• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing by frequently used words possible?

Pushbeat

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I noticed that I frequently use the words 'also', 'simple' and 'but'. And I can say things like 'Is it important?', 'It's a problem, but not my problem.' and 'What do you exactly want?'. A few puns a day are also dayroutine.

I think all these verbal expressions together indicate my type (INTP).

Is anyone aware of a research or publication about this?
Or do words indicate your type?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
None of those indicate INTP-ness. I don't think the words we use indicate our type at all. If I were to analyze it though, the fact you think it does could be evidence towards weak intuition as you are looking for meaning in things that aren't there. It's not so much the words themselves that we use that say something about our cognition as it is the logic/ideas we use these words for to represent our understanding of the world that do.

Looking at words without looking at the meaning of words is thus a fruitless endeavor.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Along a similar vein, uClassify has text analysis tests for the 4 MBTI dichotomies.

I'm not sure I find the usage of such common words like "also" and "but" to be indicative of type, but I do believe there are some very general overall patterns in language that correspond to type - Ns using more broad/vague terminology, Fs using more emotional terminology, and so on. Your phrases seem to lean T, for instance. I do believe that preference will tend to show up in language, but I also think it could be easily overridden by language needed for personal interests and environment.

G

Glycerine

Interesting thought but I doubt that it would be accurate. I tend to use a lot of qualifiers because for the most part, I hate to sound too definitive or certain of things.

Jaguar

Frequently using the word "hello" means you're one of the 8 informing types.
Frequently using the word "goodbye" means you're one of the 8 directing types.

And if you buy that, I have swampland for sale on Park Ave. in NYC. Cheap.

wolfy

awsm
Frequently using the word "hello" means you're one of the 8 informing types.
Frequently using the word "goodbye" means you're one of the 8 directing types.

And if you buy that, I have swampland for sale on Park Ave. in NYC. Cheap.

You say "Yes", I say "No".
You say "Stop" and I say "Go, go, go".
Oh no.
You say "Goodbye" and I say "Hello, hello, hello".

Oh!! Wrong thread...

Jaguar

You say "Yes", I say "No".
You say "Stop" and I say "Go, go, go".
Oh no.
You say "Goodbye" and I say "Hello, hello, hello".

Oh!! Wrong thread...

I've been sick for a week. Thanks for making me laugh. :D

Pushbeat

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Along a similar vein, uClassify has text analysis tests for the 4 MBTI dichotomies.

Nice, thanks. Although I don't understand the inner workings. But I found a scientific research, stating: 'Experiments suggest that the two middle letters of the MBTI personality type dichotomies, Sensing-Intuition and Thinking-Feeling, are related to word choice while the other dichotomies, Extraversion-Introversion and Judging-Perceiving, are unclear.'
Source: http://www.csb.uncw.edu/mscsis/complete/pdf/KomisinMike.pdf

And I also found a Capt publication which describes the different words that can be used to motivate personality types.

Last edited:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Interesting thought but I doubt that it would be accurate. I tend to use a lot of qualifiers because for the most part, I hate to sound too definitive or certain of things.

Same here. I would guess P types are more prone to that.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I use the word 'unfortunately' a great deal, even in normal conversation, to the point that friends have pointed it out jokingly.

Derogatory

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I think that not the exact words show your MBTI type, but the way you put words in the sentence, what kind of words you use or how you point out the meaning of it.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think that not the exact words show your MBTI type, but the way you put words in the sentence, what kind of words you use or how you point out the meaning of it.

That's exactly how the words work! It's kind of like programming a computer with different codes, and the way the numbers operate around each other determines what kind of system it creates.

Pushbeat

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Found a study from McCaulley & Natter and one from Lawrence.

Words that appeal to Ts: objective, analytic, logical, valid, systematic
Idem to Fs: beliefs, values, personal, heart-felt, touching, interesting, us, we, together, share
Idem to Js: complete, finished, decisive, hardworking, punctual
Idem to P's: thorough, complete, extensive, in-progress, ongoing

Lawrence, G. (1984). A synthesis of learning style research involving the MBTI. Journal of Psychological Type, 8, 2-15.
McCaulley, M. H. & Natter, F.L. (1974). Psychological type differences in education. Gainesville, FL: Center foor Applications of Psychological Type.