stand imperfections when they see how easily they could be changed.

But is more true for you, as a e1, or do you think it's common to ESTJs of other enneatypes?

I'm not sure if anyone has met an ESTJ 3, but in the case of my mother, I think she does have this need to fix things. Especially when it pertains to building the ideal life that she wants for herself. For example, in her house hunt she was so picky that she had to walk away from several deals because the inspections revealed things that she didn't want to deal with. Also, she has this thing where she emphasizes style and aesthetics over function at times, and whenever she tries to ask me what I think of something I just shrug it off and say, "It all seems the same to me."

Also interesting. So do you think their Te is somehow softened by Ni (or Se)? Do you think Te+Si creates more of a drive for order?

I think hardness and softness would be more dependent upon enneagram, but I think that Ne kind of softens Te in ESTJ since it is a function of possibility generation, while Se kind of hardens Te in ENTJ since it is concrete and object focused. I like to think that Se anchors Te, while Ne allows Te to expand.

Absolutely. All the ESTJs I know don't give a shit about power - well, at least the concept of it. They only seem to want it because they can't stand the incompetency of the people in charge. They primarily want to fix the problems and don't really get off on being important or bossing people around.

I would have to agree. To be honest, I don't think most Te doms get off on having power. I think that ESTJs just like fixing problems to act against incompetence as you've said, while ENTJs like finding different ways to solve problems. Both are just very goal oriented, and if they have to move people around like pawns on a chessboard, they'll do it since it's essential to the objective.

This seems true of the ENTJs I've met. I think "broad" is a good word to associate with them. They seem to spread themselves over a wide scope. I also find it interesting that you talk about troubleshooting as you go along. I suppose ESTJs prefer to anticipate things more and have systems in place ahead of time should certain issues arise.

I think ESTJs do like to anticipate ahead of time, and this is actually something that my mother does all the time. I find that she is less likely to make back-up plans just in case circumstances that she can't see coming into play now interfere with her plans later. She also has a harder time re-adjusting to set-backs than I do, since I can easily amend the original plan at hand because I left room for falling short or overdoing it in my original projection. It also helps that I rarely have things laid out in such intricate detail, so that when I arrive at a certain stage I can fill in whatever holes I had with knowledge I didn't have before.

So what do you think of ENTJs as often being characterised as strategisers? Is it simply a more dynamic and emergent form of strategising, rather than an attempt to lock everything down beforehand with contingency plans?

I think it is a more dynamic form at least. Even though ESTJs can use Ne to come up with a wide range of possibilities for ways to approach a situation, Si filters out most alternatives and Te will use what seems to be the most reliable based on this. ENTJs on the other hand, use Se to gather new information as things move along, while Ni tries to work out a pattern for where things will go. This is probably why ENTJs are more prone to trouble-shooting. :p

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am going to go against the stream here and say that I don't think ENTJs and ESTJs are that much different at all. Why should they be? They are both Te dominants and thus they are the most oriented towards Te data in terms of cognition. Whatever quirks that may be different between them are probably caused more by say, enneagram differences than Ni versus Si. I think in particular, Ni and Si are going to operate in the sense that the ENTJ will be more "future-oriented" due to Ni perception and thus planning towards the future, whereas I think an ESTJ is going to be more focused on the concrete here and now. Ultimately the Ni and Si should rather just be seen as N and S I think. an ENTJ is more oriented towards the intuitive world and an ESTJ the sensation world.

Like what really just seems to separate ExTJs as a whole is how mature they are and how much they have learn to accept/develop inferior Fi. An ExTJ is going to be a dick no matter if ENTJ or ESTJ if the inferior Fi is extremely rejected.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am going to go against the stream here and say that I don't think ENTJs and ESTJs are that much different at all. Why should they be? They are both Te dominants and thus they are the most oriented towards Te data in terms of cognition. Whatever quirks that may be different between them are probably caused more by say, enneagram differences than Ni versus Si. I think in particular, Ni and Si are going to operate in the sense that the ENTJ will be more "future-oriented" due to Ni perception and thus planning towards the future, whereas I think an ESTJ is going to be more focused on the concrete here and now. Ultimately the Ni and Si should rather just be seen as N and S I think. an ENTJ is more oriented towards the intuitive world and an ESTJ the sensation world.

Consider that ENTJ is an NT temperament, while ESTJ is an SJ temperament. The former is a Rational type (not the propaganda type, a notion which was based on stereotyping), while the latter is a Guardian.

"ENTJs are natural born leaders. They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people."
http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ENTJ.html

"ESTJs live in a world of facts and concrete needs. They live in the present, with their eye constantly scanning their personal environment to make sure that everything is running smoothly and systematically. They honor traditions and laws, and have a clear set of standards and beliefs. They expect the same of others, and have no patience or understanding of individuals who do not value these systems. They value competence and efficiency, and like to see quick results for their efforts."
http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ESTJ.html

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8

You understand that you're conceptually contradicting yourself multiple times?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You understand that you're conceptually contradicting yourself multiple times?

How so? I don't think the auxiliary plays that large a role in a person's cognition as much as the dominant does. As a whole I still think ENTJs and ESTJs are going to be more similar to each other than different because they share the same dominant function and thus also outlook, on life.

Consider that ENTJ is an NT temperament, while ESTJ is an SJ temperament. The former is a Rational type (not the propaganda type, a notion which was based on stereotyping), while the latter is a Guardian.

"ENTJs are natural born leaders. They live in a world of possibilities where they see all sorts challenges to be surmounted, and they want to be the ones responsible for surmounting them. They have a drive for leadership, which is well-served by their quickness to grasp complexities, their ability to absorb a large amount of impersonal information, and their quick and decisive judgments. They are "take charge" people."
http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ENTJ.html

"ESTJs live in a world of facts and concrete needs. They live in the present, with their eye constantly scanning their personal environment to make sure that everything is running smoothly and systematically. They honor traditions and laws, and have a clear set of standards and beliefs. They expect the same of others, and have no patience or understanding of individuals who do not value these systems. They value competence and efficiency, and like to see quick results for their efforts."
http://www.personalitypage.com/html/ESTJ.html

I don't buy into Keirsey's temperaments theory. I don't think Keirsey describes cognition as much as he describes certain stereotype personality portraits. Any person could fit those descriptions without being Te dominant in terms of actual cognition.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rush Limbaugh -
NT - "As the knowledge-seeking temperament, Rationals trust reason implicitly. They rely on objective observations and factual analysis in any given situation. They seek a logical argument as a basis for action. As strategists, Rationals strive to gain as much information as possible, applying what they learn to develop long-term plans and the steps for achieving them. They are characterized by a tough-minded personal style, tending to pursue either power or understanding. They are often strong-willed, ambitious, intelligent, and self-determined. Subjective thoughts and emotion have no place in the decision-making process of a Rational. Driven to excel, they work hard to achieve their goals, and they do well where they can take control or work independently on a task."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_temperament

Bill O'Reilly -
"As the security-seeking temperament, Guardians are practical and frugal types. They "share certain core values, among them the belief in a strong work ethic, the need for people and institutions to be responsible, the importance of following the rules and of serving one's community."[2] Guardians value experience, and they seek a tangible return on their investments. Believing in common sense, they are not attracted to idle speculation. They are the glue of civilization, maintaining and nurturing institutions that have been established by the dint of hard work. They tend to be conventional and cooperative in their work, wanting to make sure everybody gets what they deserve, no more and no less. They follow the rules and conventions of their cohort or group and expect others to as well."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_temperament

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How so? I don't think the auxiliary plays that large a role in a person's cognition as much as the dominant does. As a whole I still think ENTJs and ESTJs are going to be more similar to each other than different because they share the same dominant function and thus also outlook, on life.

I don't buy into Keirsey's temperaments theory. I don't think Keirsey describes cognition as much as he describes certain stereotype personality portraits. Any person could fit those descriptions without being Te dominant in terms of actual cognition.

The term "stereotype" applies to people, not to personality portraits.