• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ReGroup the types

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Where else?

Off the top of my head, in Lenore Thomson's book, and two books by Otto Kroeger, Type Talk and Type Talk at Work. In all three books, the EP, IP, EJ, and IJ combinations are called "the attitudes".

I don't have access to my book collection at the moment, but I believe those notations are also used in Gifts Differing, albeit briefly. If I remember correctly, they are not really expanded on, just used to refer to the groups, like EJ, "extraverts with the judging attitude".

I will have to check my shelf when I get home to give a more comprehensive list.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Off the top of my head, in Lenore Thomson's book, and two books by Otto Kroeger, Type Talk and Type Talk at Work. In all three books, the EP, IP, EJ, and IJ combinations are called "the attitudes".

I don't have access to my book collection at the moment, but I believe those notations are also used in Gifts Differing, albeit briefly. If I remember correctly, they are not really expanded on, just used to refer to the groups, like EJ, "extraverts with the judging attitude".

I will have to check my shelf when I get home to give a more comprehensive list.

Aha, interesting. And why would this be over say, Je?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You didn't understand my objection. She was using socionics terminology but mixed it up. EP = Pe lead, IP = Pi lead, IJ = Ji lead, EJ = Je lead. The rest is just ramble that's pretty irrelevant to my point.

No I wasn't using socionics.

I was referring to Jung's grouping according to extroverted rationals (ExxJ), extroverted irrationals (ExxP), introverted rationals (IxxP), and introverted irrationals (IxxJ). Judging & perceiving are just different terms for rational & irrational respectively, and of course they're applied to the preferred extroverted function in MBTI.

I used the MBTI letters for shorthand because it's faster. You Ti-dom always need everything spelled out! :rolleyes: :tongue:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No I wasn't using socionics.

I was referring to Jung's grouping according to extroverted rationals (ExxJ), extroverted irrationals (ExxP), introverted rationals (IxxP), and introverted irrationals (IxxJ). Judging & perceiving are just different terms for rational & irrational respectively, and of course they're applied to the preferred extroverted function in MBTI.

I used the MBTI letters for shorthand because it's faster. You Ti-dom always need everything spelled out! :rolleyes: :tongue:

:headscratch: Ok.

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Can you rephrase?
Putting it this way: EJ and Je represent the same thing, extroverted jugdging dominance but written differently. My question was thus something like, why would you use EJ as a temperament distinction instead of Je dominance whereas the latter is more in line with Jung's own terminology?

madhatter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Putting it this way: EJ and Je represent the same thing, extroverted jugdging dominance but written differently. My question was thus something like, why would you use EJ as a temperament distinction instead of Je dominance whereas the latter is more in line with Jung's own terminology?

I would use it to represent Je dominance. The attitudes are separate from the temperaments. Basically explaining what the Je-doms have in common as well as the other. If you're asking why you would use the actual letters EJ et al. rather than just the function label Je, I would say that distinction is nodding to the underlying theory of functions without actually delving into them. If it's an introductory book that doesn't focus overtly on the functions, like Type Talk, using distinctions like EJ keeps with the terminology that they already established, but also teases at the more three-dimensional system of the functions that MBTI was built on. For instance, grouping all the EJs together, even ENTJ and ESFJ to show that they share a similar "attitude", which later on with further study, you know to mean they are both extraverted judgers.