• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do people care about defining whether they, or anyone else, is E or I?

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Because those two behavioral patterns are conflicting, providing for one takes from the other.

I see where you are coming from. I think they may well complement each other a lot so I am not convinced, but at least I see the internal logic of your reasoning. +1 for giving a relevant answer.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
To be honest, I don't see this at all.

So you haven't read Jung?

Sure if you're typing people via Keirsey or something you won't understand the concept in the slightest.

At least I think you're referring to the last part about Jx and Px dominant functions?

S

Society

I see where you are coming from. I think they may well complement each other a lot so I am not convinced, but at least I see the internal logic of your reasoning. +1 for giving a relevant answer.
The functions compliment each other, the behaivors that best support them conflicts, both directly at a given time but also over lifetimes through shaping our habits. its not quite accurate to say your dom is a zero energy function, rather, it has had enough inflounce over you that you can not distinguish between fueling yourself and fueling it.