• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Types Tend To Be The Most Aggressive Drivers?

Surr

MBTI Type
IDFK
^ Agreed. I've been to a road trip in California and drove the big highways of L.A during rush hour... One of the worst experiences of my life. And before that I had thought San Francisco and Vegas were bad.. HA! :rotfl:

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The driver was an ESTP. The car felt like it was to flip over every time he'd make a turn.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Define aggressive driver.

"Aggressive driving is a way of driving any type of vehicle or effecting any type of maneuver on a vehicle in which the driver deliberately behaves in such a manner as to increase the risk of a road accident."

"Aggressive driver" means "one who does the above."

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My dad is an ENTP and he sucks at driving. He's almost hit at least five people, gotten into multiple fender benders, and his shitty old car breaks down everywhere.

Everyone where I live is an aggressive driver though, sooooo......

Jaguar

"Aggressive driving is a way of driving any type of vehicle [...] in which the driver deliberately behaves in such a manner as to increase the risk of a road accident."

"Aggressive driver" means "one who does the above."

So, for starters :

One who drives while yammering away on a cell phone.
One who drives while yelling at a child to stop hitting its sibling.
One who drives while air drumming to Led Zeppelin on the radio.
One who drives while lost in thought.
One who drives while slapping on another coat of lipstick in the mirror.
One who drives while reaching over and getting a map out of the glove compartment.

Those are just a few of the reasons a person's attention could be diverted away from the road long enough to increase the risk of an accident.

Mmm . . . aggressive.

I guess it's time to choose which type is most likely to yammer on a cell phone. Surely only one MBTI type would do such a thing.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, for starters :

One who drives while yammering away on a cell phone.
One who drives while yelling at a child to stop hitting its sibling.
One who drives while air drumming to Led Zeppelin on the radio.
One who drives while lost in thought.
One who drives while slapping on another coat of lipstick in the mirror.
One who drives while reaching over and getting a map out of the glove compartment.

Those are just a few of the reasons a person's attention could be diverted away from the road long enough to increase the risk of an accident.

Mmm . . . aggressive.

I guess it's time to choose which type is most likely to yammer on a cell phone. Surely only one MBTI type would do such a thing.

I'm sure even you can come up with less skeptical examples. Such as, "speeding, running red lights, and swerving all over the road."

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
My vote goes to ESTPs and ESFPs.

However, I do have an ENFJ story that puts them in the running.

My sister (college student) came in where I work a couple of weeks ago.

She sat down by my desk and said,"I got stopped for speeding."

Me...."Were you?"

Her..."That cop wrote me a ticket for going 79 in a 55 mph speed zone."

Me....."Oh,I see; so, you weren't going that fast."

Her, shrugging...."No. I was really going 83."

I think my sister fits the definition of reckless driver.

But still, she doesn't top my ESTP brother. He makes her look mild.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
And Florida! :D

yup especially south florida once you reach palm beach county the drivers are shitheads. people just don't look when turning left. I'll have a green light and someone decides to turn left approach the left turn lane going the opposite direction and instead of stopping and being like oh they're might be cars because i don't have a left turn lights and i have to slam on my brakes. and they don't look when they change lanes. that's the general attitude i've been standing in line and there's 5 other ways to go and someone will decide to squeeze right past me, and i'll say oh i'm sorry or excuse me and they'll just glare. and it's like there was other ways you could've gone and none were out of the way, and you should be apologizing to me. then i hope they get hit by a bicyclist or something. and it seems like I get stuck behind someone going 20 under the speed limit and the person behind me wants to go 30 over so i'm being tailgated can't change lanes, the person in front of me decides to slam on their brakes it's scary.

never driven in california so i don't know what the drivers there are like

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yup especially south florida once you reach palm beach county the drivers are shitheads. people just don't look when turning left. I'll have a green light and someone decides to turn left approach the left turn lane going the opposite direction and instead of stopping and being like oh they're might be cars because i don't have a left turn lights and i have to slam on my brakes. and they don't look when they change lanes. that's the general attitude i've been standing in line and there's 5 other ways to go and someone will decide to squeeze right past me, and i'll say oh i'm sorry or excuse me and they'll just glare. and it's like there was other ways you could've gone and none were out of the way, and you should be apologizing to me. then i hope they get hit by a bicyclist or something

Same in J-ville. I came out here and had people blowing at me because I never took immediately after the light turned green. I was so used to people running the light and waiting so I wouldn't get hit in the intersection that it was just a habit.

Drivers out here are very....er, polite? "you are now cordially invited to change lanes", so I get some ugly looks tossed my way for driving like I do. Sorry, I broke in my training wheels on rougher highways!