• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing by frequently used words possible?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm taking a break from school and my mind feels like it's been released from a strait jacket.

Kobe Bryant is taking you back to school again you weak and pathetically zero-skilled imbecile. Pull off your warm-up jacket and get ready for class, because the master is in the building!

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Frequently using the word "hello" means you're one of the 8 informing types.
Frequently using the word "goodbye" means you're one of the 8 directing types.

And if you buy that, I have swampland for sale on Park Ave. in NYC. Cheap.

lol.

I frequently used the word "No" when reading the OP, what type does that make me?

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Along a similar vein, uClassify has text analysis tests for the 4 MBTI dichotomies.

I'm not sure I find the usage of such common words like "also" and "but" to be indicative of type, but I do believe there are some very general overall patterns in language that correspond to type - Ns using more broad/vague terminology, Fs using more emotional terminology, and so on. Your phrases seem to lean T, for instance. I do believe that preference will tend to show up in language, but I also think it could be easily overridden by language needed for personal interests and environment.

Same here. I would guess P types are more prone to that.

Or maybe: you hear them using emotional/speculative language, so you type them as a Feeler/Perciever?

Circular logic at work in this thread as in so many others.

Like: "Oh man I have noticed STP's seem to like sports/NTJs like strategy games/SFPs like acting"

Yes: because you see tem acting that way, and then type them.

Not saying it is wrong, but it is still circular reasoning.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Or maybe: you hear them using emotional/speculative language, so you type them as a Feeler/Perciever?

Circular logic at work in this thread as in so many others.

Like: "Oh man I have noticed STP's seem to like sports/NTJs like strategy games/SFPs like acting"

Yes: because you see tem acting that way, and then type them.

Not saying it is wrong, but it is still circular reasoning.

Sure. Lots of room for error.

Also it's possible that the way we interpret others is more reflective of our own personality than theirs.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Sure. Lots of room for error.

Also it's possible that the way we interpret others is more reflective of our own personality than theirs.

Or maybe it's the right way to do MBTI, and MBTI should just be a system of classifying externally observable behaviors?

I am not saying there is a right and wrong approach, I just want to be clear about what is being said.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kobe Bryant is taking you back to school again you weak and pathetically zero-skilled imbecile. Pull off your warm-up jacket and get ready for class, because the master is in the building!

It sounds to me like you need something to keep your brain busy.

Here's a video interview with Michael Giacchino, composer of the latest Star Trek movie themes. See if you can determine his MBTI type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

All I see in that video is a lot of sloppy defense.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It sounds to me like you need something to keep your brain busy.

Here's a video interview with Michael Giacchino, composer of the latest Star Trek movie themes. See if you can determine his MBTI type.

I'm going to randomly guess he is ENTJ. He wants to see the characters as real dynamic people, with real emotions he says and purpose. Bringing life to it with the music I guess fits that, along with the rant on how Star Trek brings lots of meaning to the movie. He says to follow your own style with new ideas, and that individualism also seems very much in line with NTJ, and since he talks a lot comfortably and with a grounding, I'm saying E. I know lots of NTs are geeks for these kinds of movies, and the visions they can create, and since the guy is talking about the progressive development of the movie and where it's going, that's more NTJ than NTP I think.

I really don't care what type he is though - I just wanted to answer your question.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm going to randomly guess he is ENTJ. He wants to see the characters as real dynamic people, with real emotions he says and purpose. Bringing life to it with the music I guess fits that, along with the rant on how Star Trek brings lots of meaning to the movie. He says to follow your own style with new ideas, and that individualism also seems very much in line with NTJ, and since he talks a lot comfortably and with a grounding, I'm saying E. I know lots of NTs are geeks for these kinds of movies, and the visions they can create, and since the guy is talking about the progressive development of the movie and where it's going, that's more NTJ than NTP I think.

I really don't care what type he is though - I just wanted to answer your question.

Well, you're wrong.

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I doubt it, as someone who does altogether way too much adjusting, language-wise. The only constant is my long-windedness--itself, a sort of adjustment, having been hitherto unable to figure out whether it's "worse" to assume other people know what I'm talking about, or over-explaining myself to cover all the bases, just in case.

IRL, people have told me I sound resolute in my speech, which is never actually the case. I've consciously injected more tentative words into my usual rotation to better convey that to others.

In writing, I use more disclaimers, apologies, and "I don't knows," because I'm still not sure whether that tendency to sound like I believe what I'm saying is gospel translates into how I write.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I tend to unconsciously mirror other people's language. Sometimes when I spend too much time with someone I will start to sound like them, which is disturbing when I finally notice it.

So I guess my type depends on who I hang out with :D