• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to group the 16 types?

Which of these type groupings is most useful for you?

• is-in-es-en (xx--)

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • it-if-et-ef (x-x-)

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • ip-ij-ep-ej (x--x)

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • st-sf-nt-nf (-xx-)

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • sp-sj-np-nj (-x-x)

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • tp-tj-fp-fj (--xx)

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
is-in-es-en (xx--)

because I'd like to see an IN grouping. And often I think in these terms in myself. E.g. EN being half introverted and IS being half extraverted.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I've been using NP SP TJ FJ lately, because it relates to our actual primary functions.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
It's a tie between -xx- and x--x.
Definitely not.
NTP and STP are more in tune than NTP and NTJ.
Foul understanding of P and J causes this confusion.

Four groups:
__TP
_N_J
__FP
_S_J

Or:
_N_P
_S_P
__FJ
__TJ

I haven't decided which I like better.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've been using NP SP TJ FJ lately, because it relates to our actual primary functions.

You're wrong.
It's not actual. It's obvious.

Get a damned clue Flak.

ISTJ has Si primary -- we on the outside are not equipped well enough to detect the products of the ISTJ's Si because it's introverted, and doesn't respond to the environment first. It responds, and cooperates with the self.
Individualism comes into play here. It's why Introverts often prefer interaction with intimate friends to the general public -- their intimate friends know how to 'read them'. They've developed a sense of what to expect and what things mean.

An ISTJ with a habit of flipping a coin when he's uncomfortable, won't be accounted for by anyone except those who'd learned the ISTJ. Even when it's noticed without lucid awareness.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I chose ip-ij-ep-ej (x--x) because those are the functions I see first,
but I actually don't use any of the groupings listed.

I use: NF, NT, SJ & SP for groupings.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think I've used all of them at some point, but the most useful ones seem to be IJ, IP, EJ, EP, and NJ, SP, SJ, NJ.

TJ, FJ, TP, FP, is okay, as is IT, IF, EF, ET.

I'll never get over how many misconceptions I got from lumping together all four NT types, and all four NF types. They couldn't be more different from each other.

I generally only end up getting to know Introverts very well, though, so I don't know what works with Extraverts.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
You're wrong.
It's not actual. It's obvious.

Get a damned clue Flak.

ISTJ has Si primary -- we on the outside are not equipped well enough to detect the products of the ISTJ's Si because it's introverted, and doesn't respond to the environment first. It responds, and cooperates with the self.
Individualism comes into play here. It's why Introverts often prefer interaction with intimate friends to the general public -- their intimate friends know how to 'read them'. They've developed a sense of what to expect and what things mean.

An ISTJ with a habit of flipping a coin when he's uncomfortable, won't be accounted for by anyone except those who'd learned the ISTJ. Even when it's noticed without lucid awareness.
I thought you understood. Apparently not. The ISTJ is less concerned with their environment than the ISTP because get this: Thinking is the ISTJ's primary function, and Sensing is the ISTP's.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I thought you understood. Apparently not. The ISTJ is less concerned with their environment than the ISTP because get this: Thinking is the ISTJ's primary function, and Sensing is the ISTP's.

Oh man...
It's here too.

No buddy, Thinking is not first.
You have been misled because Thinking for the ISTJ is the easiest to notice. Sensing is harder to notice because it's introverted and expressed in a non-community defined fashion.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
They're all useful for recognizing certain behavioral patterns.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Oh man...
It's here too.

No buddy, Thinking is not first.
You have been misled because Thinking for the ISTJ is the easiest to notice. Sensing is harder to notice because it's introverted and expressed in a non-community defined fashion.
Here's another theory which conflicts with the one you're supporting. It's easy to have it make some sense however you cobble it together.

Logical Sensory Introvert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe I have found a ground-breaking solution for deciding which classification to use, once and for all.

Eenee, meenee, minee, mo...

(I'll get back to you)