• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Types Tend To Be The Most Aggressive Drivers?

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I've been told that it's a terrifying experience to drive with me. But the person who told me that is a pansy and a control freak. "What's so wrong about going around that curve at 80 mph??"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was just making a comparison between Te and Se according to motives.

As an INTP I can be an aggressive driver. When driving in town, I tend to cut everybody some slack, although I will take the initiative at 4-way stops.

On the highway, especially when younger, I would take chances all the time, and take the curves as fast as possible without looking like an idiot driver.

On the 35-minute commute to and from work, there is a 10-mile-long straight-away with a few stop lights. Some of those stop lights have a right hand optional lane for right-turns or passing. I use it to get in front of everybody else. When there is a long, long line in the left hand lane, and the right-hand lane is practically empty, that's the lane I always aim toward. I also gauge whether there is any truck traffic in one of the lanes and determine which is the lane most viable for getting ahead. It's a lot like a chess game.

Some drivers don't like it when I pass in the right lane, even though this is perfectly legal. If they give me a honk-honk, I respond with "wah-wah." Big crybabies, they are.

Ok, technically it's not a right-hand optional passing lane. It's for drivers coming out of the strip mall areas on the right, so they don't have to wait as long.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been told that it's a terrifying experience to drive with me. But the person who told me that is a pansy and a control freak. "What's so wrong about going around that curve at 80 mph??"

You sound like the ISTP I mentioned. I drove around with him for part of a summer. He would tailgate cars with his foot resting on the gas pedal while driving down a grade. It was a 35 mph zone and the car in front was doing exactly 35.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
From my own experience, the most aggressive driver I know is an ESTP 8w7 sx/sp. She's also the most aggressive person I know in general.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From my own experience, the most aggressive driver I know is an ESTP 8w7 sx/sp. She's also the most aggressive person I know in general.

Eights might be the most aggressive drivers per se, whatever their MBTI. This type 8 female I know doesn't care what kind of car she has as long as it has a short 0 - 60 mph time frame. If it's too slow to pick up speed, she becomes unhappy.

For some people, the cars they drive make a big, big difference to them.

This same person led a highly active lifestyle. Get up, get the kids ready for school, go to work, work 8 hours, drive home (stopping for groceries or pizza), take the dogs for a jog (not a walk, meaning, jogging up and down the hill), order the kids to do their school work (or AWANAS), make dinner, do dishes, plop down on the couch with a big "wooooooooh!"

I don't think her driving scared me too much, she seemed to be lead-footed yet conscientious and observant.

T

The Iron Giant

For aggressive anything I would say enneagram type eight. Anyone could find a rationale for any type being aggressive. I have been an angry driver at times, but not generally aggressive. I drive the speed limit (or less than five over) in most cases, because I got tired of speeding tickets years ago. I won't be pushed into speeding. I avoid the passing lane unless the person in front of me is going slower than I am, so people have no reason to fuck with me. They can go around. I love the rare occasion when someone blows past me after tailgating and turns up a mile down the road, pulled over...

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For aggressive anything I would say enneagram type eight. Anyone could find a rationale for any type being aggressive. I have been an angry driver at times, but not generally aggressive. I drive the speed limit (or less than five over) in most cases, because I got tired of speeding tickets years ago. I won't be pushed into speeding. I avoid the passing lane unless the person in front of me is going slower than I am, so people have no reason to fuck with me. They can go around. I love the rare occasion when someone blows past me after tailgating and turns up a mile down the road, pulled over...

Yeah, that's a good philosophy. Despite my joking, I tend to drive no more than 5 mph over the speed limit. That's what everyone does here, and the cops won't pull you over for that, usually.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That is the type I was thinking.

I am aggressive in some ways. I like fast cars, accellerate quickly and take corners sharply. I am usually five to ten mph above the speed limit but it depends pn which car I am driving. I am pretty courteous - let people in, get out of the fast lane when someone is behind me. I never tailgate. I don't believe in hesitating. It kind of drives me nuts when people trip over themselves letting the other person go when in fact they should go. It strikes me as poor driving. I generally try to stay as far away from other cars as I can.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the drivers most fond of extreme risks and living on the edge such as with reckless driving are ISFJs by a mile!

S

SingSmileShine

Stereotypically, ESTPs are likely to exhibit that kind of behavior. My ISTJ boyfriend is a relaxed-as-opposed-to-cautious driver, though, and I (ENFP) tend to be an impatient driver - I start to drive quickly out of lack of patience and need for a rush, realize I'm speeding, and then let it roll for awhile. :)

Surr

MBTI Type
IDFK
My ESFJ and ESTP friends are those crazy fast-speed drivers who tend to think they're in a race, though they aren't aggressive per se, they're very tongue in the cheek and just enjoy driving fast, they give way to others a lot as well. And they're both very skilled as well so I don't really feel that unsafe in their cars.

The ones I have experienced road rage with have been my mother who's an ENFJ and the father of one of my friends, he's aggressive and that typical douche who doesn't give way for anyone. Don't know his type though my guess would be an ISTP

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFX, based blindly on my sisters alone. :D The ISFP speeds, and to a lesser degree the ISFJ, though her problem is more with stomach-churning steering. Motion sickness if you're riding with her anywhere but alone on a straight, flat highway.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Se - Get out of my way, I have something fun to do!
Te - Get out of my way, I am more important than you!

This

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know an ESTP who thinks she's in a creative insult competition when she's driving, which is hilarious. Her opponents are the other drivers, the speed limits and the drivers that obey those speed limits. Unfortunately, none of them ever answers back.

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
ESTP. Ho Lee Fuk that shit is scary. I think S types in general will take this thread.

Actually though, my dad is pretty damn aggressive and he is an INTJ, when I was learning to drive he actually once told me to speed the fuck up or get out of the fast lane and I was going 70.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The type that lives in California